User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Corksport Intake

1. Default

What is the easiest way of getting the stock accordian hose off of the elbow joint? I have taken my airbox off twice and have really struggled with this both times. Like it takes me 30 minutes to get it off the elbow joint and 5 minutes to do everything else!

Lovin' driving on the F3 every day!!!! NOT
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Crusher_13 View Post
    What is the easiest way of getting the stock accordian hose off of the elbow joint? I have taken my airbox off twice and have really struggled with this both times. Like it takes me 30 minutes to get it off the elbow joint and 5 minutes to do everything else!
    Mate I suppose its just a case of pull and twist at the same time. I haven't had any troubles with that at all. The "hardest" part of the install was trying to workout how to disconnect the plugs from the ECU. Once I worked out how to do that the rest came apart really easy. Make sure you have a long 10mm socket to tighten up the clamps.

The only thing I will probably do to improve the fit is to acquire a dremel and take a bit off the back of the airbox lid that sits on top of the fuse box. The tolerances there are probably too close. It will also cause some pain later if you need to access that later as you will have to take the lid off to access anything in there. (Maybe keep a allen key in the glove box???)
    2006 True Red Gen 1 3 MPS Sports.

ZOOM ZOOM ZZOOMZ

Corksport Stuff, Special Mazda 6 Horn

Quote Originally Posted by tigamica350 View Post
    Mate I suppose its just a case of pull and twist at the same time. I haven't had any troubles with that at all. The "hardest" part of the install was trying to workout how to disconnect the plugs from the ECU.
    Yeah I saw that instruction got confused and then worried I would break something and gave up. Luckily it didnt matter, I get the feeling it's an instruction only for the 3 as your ECU is in the engine bay while the 6 it's stored safely in the car. (or at least that's what I read somewhere).

For me the hardest part really was getting the inlet pipe in, was like one of those chinese puzzles where you have to work the two twisted bits of metal apart, you keep trying different angles until you finally get it right!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nepharius View Post
    For me the hardest part really was getting the inlet pipe in, was like one of those chinese puzzles where you have to work the two twisted bits of metal apart, you keep trying different angles until you finally get it right!
    Yep there isn't too much room there.
    2006 True Red Gen 1 3 MPS Sports.

ZOOM ZOOM ZZOOMZ

Corksport Stuff, Special Mazda 6 Horn

installed the cobb inlet pipe a few months ago only hard part i had installing was the bloody recirc tube. Inlet went in fine but couldnt get the dam recirc tube to get onto the inlet...ended up taking the inlet out and connecting the recirc tube first then putting it all back in. Was a little harder room wise but easier all up. sound is unbelievable now its mated up with the cpe cai

Blog Entries

OK Just an update for all of those who are unsure about changing the intake on the 3 MPS.

I have had it (CorkSport Power Series Short Ram Intake System) on for a few days now and I must say I am loving it.

It seems to have made the car less jerky and much smoother to drive. Although it is noisier than I probably would like.

Good value, I reckon!!!

S3 Magazine featured Corksport recently showcasing thier Mazdaspeed 3.

Some lite reading...

Does that car have a tune? getting that much power with only bolt ons is pretty damn impressive.

I am currently sourcing a Corksport SRI + TIP, once thats installed we will see how it goes. I might end up getting the airbox to keep the noise down, I dont want to sound like a skyline brother in my car.

Mean looking car!!! and some nice numbers!

10. Default

with the cobb inlet and CAI is it recommended to get a tune? worried about boost spike if going down this path

11. Default

i'm thinking about getting a cold air intake for my 06' 3 MPS, i dont want the SRI because i think it's too close to the engine and getting too much of the hot air, but i might be wrong...

which CAI should i be looking at? there's the CPE which looks like: http://www.mpsgarage.com.au/shop/pro...ir-intake.html
    and the corksport one which looks like: AEM MAZDA 3 Cold Air Intake

i also have a HDI FMIC on mine which is giving me 30kW more in power, so the CAI might run into the cooler pipe

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12