User Tag List

Thread: removing the swas? 3 mps

1. Default removing the swas? 3 mps

hey guys i was wondering if removing the SWAS will cause any harm to the engine? i did remove it and the car seems to be pulling much stronger.
    cheers

A what?

3. Default

SWAS- steering -wheel-angle-sensor

Never knew that existed. I'll have to rip mine out too.

This is my old thread with pics

I need SWAS pictures! - Mazdaspeed Forums

No problem I hope with posting links to other mazda sites?

Note

I ran the car like this due to the Piasini flash running into 1-2 gear torque reduction issues. Ecu had a conflict with the additional power after flash. People will state that this is dangerous but a ran without swas for over 6 months and dsc/abs was uneffected.
    Last edited by magoo; 27-10-2009 at 10:09 PM.
    08 VW GTI PIRELLI DSG - 1 OF 400
    S3 HEART WITH 229 kw OF APR GOODNESS

SOLD - 06 MPS3 / CPE CAI / CPE HKS BOV / CPE HV2 BELLMOUTH DUMP & METALLIC CAT / CPE MOUNT / COBB SUSPENSION / DBA SLOTTED ROTORS C/W HAWKS PADS

6. Default

thaks alot magoo :-)

Hey Keagz,

So you tried the car with swas removed? Problem fixed?

8. Default

hey bud i did try and the problem is fixed in the first gear and it feels more aggresive, however i feel the power dies out at around 5200 rpm. is this coz i dont have a cai or sri?? i also did a dyno run after doing this and the graph looks very bumpy now compared to before? dont know y thou , im thinking the car needs more air coz it feels like its boosting more now.

The MZR dies after 5k anyways. Search around and youll soon find you have a high torque/low rpm car.

Ive seen boost 1st-2nd gear b4 and after showing a difference. Im not sure if the torque reduction in these gears is removed with the disconnected swas.