User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: scratch/dent repairers

Default scratch/dent repairers

Well this afternoon after finishing work i was greeted by a lovely suprise..NOT.. on my right rear fender.. a big scratch near the wheel arch. I swear some people don't have the brains to be careful with shopping trolleys. To make it even more obvious they just left the trolley against my car instead of moving it away..***holes. Shit happens i gues but damn its so frustrating and makes you angry.

So, does anyone know of a good place in the Sydney area that can repair this and how much roughly it'll cost if anyone has had any experiences like this????

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0164.jpg 
Views:	212 
Size:	86.8 KB 
ID:	1482Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0165.jpg 
Views:	204 
Size:	90.7 KB 
ID:	1483
    CURRENT: 2009 VW Passat R36

PREVIOUS: 2008 Mazda 3 MPS

Wouldn't that piss you off, sorry to hear mate I can't help with any info from brisbane good luck with it. I got a small mark from a shopping centre very little and it still shits me when i wash the car.

3. Default

They are jerk.. sorry living up in brisbane..

Doesn't the lack of respect from some drive you mad

somebody ran a trolly (I think) down the side of mine yesterday right out the front if work. Left a black mark that polished out, but also a nice crease through both left hand doors

I reckon you might be up for an insurance job there dude.
    I had the same happen to mine, and had to have the whole rear bumper replaced as the impact snapped the mounting clips!
    Luckily, the guy who hit mine left a note and it was all cleared up in no time at all.

There are some decent people around...somewhere...

Same thing happened to mine a while back i just left it ...dont have $1500 to waste on insurance pemium ...mine isnt as bad as yours though

looks like you may need a re-spray

Wow your lucky that the person had the balls to own up.

To fix mine it would most likely be cheaper to go through insurance but having had a recent claim, it's probably not worth it.
    I'll figure that out when I get a quote to fix it

Mate, Id just be taking it to your local trusted panel beater/sprayer and getting a quote. I can recommend Premier Panel Beating in Greenacre
    http://www.premierpanelbeating.com.au/

Family friend works there and they do great work, any scratches ive had have been repaired there.
    Last edited by Jmac; 20-10-2009 at 04:29 PM.

ooo nice justin...i actually live in greenacre and only just up the road from the place...might head down there thursday and get a quote. cheers

No worries, not sure how they compare cost wise but they repaired my SSS when I had it after my brother scratched the door badly, they repainted the door and was a perfect color match, could not tell one bit. (the car was red and paint was more than 10 years old - though in perfect condition)

And what condition was your brother in after scratching the door ?

....my guess would be beyond repair

Yeah he was about 30 seconds to beyond repair, lets just say he was lucky mum came home when she did.. considering he did it with his car, trying to take it out.. before he had a license....

His wallet was pretty sore afterwards.

Especially lucky taking into account the way I looked after that car.. the paint still looked brand new.

went and got a quote from Premier Panel Beating. Spoke to the owner and he quoted me $550 to repair it.He said he'd have to respray the whole of the 2 panels.
    What you guys think on the price? abit too much or alright?

On a side note he told me they are recieving both targa mps3's soon apparently and going to be respraying them all blue and then putting on vynals instead of it been painted on. He said he's gonna give me a buzz to come down and check them out.
    CURRENT: 2009 VW Passat R36

PREVIOUS: 2008 Mazda 3 MPS

Price sounds really good, being mica black, it takes a bit more work than normal. Need to blend the colour in to get it to match. I'm an ex-panel beater

I was quoted $600 today to fix the swipe in my doors and paint it, going to try a paintless dent repairer as its not scratched. I can't do that, and i don't want to work on my own car.

Quote Originally Posted by STEALTH_MPS View Post
    Well this afternoon after finishing work i was greeted by a lovely suprise..NOT.. on my right rear fender.. a big scratch near the wheel arch. I swear some people don't have the brains to be careful with shopping trolleys. To make it even more obvious they just left the trolley against my car instead of moving it away..***holes. Shit happens i gues but damn its so frustrating and makes you angry.

So, does anyone know of a good place in the Sydney area that can repair this and how much roughly it'll cost if anyone has had any experiences like this????

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0164.jpg 
Views:	212 
Size:	86.8 KB 
ID:	1482Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0165.jpg 
Views:	204 
Size:	90.7 KB 
ID:	1483
    i hate that sit bad too man!!! ppl have no respect for other peoples property. i would just love to catch someone in the act of something like that happening and make them pay!!!!!!
    HKS cat back, CES SRI, DENSO Iridium cold plugs,MZR Shifter Base Bushings... more to come! got the mod bug!!!

went and got a quote from Premier Panel Beating. Spoke to the owner and he quoted me $550 to repair it.He said he'd have to respray the whole of the 2 panels.

On a side note he told me they are recieving both targa mps3's soon apparently and going to be respraying them all blue and then putting on vynals instead of it been painted on. He said he's gonna give me a buzz to come down and check them out.
    Hey mate, price sounds pretty good...
    If you want a second opinion, go and see Vince at MVR, which is also in Greenacre suprisingly... I've been pretty happy with his work so far, he's been around for years and has done some pretty prestigious cars.
    ->MVR SMASH REPAIRS WEBSITE<-

Was that Keith you spoke to or Graham?
    And let me know when the have the Targa cars too :P
    MY16 WRX STi Crystal White Pearl
    -= Rally Armour Flaps - 2XS Muffler Delete =-

FG FPV F6 MKII Vixen - SOLD
    -= Bluepower SRI - ID1000 Injectors - Venom Cat - XCAL3 - ProcessWest Stg2 Intercooler - 359 RWKW=-

CX9 Grand Touring Stormy Blue
    -= The rolling armchair =-

6 MPS Velocity Red - SOLD
    -=Cat Back Exhaust - Pirelli PZero=-

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD
    -=PG SRI - PG Inlet - ETS TMIC - GFB Hybrid BOV - Best Mufflers DP - Eibach Pro - AccessPort STG2 - Autotech HPFP - ITV22 - Michelin PSS=-

hey justin i spoke to keith..was heaps nice and knew what he was talking about. Took me through what would be done and stuff.

about the targa cars np..it'll be awesome to see them in the flesh

Ah okay, Graham is a family friend
    They do definitely know what they are talking about and its great that even the owner gets involved!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast