User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Reflash Vs XEDE

2. Default Update for MY10 Gen 2 3MPS

Quote Originally Posted by PostmanDan View Post
    How is Ezy-Flash going to compare to Xede?

Pros/Cons?
    The engine management system between the Gen 1 and Gen 2 3MPS is completely different. At this stage we are developing the Ezy-FLASH for the Gen 1 3MPS. The Gen 2 3MPS Ezy-FLASH development hasn't been allocated an R&D schedule at this stage, so there is no Ezy-FLASH to compare the XEDE Processor to for the latest model MPS.

But in a perfect world if ChipTorque had an unlimited development budget and the Ezy-FLASH was made and available for the Gen 2, then it is likely to be a superior product to the XEDE Processor. This is because reflash technology allows full control over the factory ECU as opposed to intercepting specific ECU signals and altering them with the XEDE Processor.

Both XEDE Processor and Flash Tuning have been proven as effective tuning solutions, they are both different technologies. It's just a matter as to which is available for your vehicle and better suits your needs.

Leah @ CT
    follow us on twitter - http://twitter.com/chiptorque

3. Default Flash Tuning Pros and Cons

Flash Tuning
    PROS
    Supports Gen 1 Mazda 3 MPS
    Supports Mazda 6 MPS
    More tuneability, can control more tune parameters
    Non invasive installation, no cutting or splicing of wiring
    Price of custom dyno reflash is actually cheaper than interceptor style supply, fit and tune
    Will be compatible for future support by Ezy-FLASH

CONS
    Currently only available at ChipTorque Gold Coast, Qld
    If Mazda upgrade your PCM, the flash tune will need to be reflashed into you vehicle's ECU by ChipTorque Gold Coast.
    Tuning time is longer (more expensive) than an XEDE retune.

Note that ChipTorque are developing the Ezy-FLASH Pro and Tuning software that will solve the first 2 cons.

---------- Post added at 02:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:38 PM ----------

XEDE Processor
    PROS
    XMap tuning software provided with product
    User friendly tuning software
    Can be custom tuned by any experienced Dyno Tuner
    Tuning time is faster (cheaper) than reflash method
    Supports 2 separate tune maps (dual maps)
    Two high current outputs for boost control, water spray or auxiliary injector, etc.
    Revert to your standard tune using optional By-pass Plug
    Can be used with an existing ECU flash tune to easily fine tune the parameters
    Live data display through XMap
    Password protection for map data stored in the XEDE Processor using XMap
    12 Month Warranty
    14 Day Satisfaction Guarantee

CONS
    Installation involves hard wiring the product into your vehicle's wiring loom
    You'll have a physical aftermarket modification fitted to your vehicle
    Control is limited to that available through the XEDE: The XEDE Processor is an interceptor style Engine Management System. It generates changes in fueling and ignition timing by changing the factory ECU’s load and crank reference input signals to improve the factory tune
    Will support up to a 25% increase in fuel injector size
    Last edited by ChipTorque; 23-11-2009 at 02:54 PM. Reason: Didn't change heading to XEDE Processor Pros and Cons in 2nd post

4. Default

I have a question.

Will Xede make a car hard to start and increase the time an engine takes to reach normal idle after start up?

exed... ftw

Quote Originally Posted by Crusher_13 View Post
    I have a question.

Will Xede make a car hard to start and increase the time an engine takes to reach normal idle after start up?
    I wouldn't expect any difference as an interceptor doesn't usually change these cold start values, as they are not performance related.

These value would be left the same to maintain factory starting.
    Red '05 6MPS.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Penguin740 View Post
    I wouldn't expect any difference as an interceptor doesn't usually change these cold start values, as they are not performance related.

These value would be left the same to maintain factory starting.
    So I keep hearing. The exhaust people say that the exhaust is not to blame either...

Something must be to blame or it would not happen.

What about option C

..all of the above.

Quote Originally Posted by Crusher_13 View Post
    I have a question.

I think its most likely the xede, it might be taking a couple of turns more to sense the correct crank angle reference. I know some other aftermarket ecu's (in general) take a bit longer than factory.

