User Tag List

Thread: DashHawk question:)

Default DashHawk question:)

Just received my dashHawk and am not 100% familiar with it yet but realised fairly early on that it stays powered on when the car is not running..Is there a way of fixing this, or is it just a mater of unplugging it every time you turn your car off..I did read something about someone putting togethor a cable that has a inline switch!! Anyone else have one of these??

The latest software releases helped reduce power consumption while the vehicle is off but it still uses a trickle. Unless you have an old battery and only drive your car once a week I don't think it would be a problem. Certainly unplug it if your car is going to sit for more than a week.

Blog Entries

Does it stay on the whole time or does it turn off after a while?

I know my ScanGauge stays on for like a couple of minutes and then turns off.

It looks off, but for some reason it continues to draw some power. I don't really understand it.

Quote Originally Posted by kmh001 View Post
    It looks off, but for some reason it continues to draw some power. I don't really understand it.
    If it's anything like my Auterra DashDyno, it is in a low power mode checking for CAN bus activity every 10 seconds or so, and when it senses CAN bus activity, it will magically come to life by itself.

Only needs about 20 mA in this pseudo "off" state.

Ive never noticed, when i turn my car off it says saving setttings then goes blank?

Quote Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
    Haven't had a chance to load that version on yet, but I will give it ago

Let us know how you go, im running that version and it appears to turn off with the car (the screen does anyway)

Another quick question..Where are you guys mounting your dashHawk??

Mine has the metal thing attached, and I just slide it in the aircon vent to my left, Metal through the bottom of the vent and just poke some of the cord through the vent, sits there perfectly (doesnt fall out when on the curry button) and looks okay, easy to put away and no sticky shit on my dash!

I think chris (stealth) does it the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
    Let us know how you go, im running that version and it appears to turn off with the car (the screen does anyway)
    Loaded that version of firmware Jmac and all seems sweet..And it turns off with the car

Thanks for ya help

No problemo!