User Tag List

Thread: Where to get some new wheels?

1. Default Where to get some new wheels?

Hi all,

I am new to this forum, so I was hoping other enthusiasts like me can help me out here.

I am looking at getting some new wheels for my new 3 MPS Gen II. I have been checking out a few wheels & tyres place in Sydney. I came across TemPe TyRe$ (excuse my spelling, not sure about whether I can quote them on the forum) and found something I like. But I was wondering in terms of price and service is this a good place? Or are there others?

Thanks!

Not sure about tyres sorry, but im sure one of the sydney boys will drop there 2c worth. I think Team Green just hot his wheels from there

Good luck!

3. Default

Hey Lynchy, thanks for the heads up. Yeah, I guess I'll have to wait for their replies...

I just feel a little uneasy until I can speak to someone who actually done business with them.

4. Default

you got a pic of the wheels u like

5. Default

Hey blackbetty, why you ask? As a matter of fact I do. Here it is:

Have you dealt with TeMpe before? I am thinking of either these or I go with spraying the stock 18" MPS rims.

i got my rims from tempe tyres...were friendly and easy to deal with..price was alright for the rims i got but couldnt shop around for them as they were the only ones that sold them.

Ozzy Tyres or Big O Tyres
    but both around the liverpool area so mite a bit to far from Gordon.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by STEALTH_MPS View Post
    i got my rims from tempe tyres...were friendly and easy to deal with..price was alright for the rims i got but couldnt shop around for them as they were the only ones that sold them.
    Cheers Stealth. Mind if I ask what rims they were? I am curious that only one place sells it in Sydney :-)

Quote Originally Posted by arden View Post
    Ozzy Tyres or Big O Tyres
    but both around the liverpool area so mite a bit to far from Gordon.
    Distance is not really a problem for me. As long as I can find the wheel that I like in the right size.

On my other post, http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/new-m...html#post68161 I was saying that I was looking for wheels that were larger in diameter but not in width. I was wondering if anyone here knows whether they make them. And are there benefits/disadvantage for getting a 18x8 instead of a 18x7.5?

9. Default

A huge benefit in terms of tyre size that legally goes on the rim. On the 8" rim you can fit 235/40/18 tyres which are much much cheaper, many many more choices. You cant legally put a 235 tyre on a 7.5" rim.

IMO the 8" and wider tyres give the car a sportier more agressive look too.

10. Default

I see so basically go with either 18x8 or 19x8 and u can't really go wrong yeh?

Quote Originally Posted by blackbetty View Post
    A huge benefit in terms of tyre size that legally goes on the rim. On the 8" rim you can fit 235/40/18 tyres which are much much cheaper, many many more choices. You cant legally put a 235 tyre on a 7.5" rim.

IMO the 8" and wider tyres give the car a sportier more agressive look too.
    If the Tyre maunfacturer states you can put a 235 on a 7.5" rim then it IS legal. Its just that not many 235's are available for a 7.5" rim.

I had a set of Nankang NS2's in 235 40 18 and were legal on my 18x7.5" Jet rims...only issue was speedo was out by 6km.

Got my rims and tyres from Tempe, cant complain about the service one bit. Wheels arrived the next day.
    Only problem was getting through on the phone, they seemed quite busy the day i rang.

I've also bought wheels from BigO tyres. Again, cant complain, they even gave me more off as i paid cash.

Only place i've had problems with was Bob Jane.

14. Default

Cheers guys! I will try those places you guys mentioned. I guess I just ring up and ask them for a quote right?

Anything I should look out for or ask for?