User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hi

1. Default

Graphite paint..Oh yeah! DIY job. Wow, I am impressed.

Does anyone know where in Syd is a good place to get your rims painted?

@Arden: You should do it to yours.

i dont have the time or patience to do something like that.

i rather pay someone but yeh, the thought of leaving your new car with someone for a day doesnt sit too well with me!!!

Hi mate.

As a slightly more expensive option...You could do what I did and get RX8 GT rims.

Bigger...wider...and lighter too

Have a lookie

Last edited by RadiantKnackers; 04-11-2009 at 04:51 PM.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by LittleredMPS View Post
    Hi mate.

As a slightly more expensive option...You could do what I did and get RX8 GT rims.

Bigger...wider...and lighter too

Have a lookie

Wow! They look pretty good! After my previous replies I reckon I am getting a red one. And those graphite rims looks good. Where can I find those? eBay? Mazda service parts? And how much were they?

oz3owner : Not used to your new nick mate.
    What size tyres are the rx8 rims running?

6. Default

Actually they r wider looking closer. Hmm..shame that I dun like the wheel in parallel with the flares. But good choice nonetheless. ^_^ get it lowered and it will look even better!

Quote Originally Posted by arden View Post
    oz3owner : Not used to your new nick mate.
    What size tyres are the rx8 rims running?
    They are 225/40-19 re050a mate. Actually makes the speedo accurate with the wider diameter.

Quote Originally Posted by louiskwong View Post
    Actually they r wider looking closer. Hmm..shame that I dun like the wheel in parallel with the flares. But good choice nonetheless. ^_^ get it lowered and it will look even better!
    It actually looks a hell of a lot better in the flesh. I took these photos just after fitting them and it hadnt settled properly yet.

The biggest benefit apart from looking hot and filling out the guards more because they are 19x8 rims....They weigh about 7kg each for the rims...thats roughly 2.5kg lighter per wheel with the tyre fitted over the stock 18" tyre/rims.

If you are looking at buying these...just scout around.

Dont bother going through mazda...the rim and tyre combo is $12000
    Last edited by RadiantKnackers; 04-11-2009 at 08:57 PM.
    MPS is gone. Ghey Trail enabled....Not Happy. MPS 6 to come

If you see any let me know

Hmmm - think I may have missed the part of the thread about colour. I was really stuck between Red and Black (sounded like I had a gambling problem when all I asked my mates for a week was "Red or Black"?)

In the end I went the black for a rather petty reason. From inside the car you can see bare painted metal around the window frame. Personally, I felt it showed too much of the cars' origin ($20k hatch back). As I said, rather petty!

I am sure you will love the car, no matter which colour you chose!
    "Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

Howdy Louis, welcome to OzMPS.

The choice between the Red and Black is a tough one. Black always looks tough and is always popular. But when I first saw the Red Mica duco on an MPS6 when they originally hit the showroom floor, I thought it looked brilliant. Such a deep, rich, vibrant finish.

I think it's a deeply personal choice, but even though I'm genuinely smitten with my Celestial Blue MPS, my next choice would probably be the Velocity Red.

Good luck picking your favorite colour.....at least you chose the right car, so no matter which you pick, it's all win/win in my book!!

Cheers

"light travels faster than sound, that is why some people appear brighter....until they speak"

11. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ScorpMPS View Post
    Hmmm - think I may have missed the part of the thread about colour. I was really stuck between Red and Black (sounded like I had a gambling problem when all I asked my mates for a week was "Red or Black"?)

In the end I went the black for a rather petty reason. From inside the car you can see bare painted metal around the window frame. Personally, I felt it showed too much of the cars' origin ($20k hatch back). As I said, rather petty!

I am sure you will love the car, no matter which colour you chose!
    , the cosmetic appeal between "harmonizing" exterior and interior definitely crossed my mind. ^_^

*Hmm..black interior matches with black exterior. Great!*

But then, it does break my heart when I see blemishes to my car. So I thought to myself, VR would soften the blow a bit more if you know what I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by ManicMPS View Post
    Howdy Louis, welcome to OzMPS.

The choice between the Red and Black is a tough one. Black always looks tough and is always popular. But when I first saw the Red Mica duco on an MPS6 when they originally hit the showroom floor, I thought it looked brilliant. Such a deep, rich, vibrant finish.

I think it's a deeply personal choice, but even though I'm genuinely smitten with my Celestial Blue MPS, my next choice would probably be the Velocity Red.

