User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Extended New Car Warranty

Default Extended New Car Warranty

I bought my Mazda 6 MPS at the start of the month and I noticed its got a "New Vehicle Warranty Contract 5 Years" Anyone had to deal with one of these as the second owner? Does the contract actually transfer or is it voided? Assuming it's still valid it has about a year left on it.

I'm also a little annoyed it states that I have to have it serviced with them as they are about an hours drive each way from where I live.

I also figure that the previous owner hasn't had it serviced in ages because he stopped driving it (got a company car) so they will probably claim I failed to keep up the servicing and void it anyway.

My extended warranty is not transferable, only the manufacturers warranty.
    Best to call the dealership and speak to someone there to clarify.

My 6 MPS has an extra 1 year of NEW CAR WARRANTY, so that makes 4 years in total of Mazda Warranty.

Im the second owner and Mazda clarified with me that it does indeed have 1 year left of warranty and it GOES WITH THE CAR not the owner.

Not sure if that helps?!?

Yeah, I can pretty much vouch for that. I bought my MPS on "M-Day" and received the extra 1yr Manufacturers Warranty (4ys total). It was explained that if the car was on-sold, any remaining warranty would pass on to the new owner.

Even though I was offered another year 3rd party warranty (at added cost) I wasn't interested. Both a mate and I have had bad experiences with non-Manufacturer extended warranties.

Quote Originally Posted by Nepharius View Post

I'm also a little annoyed it states that I have to have it serviced with them as they are about an hours drive each way from where I live.
    This indicates its a extended warranty to me, the dealer warranty will not be void if its serviced somewhere else.
    Call the dealer and confirm
    MY16 WRX STi Crystal White Pearl
    -= Rally Armour Flaps - 2XS Muffler Delete =-

FG FPV F6 MKII Vixen - SOLD
    -= Bluepower SRI - ID1000 Injectors - Venom Cat - XCAL3 - ProcessWest Stg2 Intercooler - 359 RWKW=-

CX9 Grand Touring Stormy Blue
    -= The rolling armchair =-

6 MPS Velocity Red - SOLD
    -=Cat Back Exhaust - Pirelli PZero=-

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD
    -=PG SRI - PG Inlet - ETS TMIC - GFB Hybrid BOV - Best Mufflers DP - Eibach Pro - AccessPort STG2 - Autotech HPFP - ITV22 - Michelin PSS=-

Quote Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
    This indicates its a extended warranty to me, the dealer warranty will not be void if its serviced somewhere else.
    Call the dealer and confirm
    Actaully yes, very true. Good point

My Extended 3 year warranty from the used car dealer states i must have it serviced at the used car dealer in order for warranty to apply....crap but hey they make all the money they can out of you.

Current: 2002 Nissan S15 200SX SPEC R
    Previously: 2006 Mazda 6 MPS ,MY00 WRX CLUB SPEC EVO IV Hatch ,97' Nissan S14A 200sx, Nissan R34 GT-T, Nissan S12 Silvia

Has its pros and cons. If the dealer you purchased is good service wise its a great deal, if not you are being shafted

I bought it private sale so I have no idea what the dealer is like apart from being an hours drive away I really should ring them....

Well I finally got around to it and I can confirm that the extended car warranty (the one over and above new car) does not extend to the second owner.

Yeah it's a bit of a disappointment that the 5 year extended warranty doesn't carry onto the second owner. I've got this on my MPS 3 that I purchased second hand but can't make use of it (still got about 6 months left on the factory warranty though).

Anyone know if you can pay a bit of money to extend it?

You may be able to 'buy' an extended warranty provided its always been serviced at the same dealer... Best to ask the dealer though

I think its about $1100 per year for extended NEW CAR warranty...
    Im pretty sure thats what i read at JARRET Nissan\Mazda

Quote Originally Posted by nissanman View Post
    I think its about $1100 per year for extended NEW CAR warranty...
    Im pretty sure thats what i read at JARRET Nissan\Mazda
    Stuff that..what a ridiculous price to pay.

I dont really think its worth the paper its written on as its via the dealer not mazda..

I havent had my car serviced by mazda since 70K....it now has nearly 114K on it.

Dont worry too much about servicing at mazda....just find a good mechanic and your all good.

Most things can be done yourself as well...to save a little money.

Mazda services and warranties are OVER RATED.

Happy Motoring
    duglet

Quote Originally Posted by duglet View Post
    Mazda services and warranties are OVER RATED.

Happy Motoring
    duglet
    Sadly you are quite correct for MOST car manufacturers.

Try buying 600k + worth of cars (my place of work) from a dealer (ford) and still getting ripped off for servicing charges and warranty work etc... Crazy, i would have thought they would look after you with that much money being spent through a single dealer within 4 years....

Current: 2002 Nissan S15 200SX SPEC R
    Previously: 2006 Mazda 6 MPS ,MY00 WRX CLUB SPEC EVO IV Hatch ,97' Nissan S14A 200sx, Nissan R34 GT-T, Nissan S12 Silvia

Well I just booked the car in for a service at the local place. It is about 5 minutes walk from my house. I have half a dozen dealerships withing a 15-20 minute walk but of course Mazda is not one of them! The only thing I'm curious about is the fact that Mazda supposedly updates your ECU software when it is serviced. Have they done this in a while or is that just an idle threat to make you go back?

Just a quick question about mazda's manufacturer's warranty (not dealers). I understand that I can use a qualified servicer outside of mazda's servicing but which ones do they mean by "qualified"? Which companies/persons am i allowed to use without voiding the warranty? thanks in advance guys

Quote Originally Posted by Nepharius View Post
    Well I just booked the car in for a service at the local place. It is about 5 minutes walk from my house. I have half a dozen dealerships withing a 15-20 minute walk but of course Mazda is not one of them! The only thing I'm curious about is the fact that Mazda supposedly updates your ECU software when it is serviced. Have they done this in a while or is that just an idle threat to make you go back?
    my ecu seems to be updated every second service... they did a firmware upgrade on the stereo last time too...

i get my car serviced through Eager's Mazda Newstead, i have had to pay thought the nose a few times for installs, but nothing is ever a problem for them and warranty issues are sorted without question, i have warranty till 2012

Blog Entries

Can you get mods done with the extra warranty? I can get the extended 3yr warranty for $500 & also able to get it serviced wherever i like...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast