User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Extended New Car Warranty

It will if it is a extended factory warranty.

2. Default

ok just took my car in for its last service while under warranty which runs out in 3 weeks. I asked my dealer about an extended warranty and they said they can do one for 1 more year for the MPS6 and it will be $1000.

Do people think its worth paying this. Im thinkkng about it and I have had the new turbo doen and am getting my leaking diff etc all done next week new seals etc and a new water pump .... I dont have any other issues the dreaded vibration or hesitiation so think it most unlikely they will surface.

So is it worth paying a $1000 for a 12 month warranty with my dealer
    Taken my boring, bland, lame Subaru and my fat ass and driven off into the sunset with a smile on my face

Hi Mel (Mull)

Tough call, will the $1000 invested in an extended warranty cover all the items a manufacturers warranty would cover? If not then definitely don't spend the $$$$, if yes consider it.

If it was me (and it was recently as I considered this, though didn't enquire further) I wouldn't. As you said all the major fault's have been repaired and there are unlikely to be anymore. I have access to a TSB (Technical Service Bulletin) site for the MPS 6, this lists all the TSB's that have been issued, I was going to summarise this one day when I had some time. PM me for the details

The only one I'd still be concerned about though is the VVT problem, do you get a rattle noise at startup, particularly cold starts? If so then get that fixed now under warranty that's a 3-4 hour job! Here's the thread

http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/tech-...-cx7-2-3t.html
    R36 - Just like an MPS6 except with a growly V6

4. Default

Chris, its an extension of the manufacturers warranty is my understanding covering everything that my warranty now covers.

I did read that thread and I dont think my car does that. Whenever I start it in the morning it does rev quite high initially at 2000rpm then after a minute or so drops down to idle at 1000rpm but im pretty sure it doesnt sound rattly or like a diesel.

5. Default

Cold start will always make it rev a little higher then taper off as it starts to warm.

interesting, on the mazda website and from the dealer they told me i had to pay the $1000-1500 before it left the dealer for the extended one year warranty.

mine did come with a dealer extended warranty that is pretty rubbish, they will only pay $500 of every claim and only pay it if you service with that dealer every 6 months or 10,000kms. What this warranty does is garantee the dealer he is going to get atleast 2 services a year out of you and if something breaks that is covered by it and outside the normal factory warranty they only have to shell out $500.

6. Default

My MPS also had the noisy startup (noise lasts for about 5 sec). I think talldan's has it as well. Sounds like a growl and tapping noise until the oil gets going, then noise goes away.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12