User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Intake mods today via MPSGarage.

Smile Intake mods today via MPSGarage.

Hi there everyone. Completed the CP-E CAI, Cobb Turbo Inlet Hose and Turbosmart Dual Port BOV with Daniel and Simon from MPSGarage today. Thought that I would let you know a few things about how the install went and the post install results in the hope that this may help someone out with their install and the possibility of a feeling of dismay in the event that they choose to dyno straight after the install.

To start out, the base run peaked at 154atw. Post install, the thing only pushed to 158.9atw, and the air/fuel mix went from a 12 to a 9 and then off the charts - basically very rich, but interestingly progressively better with each run. Unfortunately, we had all run out of time, so we decided to conclude this at another date. During the drive home, for the first ten or so kms the car drove quite sluggish. There was then a 15 or so minute freeway portion of driving, and at this time, the car started to completely transform.

Throttle response became incredibly immediate and this continued and increased positively over the next 30 mins of driving. Obviously, whereby this 'learning' engagement may not have been always required on the Gen1's, I feel that this is something that the revised ECU may possibly need to do on the Gen2. There was also a solid midrange increase in boost from 14-16.5psi. Not bad for initial runs. I know you will all be wanting dyno prints, however in the haste of running out of time and the shop closing, left my dyno sheets there.

Due to personal commitments, I will not have an opportunity to dyno the car until two weekends from now, where I believe my comments will be supportive of the newly learnt behaviour. What I can tell you is that the intake sound is ridiculous - but only in a fantastically good way, and the butt-dyno is quite impressed.

Further to this, please let me dispel any rumours that the Gen1 CAI will not support the Gen2. This CAI bolted straight in without a hassle. Don't believe the hype, guys.

My car will be the test mule for the MPSGarage's soon to be marketed Gen2 Stage 1 kits in both CAI and SRI format, in conjunction with BOV, Inlet Pipe and CPE dump pipe (which Daniel advises me will be available shortly). Exciting days, people. All runs to date have been filmed in twin camera hi-def video, so we will be able to let you know how we are progressing with this combo in due course.

Promise more to come soon, guys.

Mark
    Last edited by Kebabylon; 18-10-2009 at 02:43 PM.

Great work can't wait for the print outs and video's

Top stuff.

The mod bug is screaming inside me now lol.

Must be good...must be good

It has always been a given that the ECU be reset and the car be allowed time re-learn its fuel trim data after any mod, this pretty much goes for any type of car, as it can be catastrophic if the car is heavily modified.
    Good results though, and good to hear there were no fitment issues between the Gen 1 & Gen 2 bits.

Absolutely.

Im in West Pennant Hills, and I know there are a few 'pilots' living in the local area. If anyone wants to go for a ride with me to see the change in their Gen 1 or Gen 2 from these relatively simple and well priced mods, please send me a PM. I guarantee that once you ride in my car and feel/hear the difference, there is no turning back. I had no idea my car would respond this well. Worth every single cent.

Cannot wait for the revised down pipe from CP-E.

Mark

Hey mate, where is MPS garage? Didn't realise it was an actual shop, thought it was just an online thing!

They are located in at Penrith, and you are correct in saying that they were an online distribution business. However, due to their operation booming, they are moving to a new premises where they will not only sell, but also offer a fitting service.

Daniel and Aaron have probably the most experience in NSW for MPS Tuning, and it will be extremely exciting to see their operation expand, not to mention great to seeing some young Aussies doing well for themselves. Their service and support in the products they sell is second to none, which is far more than I can say for some overseas performance part retailers.

I am all for supporting Australian businesses. At least if you buy local and there is a problem or an enquiry, you have a face and a voice to support your purchase. Imagine shipping a $1,000.00 item back to the states as a faulty return, no thanks.

Mark

Thanks for posting up the tread mate. I actually noticed your post on a u.s based forum. (the one where a dude installed 2nd gen CP-E CAI)

I wasn’t gonna do any mods but ur thread has got me thinking!

Hi Arden. So much mis-information on the intarwebs, bro. Trust me, you would love the transition from stock. My dyno results in two weekends will speak for themselves. Ass dyno says YAY. The real turning point will be the new CP-E downpipe. When revised stock arrives, we will test the first one on my car and we will share the results in high definition.
    Last edited by Kebabylon; 19-10-2009 at 04:08 PM.

Yes, there are so many myths out there. Especially the one how the 1st generation intakes don’t fit the 2nd generations.

I look forward to seeing the dynos and videos mate.

I might pop around to see them, are they on this forum?

12. Default

Yeh mpsJOE we are on this forum, Give us a call before you drop in as we are moving we might not be available.

Blog Entries

great to hear the new MPS getting some love just don't forget about us older models

Hi guys,

West Pennant hills eh? My MPS is in the shop Atm ,but would be awesome to compare models after mods have been applyed.

Ive got all the same intake mods as yours, but also ive done the Exhaust also .

Would be good to catch up sometime and go for a run (in a controlled environment)

As for the Mps garage guys, ive dealt with Daniel and was very impressed with his level of customer service.
    He even dropped my items to my front door, which i was impressed with , as it saved us both time, and money .!

~Richie~

Quote Originally Posted by mpsgarage View Post
    Yeh mpsJOE we are on this forum, Give us a call before you drop in as we are moving we might not be available.
    Well I'll be in the area on Saturday, dropping my car off to be detailed around the corner, will you be there?

Quote Originally Posted by LittleredMPS View Post
    Top stuff.

The mod bug is screaming inside me now lol.

Must be good...must be good

It'll be your wife screaming before long Jase
    Quote Originally Posted by Street Road Laino View Post
    I'm never drinking again

17. Default

Quote Originally Posted by mpsJOE View Post
    Well I'll be in the area on Saturday, dropping my car off to be detailed around the corner, will you be there?

SORRY WE WON'T BE IN THIS WEEKEND!

Okay guys,
    Just completed the final dyno run for the intake mods that I listed within the first post. We went from the original base run of 154atwkw to Saturday's 163.6atwkw. This basically pushes to car to approximately 205fwkw, which I am absolutely stoked about, especially as the car was run in a warm workshop at the hottest part of the day.

Obviously, every dyno is different, but these performance mods will all be run on the same dyno so you all can see how the changes are progressing. Daniel from MPSGarage will shortly have the new CP-E Downpipes from the states, and once fitted, we are expecting further solid gains. There will also be an addition of ET-S top mount or similar in due course.

Daniel will probably chime in at some point regarding the kits that he is putting together for the Gen2's as I believe that he and Aaron will be doing some competitive deals on supply and now fitting, seeing that they are slowly getting settled-in at the new location.

I am extremely happy with the mods to date and would say don't hold back if you are considering starting with the intake while you wait to see how the downpipe performs.

Last edited by Kebabylon; 01-11-2009 at 09:37 PM.

Very nice gains mate.

Watching with interest for future upgrades

Nice gains. I've also been considering the CAI on mine, although I told myself i'd keep my car stock as a rock. These threads are bringing out the MOD bug inside me

I wouldn't mind seeing the difference the CAI makes in real life :]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast