User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Reflash Vs XEDE

1. Default XEDE Processor cold idle issue

Quote Originally Posted by Crusher_13 View Post
    Leah,

Thank you I will get those details to you ASAP...

2006 Mazda 3 MPS

Forge BPV
    Cobb Tuning SF Intake
    CES Divorced wastegate TBE
    XEDE (dual map)

The car on cold start jumps to 2000rpm while in open loop and slowly drops down to 1100rpm through a combination of open and closed loop. This takes around 30 seconds.

Some times the car can take a good 3 seconds of cranking to start. This is cold start, most obvious if I have not driven the car over the weekend.

Before I knew otherwise if I started to drive off before the rpm was at 1100rpm or lower it would almost stall.

Any assistance is much appreciated.
    The cold start high idle is a normal function of the Mazda 3 MPS. The extended cranking time on cold start also sounds normal for the Mazda 3 MPS with an XEDE when not driven for a couple of days. What is not normal, is the stuttering / almost stalling that you are experiencing. With the Cobb Tuning SF Intake that you have, this does alter the air flow meter (MAF) values substantially and therefore it is extremely important to have the tuning setup accurately for these changes. Our suspicion from your description of your car’s symptoms is that the cause could be due to the tuning at low rpm being inappropriate. You are experiencing this symptom only when cold as, once the engine gets warm, the O2 sensor is making corrections to counteract this symptom. If we are right, to correct this you need to have your vehicle tuned by someone who has a scan tool to read the serial data from the MPS. They need to analyse the Long and Short Term Fuel Trims and setup the tune the MAF MAP- (Fuelling adjustment in the XEDE) so that the Long Term and Short Term Fuel trims (in the Mazda data list) are close to zero with the bonnet closed and the engine at normal operating temperature. This should mean that the open loop corrections applied to these will likely be much closer to correct operation when cold. It is difficult to quantify this procedure more than this, as there are always variances between individual vehicles and different climatic conditions that should be allowed for by your local tuner.

Lachlan & Leah @ CT
    follow us on twitter - http://twitter.com/chiptorque

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nexus View Post
    Seems to me there's a market for a generic PNP loom access solution.
    Seems Protege Garage agree; I just saw this posted in another thread. Cool. I'm all for flexible solutions myself.
    Had a quick squiz through the thread and didn't see any reference to this, thought it worth making a note of. Hope I'm not double-posting.

Quote Originally Posted by mpsgarage View Post
    Believe it or not but no there isn't as the other suppliers have always sold them as a cut in harness, unless they can buy the plugs. ...
    Generic PNP is obviously quite expensive but it makes me feel a whole lot better about installing a piggyback of any sort. Given the choice between a harness cut and shut and a PnP option, I'd go PNP any day.
    "Blue Meanie" 2007 Aurora Blue MPS 3 - 18x8.5+44 SSR GTX01 - 235/40R18 Michelin PS5 - 3.5" ETS TMIC - CPE stg 2 mount - HKS/CPE BPV - 2XS inlet - 2XS short shift - Corksport turbo manifold - HT 98 octane tune - Leather/Aluminium handbrake - Momo shifty knob - 7" touchscreen - JDM Mazda Retractable dashtop screen assembly - Bespoke Raspberry Pi Android based GPS/Carplay and instrumentation - 36AH reserve battery and C-TEK isolator - TEIN Street Advanced coilovers 1" drop - Superpro bushings - 220Kw/410Nm.

"Lipstick" 2013 Velocity Red MPS 3 - 18x7.5+48 Enkei RPF1 -225/40R18 Federal RS-RR - CPE TMIC - COBB inlet - CPE stg 2 mount - COBB Stage 1 98 octane tune - COBB shifty knob - 2XS short shift - 2XS turbo manifold.

In regards to PNP etc, there IS a way without hacking your loom. Search the forum for 'pin extraction' or the like. Its been covered somewhere before.

If not PM me
    Last edited by Jmac; 21-02-2010 at 11:36 PM.

Or me

Just wondering why doesn't anyone have a
    Cobb acessport?? Cobb AccessPORT ECU Programmer: MAZDASPEED 3

The Accessport (at this stage) is not compatible with the local vehicles, some testing was done some time ago with another member, ECU dumps etc were taken, then the project just stopped.

Quote Originally Posted by Matto View Post
    Just wondering why doesn't anyone have a
    Cobb acessport?? Cobb AccessPORT ECU Programmer: MAZDASPEED 3
    Very Good Reason.

The accessport does not work with Aus spec Mps ECU.
    08 VW GTI PIRELLI DSG - 1 OF 400
    S3 HEART WITH 229 kw OF APR GOODNESS

SOLD - 06 MPS3 / CPE CAI / CPE HKS BOV / CPE HV2 BELLMOUTH DUMP & METALLIC CAT / CPE MOUNT / COBB SUSPENSION / DBA SLOTTED ROTORS C/W HAWKS PADS

so will an mps6 with a reflash and xede yeild better results than with just a reflash?

9. Default

Not necessarilly. But this depends on the level of modifications the vehicle has. For basic mods: exhaust, intake and intercooler both the flash tune and XEDE will achieve similar power, however the driveability is slightly enhanced with the flash tune's additional control. Once you get to the level of turbo upgrades and more, using a combination of XEDE and flash tune can be beneficial as it would be set up in a way for the flash tune to command specific changes that are then fine tuned with the XEDE Processor. Tuning with the XEDE is a significantly simpler process, hence quicker to perform and cheaper for the customer. But you do have to factor in the cost of the XEDE unit and install vs. tuning time with the flash tune. Plus if you went for the combination of XEDE & flash tune, for those who like to play with their car, the XEDE will give you the facility to tune with XMap software.

Leah @ CT
    follow us on twitter - http://twitter.com/chiptorque

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123