Anybody feel free to correct me.
    ^^^The message is up there stupid^^^

^^ Exactly, it takes a few more cranks to pick up and adjust the CAS (crank angle sensor) reference, as far as cold starting idle though, it shouldn't make any difference as the Xede only works when the ECU is in open loop mode, i.e under load.
    Unless the car goes straight into open loop from cold, some do this for warm up purposes, will try and remember to check the dashhawk this morning when cold starting.

11. Default

Quote Originally Posted by MattMPS3 View Post
    ^^ Exactly, it takes a few more cranks to pick up and adjust the CAS (crank angle sensor) reference, as far as cold starting idle though, it shouldn't make any difference as the Xede only works when the ECU is in open loop mode, i.e under load.
    Unless the car goes straight into open loop from cold, some do this for warm up purposes, will try and remember to check the dashhawk this morning when cold starting.
    Yes MattMPS3 is exactly right. We expect the delay to be 0.2 second from ignition ON, which is not noticeable by most people.

The symptoms however sound like incorrect air flow meter signal or other. Possible causes are many. Crusher_13 please PM your XEDE serial number, vehicle type, modifications, details on who installed and tuned your XEDE Processor and your location and ChipTorque would be happy to assist where we can.

Thanks, Leah @ CT

^^^^

Is that top quality service or what!

13. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ChipTorque View Post
    Yes MattMPS3 is exactly right. We expect the delay to be 0.2 second from ignition ON, which is not noticeable by most people.

The symptoms however sound like incorrect air flow meter signal or other. Possible causes are many. Crusher_13 please PM your XEDE serial number, vehicle type, modifications, details on who installed and tuned your XEDE Processor and your location and ChipTorque would be happy to assist where we can.

Thanks, Leah @ CT
    Leah,

Thank you I will get those details to you ASAP
    Last edited by Jmac; 25-11-2009 at 09:59 PM.

Do you have a set of Xede bypass plugs Crusher?, that would help eliminate one of the variables.

15. Default

Do you have a set of Xede bypass plugs Crusher?, that would help eliminate one of the variables.
    I don't.

However I have PM'd Leah.

So any luck I will have some sort of answer before to long.

Just on the flash tuning subject Leah, can the flash tuning allow the user to reset, or even remove the frustrating in gear power restrictions set in place by Mazda.
    Would I also be correct in assuming the ezy flash "out of the box" tunes, once available, can then be tweaked from an Xede (if previously fitted), or is it best to solely do one or the other.

thanks

The XEDE can be used in conjunction with the EzyFlash. You can reflash the std ECU with a new tune and then tweak it with the XEDE over and above the reflash. This is what I have, Reflash + XEDE. The flash takes care of all the parameters I wanted tuned (more options with flash) and then this allows me to tweak the tune with further mods that I change or add on after.

Do you know if they were able to remove the in gear power restrictions with the flash, this is causing me no end of frustration.

19. Default

Just on the flash tuning subject Leah, can the flash tuning allow the user to reset, or even remove the frustrating in gear power restrictions set in place by Mazda.
    Would I also be correct in assuming the ezy flash "out of the box" tunes, once available, can then be tweaked from an Xede (if previously fitted), or is it best to solely do one or the other.

thanks
    Yes! Through flash tuning we can adjust and set up the power limitations in gear. Mazda have set this up by having different torque limitations (limiting throttle and boost). Our observations show that 1st gear is most limited, 2nd gear has more power, 3rd gear onwards has more again with all of those having similar power. The in gear limits can be totally removed in effect by commanding the same values in 1st & 2nd gear as with 3rd+. By altering the torque limits this affects wheelspin. When we are creating a custom flash tune we're normally trying to find the right balance within the tune.

A feature of the yet to be released Ezy-FLASH could deliver alternative tune options for gear limits, but until this is available it will not be resettable by the user in our flash tune alone.

Using the XEDE Processor in conjunction with an ECU flash tune is compatible and will work well. Custom tuning the XEDE will command changes to the current flasht tune in the ECU.

Leah @ CT

Excellent thanks Leah,
    I appreciate the wheelspin issue with trying to apply more power / torque to the road, but I, and a fair few others, have modified suspension and bigger wheel / tyre combos, enabling greater traction so the availability of the extra power will just serve as a bonus, also, the power restrictions seem to be applying themselves through the first 4 gears, which seems to be a massive amount of overkill in my opinion, I dont want to wait till I reach 5th gear for peak power.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast