User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello All

Default Hello All

Hello all,

I have recently just purchased a new 09 MPS 3 Luxury in black mica. It is due for pick up next Monday. Just thought i'd research a little more about the car before I become one with it.

Just a quick question for you guys, the whole myth with 'wearing in your car'. People tell me I should be keeping it under 3000rpm before the clock hits 1000kms. Yet I hear from other sources that driving it like you normally would from day one will open up the engine more. Was just wondering what peoples thoughts are on this.

Cheers :]

Welcome!

With running in the car, some people will tell you to granny it, others will say fang it.
    I say let it warm up, cool down and drive it normally without thrashing its guts till after the first service - just be careful to vary the revs on highway driving.

Where abouts in NSW you from? Hopefully see you about on one of our meets/cruises - be sure to check the NSW section..
    http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/club-...social-events/
    MY16 WRX STi Crystal White Pearl
    -= Rally Armour Flaps - 2XS Muffler Delete =-

FG FPV F6 MKII Vixen - SOLD
    -= Bluepower SRI - ID1000 Injectors - Venom Cat - XCAL3 - ProcessWest Stg2 Intercooler - 359 RWKW=-

CX9 Grand Touring Stormy Blue
    -= The rolling armchair =-

6 MPS Velocity Red - SOLD
    -=Cat Back Exhaust - Pirelli PZero=-

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD
    -=PG SRI - PG Inlet - ETS TMIC - GFB Hybrid BOV - Best Mufflers DP - Eibach Pro - AccessPort STG2 - Autotech HPFP - ITV22 - Michelin PSS=-

1st everyone will have different answers I'm one to nurse the car for the 1st 1000k's with a bit of normal and HWY driving with out thrashing it just to let things settle in.. My opinion only. Enjoy the car when you get it...

Thanks JMAC, 240MPS & LYNCHY

I think me being me, i'll baby it for the first 1000kms and then open her up a little from there :]

I have always gone for the baby approach while running in...I look at it from the point of view that it may not help...but it certainly cant hurt.

Hope to see you on some of the nsw cruises soon mate

and congrats on your purchase.

mate, I dont know how to baby a car so if mine shites it I will know why

Howdy Sikdailo, welcome to OzMPS.

Looks like you and ScorpMPS will be picking up at the same time next week, albeit in different states. Bet you can't wait!!

New cars are a little different nowadays and can be driven pretty much normally from day dot. As the others have mentioned, don't sit at the same speed all day, keep it varied. You should be fine to open it up a bit when the urge hits you but just keep it sensible.....a short burst here and there, no redlining and no "bouncing off the rev limiter" drag launches.....OK!

I've had a few new motors built-up over the years and all were actually bedded-in on the dyno before they set foot on the road. That was common practice for many performance / race engine builders. They load them up on the rollers over a couple of hours in a controlled fashion to properly bed in the man bearings and rings. From there on, you just did what you liked....within reason (depending on how long it was intended your motor to last)!!

Cheers.....and ENJOY

"light travels faster than sound, that is why some people appear brighter....until they speak"

welcome aboard

Welcome mate hope you enjoy the club

Happy Motoring
    duglet

Quote Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
    Welcome!

With running in the car, some people will tell you to granny it, others will say fang it.
    I say let it warm up, cool down and drive it normally without thrashing its guts till after the first service - just be careful to vary the revs on highway driving.

Where abouts in NSW you from? Hopefully see you about on one of our meets/cruises - be sure to check the NSW section..
    http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/club-...social-events/
    FYI Jmac i'm from the Parramatta area :]

Howdy Sikdailo, welcome to OzMPS.

Looks like you and ScorpMPS will be picking up at the same time next week, albeit in different states. Bet you can't wait!!

New cars are a little different nowadays and can be driven pretty much normally from day dot. As the others have mentioned, don't sit at the same speed all day, keep it varied. You should be fine to open it up a bit when the urge hits you but just keep it sensible.....a short burst here and there, no redlining and no "bouncing off the rev limiter" drag launches.....OK!

I've had a few new motors built-up over the years and all were actually bedded-in on the dyno before they set foot on the road. That was common practice for many performance / race engine builders. They load them up on the rollers over a couple of hours in a controlled fashion to properly bed in the man bearings and rings. From there on, you just did what you liked....within reason (depending on how long it was intended your motor to last)!!

Cheers.....and ENJOY
    Definitely no launching.... YET! HAHAHA.

Thanks to everyone else for the welcome. This is definitely a great forum. I feel EXTREMELY welcomed already. Also thanks for the opinions. I think I will baby this one as it's my first performance car.

Welcome to the forums Dai Lo!
    I googled the same question before picking up my car.
    I made sure I varied the revs…and did both city and highway driving.
    On the slight occasion I would give it a bit..but nothing too hardcore.

15. Default

mmm Black nice

Yeh with this car and my last car I made sure I varied the revs, I was advised actually to take it for a run down the coast and back from canberra so a mix of mountain roads and highway givging the engine a litle taste of everything you could thros at it

hey welcome to the site. we are getting quite a collection of gen 2's!!

Parra huh! not too far out to join us on our next meet I hope!!

Check the cruises section regularly, hope to meet you in person at our next outing.

Thanks for the input guys.

Yeah looks like alot of Gen 2 3MPS' coming to the forum :]

Jmac: I see from your profile you're in IT. I am as well. Where do you work?

I'll definitely be looking to go on a cruise when I get my MPS!

Im working in the webhosting business over in north ryde, how about you?

I'm a Network Engineer in Wynyard :]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast