User Tag List

Thread: Auxiallary Input Audio

Default Auxiallary Input Audio

hi, just got an mps and was wondering if there was a auxillary port i could by or if they mps6 has it standard without me knowing where it is??just want it so i can use my ipod etc...it is a bose sound system...just don't want to change the head unit...thanks

The MPS3 has an auxillary port in the centre console between the front seats, not sure if its the same for the MPS6..You can buy units that plug into the back of the headunit..

Old group buy thread;

http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/group...-usb-link.html

3. Default

yeh I brought one of those units in the group buy .. maybe message EQ if he still has any left

Its the best thing just plug in your ipod and drive away

You can also get one of these off ebay
    Mazda 6 03-08 iPod Adapter Interface GROM #MAZI - eBay Adaptors, Parts Accessories, Car Electronics, Electronics. (end time 09-Nov-09 07:19:17 AEDST)

I got one the other day, install is a bit fiddly (depending on size of your hand) but basically you remove your glovebox which is really easy (Just squeeze in the sides and the back and it pops out) and then there is a socket on the back of your stereo that the cable plugs into. Then plug your ipod in and you're laughing.

It won't show what track you are playing by name but you can control it via the steering wheel controls. Other limitations are that iphones from what I have heard may or may not work but won't charge and that if you run rockbox (an alternative firmware for the ipod) you will most likely have difficulty changing tracks.