User Tag List

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: MPS6 engine hesitation

Best start a new thread in the diagnose my data log section.

Sent from my S4 while I'm tappin dat' glass.

2. Default

Probably a failing fuel pump, as per a lot of early Gen 1 MPS 3 and I'm guessing MPS 6 issues. The High-Pressure Fuel Pump can fail, not sure why or how, had mine discarded when replaced. Get a workshop with a rolling dyno to confirm, will cost some $$$ but do it with a service and at least get some valuable work done at the same time. Oh, and it's not a cheap part to replace. OEM, when I did it was around the $900 mark (with discount).

3. Default

Just got my MPS back from the mechanic. Had the new HPFP internals installed.
    Just thought I would update you all with the situation.

I took the car for a quick spin and ran through all gears 1-6 with no stuttering or power loss. Feels great.

I will hook the AP up later to confirm.

Special thanks to all those who helped me with my problem, and special thanks to dyno tune in belconnen for a great job. Quick, cheap, and about a 2 hour turn around. Great work guys.

Quote Originally Posted by pural001 View Post
    Just got my MPS back from the mechanic. Had the new HPFP internals installed.
    Just thought I would update you all with the situation.

I took the car for a quick spin and ran through all gears 1-6 with no stuttering or power loss. Feels great.

I will hook the AP up later to confirm.

Special thanks to all those who helped me with my problem, and special thanks to dyno tune in belconnen for a great job. Quick, cheap, and about a 2 hour turn around. Great work guys.
    Awesome to hear
    Glad your car is back to feeling healthy, your rods and pistons will thank you!
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Winning!

Sent from my S4 while I'm tappin dat' glass.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456