User Tag List

Thread: Gen 1 mods compatible with Gen 2

Question Gen 1 mods compatible with Gen 2

Hey Guys,

Although I haven't done much research on the subject I thought it might be good to start a thread where we could list aftermarket parts for the Gen 1 MPS which are compatible with the Gen 2 for future reference. I would imagine that there are quite a few? Being the same engine and all.

The intake on the Gen 2 appears to be identical to the Gen 1 right down to the MAF sensor. Having noted this it would be fairly safe to say that most of the SRI's and CAI's can be used on the Gen 2.

Likewise the OEM BPV appears to be the same on Gen 2 as the Gen 1.

Engine wise, everything should be compatible. Obvious changes in the rear of the exhaust but thats about it

We are looking into the SRI, but, from current viewings we've had, it looks fairly promising. although most heatsheilds won't carry across.

In fact, many parts of 1 gen approach by 2 gen Mazda3.
    First of all very interesting will be a brakes from 2gen and 2 first gears from gearbox...
    On the 2nd gen 1,2 gears are longer.So you can order five parts and construct gearbox like on new mps...The difference just in 5 parts)))
    I`ve alredy downloaded here diagramm of changes and part numbers in other topic.
    The brakes now is 340mm like on Audi and SEAT Cupra...
    In Russia for the last 3 monthes were sold just 5 mps of 2nd gen...The main reasons are the price that higher on 40% of 1st gen!And just exterior and interior differences.

---------- Post added at 04:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:47 AM ----------

A621-17-201
    A621-17-271
    A601-17-251
    A621-17-311
    Take it!)