Good luck picking your favorite colour.....at least you chose the right car, so no matter which you pick, it's all win/win in my book!!

Cheers
    Thanks ManicMPS! Hahaha..I hope I picked the right car!

---------- Post added at 12:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:23 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by LittleredMPS View Post
    They are 225/40-19 re050a mate. Actually makes the speedo accurate with the wider diameter.

It actually looks a hell of a lot better in the flesh. I took these photos just after fitting them and it hadnt settled properly yet.

The biggest benefit apart from looking hot and filling out the guards more because they are 19x8 rims....They weigh about 7kg each for the rims...thats roughly 2.5kg lighter per wheel with the tyre fitted over the stock 18" tyre/rims.

If you are looking at buying these...just scout around.

Dont bother going through mazda...the rim and tyre combo is $12000
    Sorry if I sound so noob to this, but I have been looking at tyres websites on the net. I can't find any 18x7.5 or 19x7.5 wheels. Is it because they don't make them? Just that I see yours is 19x8 and I think to myself that might be a bit wide. I want to keep it the same width as the stock but have a bigger diameter.

Can anyone help and point me in the right direction?

Also, when you said it hasn't settled in. What do you mean by that? Does that mean if it's settled in, the clearance won't be big between the wheel and the chassis? I actually want to get a larger wheel to close in on that clearance gap. I think the gap ruins the look for the new MPS.

Welcome to the forum Louis.

I picked up my black MPS Luxury last Monday :] you'll love it when you bring it home. I was tossing up between the Aluminium and black, but I went the black as I've never owned a black car before. Also its pretty much a weekend car so most the time sits inside my garage during the week.

BTW which dealer did you buy from?

---------- Post added at 09:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 AM ----------

I'm also looking at painting my rims Graphite. Black with graphite rims FTW! :]

The RX-8 GT rims do look hot on them though. I dont think I could justify 12k HAHA, might as well get myself a set of Volks or Rays.

13. Default

Quote Originally Posted by sikdailo View Post
    Welcome to the forum Louis.

I picked up my black MPS Luxury last Monday :] you'll love it when you bring it home. I was tossing up between the Aluminium and black, but I went the black as I've never owned a black car before. Also its pretty much a weekend car so most the time sits inside my garage during the week.

BTW which dealer did you buy from?

---------- Post added at 09:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 AM ----------

I'm also looking at painting my rims Graphite. Black with graphite rims FTW! :]

The RX-8 GT rims do look hot on them though. I dont think I could justify 12k HAHA, might as well get myself a set of Volks or Rays.
    Thanks Sikdailo! If it's a weekend car then I guess Black is a good colour to cruise in. I got mine from West End. How about you? 12k is waaaayyy too steep for me. Sigh..still looking what wheels are out there and trying to work out what size. I want black rims with a lowered look. But lowering it means I need to change the suspension right? I can't just lower the stock shocks?

I got mine from West End Blacktown. Did you go West End in Parramatta?

You could just change the springs, but im content for the time being with how low its sitting.

15. Default

Yeah, Parra.

I went Parra, they sucked balls. I spoke to a Tyrone.

How much did you get it for all up if you don't mind me asking?

I went Blacktown and they actually wanted to know me HAHAHA

aboard and I hope that when u get ur MPS you can join us on a NSW cruise

18. Default

I went Parra, they sucked balls. I spoke to a Tyrone.

How much did you get it for all up if you don't mind me asking?

I went Blacktown and they actually wanted to know me HAHAHA
    Actually, funny that I spoke to him as well. He's helping me on it, but I know someone who works in the service department as well so he helped me to get mine at a "staff" price. Hence, I am not sure whether I could disclose it here. PM me if you really want to know and let me know how much you forked out as well. :-) I kinda want to see whether this friend of mine working in the service department is not all talk and actually doing me a favour.

@Team Green: Thanks man! I can't wait!! Sigh..it's two weeks~~!!!

HAHA nice hook up. Wish I knew someone at Mazda too. Would have asked for some RX-8 GT seats HAHAHA :]

20. Default

HAHA nice hook up. Wish I knew someone at Mazda too. Would have asked for some RX-8 GT seats HAHAHA :]
    :-) I was lucky that things worked out. Hahaha..GT seats..if the RX-8 graphite wheels set cost around $12k from Mazda, you are probably looking at an arm and a leg to get two RX-8 GT seats.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12