User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Intake mods today via MPSGarage.

Nice Figures mate.
    im getting sick of hearing how quiet my car is.

my old car had the full headers/exhaust setup with CAI and it sounded mean and beefy in comparison to the mps3

But Im weary of doing anything to exhaust at the mo considering problems with the Gen 1
    I don’t want to give mazda any ammunition should I need any warranty work which is engine/turbo related!
    Last edited by SlowMPS; 06-11-2009 at 10:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by arden View Post
    Nice Figures mate.
    im getting sick of hearing how quiet my car is.

my old car had the full headers/exhaust setup with CAI and it sounded mean and beefy in comparison to the mps3

But Im weary of doing anything to exhaust at the mo considering problems with the Gen 1 I don’t want to give mazda any ammunition should I need any warranty work which is engine/turbo related!
    Hi Arden, if they do, they are bloody shonks, mate. They have to detail a direct correlation between the mods and the fault. If they tried it on me, they would fail. I have a pretty good relationship, and when it comes to stuff like this, you have to instinctively know when to hold them and when to fold them. If you know you dont have a leg to stand on cause your mods are pushing over 200atwkw, and you just put the number 4 rod through your block, you fold them. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by sikdailo View Post
    Nice gains. I've also been considering the CAI on mine, although I told myself i'd keep my car stock as a rock. These threads are bringing out the MOD bug inside me

I wouldn't mind seeing the difference the CAI makes in real life :]
    Hi sikdailo. The difference, and the sound - is massive. You can actually now hear the turbo spool, and the CAI noise is like putting your ear to a giant 4 inch piped vacuum cleaner. If you're in Sydney, pop me a PM and we can try to arrange something when we are mutually free.

Mark
    Last edited by Kebabylon; 06-11-2009 at 03:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kebabylon View Post
    The difference, and the sound - is massive. You can actually now hear the turbo spool, and the CAI noise is like putting your ear to a giant 4 inch piped vacuum cleaner. If you're in Sydney, pop me a PM and we can try to arrange something when we are mutually free.
    I now know what you mean!!!Massive difference in sound.

i now get heaps of unwanted attention from the fully sick cars out there wanting to go me after they've heard the vacuum cleaner sounds!

I blew past this van and after he caught up, he turned his head to look at my car to say do u have under that hood!

Arden, what intake did you put on it? can you notice a difference in power?
    Im fighting the urge of putting a SRI on mine.

Quote Originally Posted by cotn View Post
    Arden, what intake did you put on it? can you notice a difference in power?
    CP-E CAI...powerwise, i wouldnt say it made an massive difference. but it certainly pulls harder in the mid range and delivery is slightly smoother.

I wouldve gone SRI for the ease of removal but the po po dont like exposed PODS down here.

Wait til you put on the intake pipe. Waa waa wee waa.

Quote Originally Posted by arden View Post
    CP-E CAI...powerwise, i wouldnt say it made an massive difference. but it certainly pulls harder in the mid range and delivery is slightly smoother.

I wouldve gone SRI for the ease of removal but the po po dont like exposed PODS down here.
    PostmanDan stock Gen II + CES SRI put down 183 atwkw at ChipTorque's dyno.

As for exposed PODs he had it enclosed check PostmanDan thread

CES Racing SRI now with pix!
    CES "SS" TBE | SURE "Aeros" SRI | SURE "Sidewinder" TIP | SURE "Return" Recirc Hose | CUSTOM "PWR Core" FMIC | Hypertech "Tuned" | Turbosmart "Atmo" BOV | MSD DashHawk | CP-e REM | SURE "Anchors" Shifter Bushings | JBR SSP and Weight | JBR Heavy Knob |Redline Hood Quick LIFT ELITE | TEIN "SS" Coilovers | Front - Rear HOTCHKIS Swaybars | Front - Rear DBA 4000 Slotted Rotors | A1RM Brake Pads | 18x8 +45 Tenzo-R Cuzco Black V1 | 235/40/18 Michelin Pilot Super Sport | Safe n' Sound baby Seat lol

What was the first stock pass dyno figure?

...around 7kw more than your base run..I think 165atwkw

You're expecting me to believe that just an SRI changed 165 stock to 183?

Sorry. No fricken way I will swallow that one.

I dont expect you to believe, I myself didnt think it was right until I attended the dyno run of PostmanDan. Dyno graphs before and after are available for anybody to see from the test mule.

Dyno results on standard vehicle / with CES SRI
    POST #22

Swallow that one

Quote Originally Posted by Nirvandan View Post
    I dont expect you to believe, I myself didnt think it was right until I attended the dyno run of PostmanDan. Dyno graphs before and after are available for anybody to see from the test mule.

Dyno results on standard vehicle / with CES SRI
    POST #22

Swallow that one
    GULP!
    Achievements
    2009 Jamboree Street Compact Winner
    Aust. Quickest and Fastest MPS
    12.3 seconds @ 111Mph.
    Proven over the Qtr mile

Another Mazda 3 MPS - Almost fully bolted - Waiting for a turbo upgrade - The weekend hack.
    Toyota Yaris - Coilovers, rollcage, raceseats, harnesses, 18s - Also waiting for a turbo upgrade.
    2011 AWD Territory - White and Slightly lowered on 22s - The tow car.
    2011 RWD Territory - Black on black and slammed on 22s - The family transporter.

I had ur (2XS) TBE CES exhaust fitted & dynoed 2 weeks ago with a result of 165kw atw. How can you acheive 183kw atw with only a CES SRI?????????????
    Mine is an 07 model...........Thought you would get more power from an exhaust than a SRI.....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hama3 View Post
    I had ur (2XS) TBE CES exhaust fitted & dynoed 2 weeks ago with a result of 165kw atw. How can you acheive 183kw atw with only a CES SRI?????????????
    Mine is an 07 model...........Thought you would get more power from an exhaust than a SRI.....
    +1
    Not Gone...just "busy"
    Quote Originally Posted by Street Road Laino
    It's not blue screen of death Kent, it's Auora Blue screen of death

+2

. As if we didnt expect to see Troy stick his face in here.

Different dynos will give different results. For example, we know that the Dyno that we have used for our testing is quite conservative. As a result, the base is lower, but the mods are equally reflective in the shift. Id love to put mine against anyone's at a Dyno day, and we will see who is full of shit. I don't care really, but I would never consider a stock car with simply only a SRi will gain 20. Talk is cheap, lads.

Quote Originally Posted by Hama3 View Post
    Did you get a dyno run before fitting the TBE? Can you post your graphs?
    CES "SS" TBE | SURE "Aeros" SRI | SURE "Sidewinder" TIP | SURE "Return" Recirc Hose | CUSTOM "PWR Core" FMIC | Hypertech "Tuned" | Turbosmart "Atmo" BOV | MSD DashHawk | CP-e REM | SURE "Anchors" Shifter Bushings | JBR SSP and Weight | JBR Heavy Knob |Redline Hood Quick LIFT ELITE | TEIN "SS" Coilovers | Front - Rear HOTCHKIS Swaybars | Front - Rear DBA 4000 Slotted Rotors | A1RM Brake Pads | 18x8 +45 Tenzo-R Cuzco Black V1 | 235/40/18 Michelin Pilot Super Sport | Safe n' Sound baby Seat lol

18. Default

so according to this run:

there are more gains to be had from a SRI than an Xede?

i would have put on another SRI, then i would be hitting 9000rpm and VTEC would kick in

Last edited by kagerou; 17-03-2010 at 04:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kagerou View Post
    so according to this run:

there are more gains to be had from a SRI than an Xede?

i would have put on another SRI, then i would be hitting 9000rpm and VTEC would kick in
    lmao. Hillarious.

Strap on 4 if you can.

Quote Originally Posted by Kebabylon View Post
    . As if we didnt expect to see Troy stick his face in here.

Different dynos will give different results. For example, we know that the Dyno that we have used for our testing is quite conservative. As a result, the base is lower, but the mods are equally reflective in the shift. Id love to put mine against anyone's at a Dyno day, and we will see who is full of shit. I don't care really, but I would never consider a stock car with simply only a SRi will gain 20. Talk is cheap, lads.
    It would interesting to see someone againts yours on the same dyno indeed.

Its not just talk btw, there are graphs that show the gains.

When you said "full of shit" are you saying Chiptorque is playing with the results?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast