User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fitting of a Turbosmart BOV to a Gen II

Not at you Dan, at Troy

Perhaps I was a bit too harsh? Maybe?

All will be fixed on Saturday. Troy (2XS) is going to fit it after the SRI is fitted... the airbox is in the way - it's not the suppliers fault.

Put simply, if you want to change the factory (crap) BOV, you'll have to modify your airbox somehow. Either that, or speak to 2XS about getting a CES Racing SRI

The airbox on the Gen2 is alot closer to the BPV fitting than the gen1. The Turbosmart BOV is just to big to fit. However most BPV's will fit cause there smaller and Turbosmart have told me they are working on a valve for the Gen 2.

Quote Originally Posted by DISIMS3 View Post
    The airbox on the Gen2 is alot closer to the BPV fitting than the gen1. The Turbosmart BOV is just to big to fit. However most BPV's will fit cause there smaller and Turbosmart have told me they are working on a valve for the Gen 2.
    I had no issues once the CES SRI was fitted, even with my CES Heat Shield

CES SRI Fitted.
    2015 Audi S3 | MTX | Sedan | Sepang Blue | Sunroof | SPP1 | Assistance Package | BW - Week 17 | Delivery June/July '15... Hopefully...

Help support OzMPSClub - Become a VIP Member today! - Click here for more details...

Quote Originally Posted by PostmanDan View Post
    I had no issues once the CES SRI was fitted, even with my CES Heat Shield

CES SRI Fitted.
    Thats because the heatsheild was designed on your car to be able to suit the Turbosmart BOV
    Achievements
    2009 Jamboree Street Compact Winner
    Aust. Quickest and Fastest MPS
    12.3 seconds @ 111Mph.
    Proven over the Qtr mile

Another Mazda 3 MPS - Almost fully bolted - Waiting for a turbo upgrade - The weekend hack.
    Toyota Yaris - Coilovers, rollcage, raceseats, harnesses, 18s - Also waiting for a turbo upgrade.
    2011 AWD Territory - White and Slightly lowered on 22s - The tow car.
    2011 RWD Territory - Black on black and slammed on 22s - The family transporter.

so dan makes awesome fully hektic WAAMPPSSHH sound? power is stronger and more linear? fuel economy? If you can tick these boxes i will be getting these off you 2xs!!!

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by 2XS View Post
    If you want an engine rebuild, get it fitted at Autobarn
    GOLD!

Seriously a BOV is 2 bolts and a hose clamp... How can you cut your fingers?

Maybe too much time on the keyboard!
    CorkSport FMIC with Cold Air Induction, , Cork Sport Cat Back, CPE Standback with PNP, TurboSmart BOV, Custom Highflow Cat with CorkSports Downpipe,Pauter Rods, CP Pistons,ARP Head Studs, BIGGER TURBO COMING, Pre-ordered a Stage 3 CPE Engine.

Quote Originally Posted by lazydog View Post
    Seriously a BOV is 2 bolts and a hose clamp... How can you cut your fingers?
    Those hose clamps are tight lil basta

The pliers I had to spring it open, was not big enough really (needed bigger again!)

That said, I replaced them with adjustable clamps (screw-up type) rather than spring loaded.
    2015 Audi S3 | MTX | Sedan | Sepang Blue | Sunroof | SPP1 | Assistance Package | BW - Week 17 | Delivery June/July '15... Hopefully...

Help support OzMPSClub - Become a VIP Member today! - Click here for more details...

Hi Dan, I don't want to sound supercilious, but I can't see why you had such a problem. It's 5 minutes to get the old one off (undo top 6mm vac hose clip, 25mm bypass hose clip and two 10mm flange bolts) and about 15 tops to install the new one, assuming all the rest of your plumbing is stock.

Admittedly, it is possible to skin your knuckles a bit screwing or undoing the valve cap for correct adjustment once the inter-cooler cover is back on, partly over the top of the BOV.

Loosening (not undoing) the small Allen bolts in the flange base enable you to turn the BOV to better align it and avoid fouling other fittings, but they do come already set up for the Mazda (see single dot - Subaru is two dot alignment). Re-tighten them after you get the positioning right.

Anyway, good luck )
    CP_e Standback & PNP; CP_e 3" SS Downpipe; Corksport FMIC with Top-mount K&N filter & OEM Ram CAI; Turbosmart BOV; Dashhawk; Prosport Boost Guage; JBR solid shift bushes; DBA 4000 Wiper-Slot front rotors; Hawk Ferro-Carbon HPS Street front brake pads (@ 69,000km); Sumitomo HTRZIII's in 225/45 x 18

I think the issue was lack of space as the aftermarket BOV would not fit with the OEM airbox. In the Gen1 no problem but i think its slightly difference in his Gen2.

Quote Originally Posted by Nirvandan View Post
    I think the issue was lack of space as the aftermarket BOV would not fit with the OEM airbox. In the Gen1 no problem but i think its slightly difference in his Gen2.
    +1. I dont think anyone reads anything anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug_MPS6 View Post
    Hi Dan, I don't want to sound supercilious, but I can't see why you had such a problem. It's 5 minutes to get the old one off (undo top 6mm vac hose clip, 25mm bypass hose clip and two 10mm flange bolts) and about 15 tops to install the new one, assuming all the rest of your plumbing is stock.

Admittedly, it is possible to skin your knuckles a bit screwing or undoing the valve cap for correct adjustment once the inter-cooler cover is back on, partly over the top of the BOV.

Loosening (not undoing) the small Allen bolts in the flange base enable you to turn the BOV to better align it and avoid fouling other fittings, but they do come already set up for the Mazda (see single dot - Subaru is two dot alignment). Re-tighten them after you get the positioning right.

Anyway, good luck )
    Yup, took me 5 mins to rip the sh!t off too. If you read the beginning of the posts, and not start from page 2, its evidently clear that the stock air box is in the way.

There are subtle differences in the engine bay Gen1 to Gen2.

Hi Dan, I see. Sorry. I've looked at my daughter's Gen 1 and assumed they would not have found any reason to change the air-box, to take up even more room.

^^ Hehe, DW thats what I originally thought too!!

15. Default

Change to FMIC then you can fit anything

I have reverted back to standard from the TSBOV because it became too loud with my fmic. Anyone wanna buy a turbosmart or swap for forge + cash?

Quote Originally Posted by PostmanDan View Post
    Yup, took me 5 mins to rip the sh!t off too. If you read the beginning of the posts, and not start from page 2, its evidently clear that the stock air box is in the way.

There are subtle differences in the engine bay Gen1 to Gen2.
    swear word ummm marrrrr

I got frustrated .. again ...

:mod:

sowwy

We are MPS windscreen decal and CES SRI buddies(soon)Dano dont be mean to me..i'll cry

Be nice or you will get kicked out again

i fitted mine fine on the gen2 buddy

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast