User Tag List

Thread: Servicing costs

1. Default Servicing costs

Hi all, how's life?

I'm coming up for my first service on a second hand MPS I bought recently and hoping you could help me out.

I've got quote from the two dealerships in the ACT at $500 and $465 (40k service).

I've also contacted another performance car mechanic in the area and they quoted me $280...

Also had a quick look in the dealership review thread and it seems I'm getting quoted on the pricey end of the scale.

So a couple of questions:
    a) Is it worth venturing outside of Mazda for servicing?
    b) How much should I be expecting to pay for a 40k service?
    c) Anyone have any recommendations for servicing in Canberra?

Thanks guys!
    Last edited by ando; 02-11-2009 at 12:06 PM.

2. Default

Ando, I always get mine done at Slaven basically because its convenient to work, I like them, my car is leased so I dont pay.

Theres a guy out at Hume that I know some ppl at work use and is really good but not sure about the MPS. Im sure some of the other guys in ACT might have some ideas for you ... maybe change your thread title to include ACT hopefully they will read it and advise you.

Neal Bates Motorsport at Hume is worth a look if you don't want to go to Mazda. They're good with turbo cars and deal with some pretty decent pieces of machinery day-to-day.

Another place I used to go with my old non-MPS Mazda was Reliance in Fyshwick, but I found them to vary in quality of work from great to crap...

I never tried any of the main Mazda dealers in Canberra. Is the car still under warranty? 40k is the first major service, probably worth taking it to Mazda and getting them to go over it, especially if it's new to you. Those prices sound about right for the 40k service on the 6 MPS.

Dealers are always dearer take it to a good performance shop for it servicing you will still be covered by your warranty.

my 40k service cost me over 1200! brakes were apart of this tho! thats about right!

You may find this thread a bit of help

http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/gener...html#post80759

Quote Originally Posted by 30MPS View Post
    Dealers are always dearer take it to a good performance shop for it servicing you will still be covered by your warranty.
    Not necesarily true on both counts there...that's a bit of a broad ststement.

Dealers always dearer - This depends and is on a case-by-case basis. Some good performance shops have service prices that make your eyes water! As usual, shop around to see what's best at the time to get the job done. Prices can vary across the dealers, so if you have the luxury of choice by virtue of location then ring around.

Still covered by warranty if you take it to a good performance shop - In theory yes, but any warranty claims are made so much easier with a main dealer full service history.

My $0.02 worth...if you find a good dealer service centre, stick with them if you want/need to retain warranty, otherwise go nuts at the shop of your choice.

I would find a good performance shop to do your service.

I personally dont use mazda for my services anymore for various reasons..price is one.

I have been servicing my car myself every 5000kms..with oil and filters...and i get a shop to do my 10000km service.

This has taken place since 70000kms....now hitting 118000kms with no problems.

Happy Motoring
    duglet

yes i will be finishing my mazda servicing!
    doesnt pay off at this stage! 80k +

I bought a 07 MPS3 back in June & it had a few rattles & squeaks......I rang Rolfe Mazda in Belconnen. They were aware of these faults & organised for me to bring it in & go for a drive to locate the squeaks with a mechanic. It was all done (WELL) under warranty no questions asked.

They have great customer service, however i have priced them against reliance Automotive for a 20k service & I was priced $360 @ Mazda & $260 @ Reliance Automotive.
    I have spoken to a few Mazda owners on the courtesy bus back to work & they swear by these guys.......though the decision is yours.....

Quote Originally Posted by Hama3 View Post
    They have great customer service, however i have priced them against reliance Automotive for a 20k service & I was priced $360 @ Mazda & $260 @ Reliance Automotive.
    I have spoken to a few Mazda owners on the courtesy bus back to work & they swear by these guys.......though the decision is yours.....
    See my comments above about Reliance...

You can always negotiate with Mazda about the price Vs the others. They may come to the party.

Are they doing exactly the same things?

Lovin' driving on the F3 every day!!!! NOT
    Blog Entries

Default This could be worthy of a complete new post??

Sorry to re-instate an old thread, however noting there are always questions regarding service costs i thought it may be useful. Also since there is already a dealer review thread maybe there could be a thread regarding servicing costs or this could be incorporated somehow.

I am raising this because I thought my service costs were a bit high, however looking around at some of the other posts perhaps it is not as bad as i originally thought.

Maybe worth a complete new thread..................Or a sticky???

Please note this is for the Central Coast NSW.

Although I would have thought these costs would be pretty much the same no matter where (since it is all MAZDA AUST i.e, using POL and parts from MAZDA AUST, using MAZDA service technicians, using the MAZDA AUST service schedule etc)

Anyway here are my last few "logbook service" costs:

60k: $327.90
    70k: $283.00
    80k: $476.86
    90k: $297.65

Hope this helps someone get a better deal.

Maybe put your MAZDA (only MAZDA, no ultra tune) service costs up with your locality, it would be interesting to see any major discrepancies.....................

Damo
    2006 True Red Gen 1 3 MPS Sports.

ZOOM ZOOM ZZOOMZ

Corksport Stuff, Special Mazda 6 Horn

Hi Damo,

We have a thread located here - Dealer Review Thread.

This gives an overall feel for the Service Centre, as well as details regarding price, interval and overall rating.