User Tag List

Thread: selling car these days?

Default selling cars these days?

hey fellow mps bros

i have my on carsales have my eye on a low kms mps3 in cosmic :P (would LOVE the new mps3 but don't have 45k maybe when its 2 years old )

anyway what is it with tyre kickers and time wasters? am i the only one

i have 27k FIRM on my and still have ppl coming down and offering 25k etc???

i know you always get this when selling but in the last 6 months since the GFC people are low balling even more !
    Last edited by kovmps6; 16-10-2009 at 07:42 PM.
    2005 Mazda MPS6 Radiant Ebony Luxury-Pack

They will try Rowan has the same issues with his, similar pricing and firm and he has had 24k offers

just bump the price up a bit and they will come down to what you want

Quote Originally Posted by pockets View Post
    just bump the price up a bit and they will come down to what you want
    i had it for 28k and a dude that ventures on here called after seeing it and offered 27k i sms him back and said ok to 27k..

he goes il get back to you and never did ?

so i figured IF im going to let it go for 27k may as well put 27k firm.. but agree will bump it up to 28k again lol

Welcome to my world when i was selling my car. I had offers from 22-26K. Some offers genuine, some offers from retarded people (22K) and offers to swap (Integra FFS).

Its just how it all works these days. You put up 27K and they will always offer 2-3K below that. It doesnt hurt to ask does it? I know i wouldnt pay what someone was asking

Just keep at it bud, someone will bark up your tree at some stage
    Alcohol - Some Of The Best Times, You Will Never Remember

Quote Originally Posted by kovmps6 View Post
    i had it for 28k and a dude that ventures on here called after seeing it and offered 27k i sms him back and said ok to 27k..

he goes il get back to you and never did ?

so i figured IF im going to let it go for 27k may as well put 27k firm.. but agree will bump it up to 28k again lol
    Thats what id be doing

7. Default

Wow going from an MPS6 to an MPS3 ... how come ?
    Last edited by blackbetty; 16-10-2009 at 12:35 PM.

they realised the 3 is better

If you want an demo velocity red MPS3 lux pack there is one going cheap in adelaide. Asking $39400 for it. I have the contact details if you want

I always ask. You never know someones situation.

I advertised my S14 for 18k, ended up taking 16 for it. Same with my WRX, adversied for 17k, had offers around the 15-16k mark.

My current MPS 6 was advertised (at a dealer of course) for 32k no on roads.
    I chucked a very low offer of 28k on road, got it for 29k on road, new tyres, rego, stamp duty etc. If you dont ask.....

Heres one for you.
    R34 i ended up buying - Private sale, advertised for 19k, i offered 16k cash that day.. he took it. He wanted a quick sale... If i didnt ask... I would have payed up to 18 for it....

Current: 2002 Nissan S15 200SX SPEC R
    Previously: 2006 Mazda 6 MPS ,MY00 WRX CLUB SPEC EVO IV Hatch ,97' Nissan S14A 200sx, Nissan R34 GT-T, Nissan S12 Silvia

Quote Originally Posted by blackbetty View Post
    Wow going from an MPS6 to an MPS3 ... how come ?
    yea some ppl could find it strange that i could go to a mps3 my WIFE being one of them ..

just today she said to keep my car for a while longer and upgrade properly in 2 or so years..

There is a mps3 SP cosmic blue on carsales wtih 25,000kms that i could get for 27k.. only prob being it has a crack on the front bar..

i have owned 12 cars so i dont tend to get attached to them and mine being on 82k if i could doing a swap/trade and not put $$ on top and get something with lower kms i would consider it..

i wouldnt get a mps3 in any other colour than cosmic so yea it hinges on that aswell..

maybe i should keep my for 2 more years and then sell and buy a gen 2 mps3

---------- Post added at 02:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:10 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by pockets View Post
    they realised the 3 is better
    hhhm not getting into that argument

IF the mps3 had sunroof and AWD i would already be driving one!

---------- Post added at 02:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by nissanman View Post
    I always ask. You never know someones situation.

I advertised my S14 for 18k, ended up taking 16 for it. Same with my WRX, adversied for 17k, had offers around the 15-16k mark.

My current MPS 6 was advertised (at a dealer of course) for 32k no on roads.
    I chucked a very low offer of 28k on road, got it for 29k on road, new tyres, rego, stamp duty etc. If you dont ask.....

Heres one for you.
    R34 i ended up buying - Private sale, advertised for 19k, i offered 16k cash that day.. he took it. He wanted a quick sale... If i didnt ask... I would have payed up to 18 for it....
    i can understand what you are saying with people that have a 'firm' on the price personally i dont call those type of sellers or waste my time checking the car out.. right or wrong who knows lol

of course it is a free country and ppl can ask what they want..

same with my a year ago guy in qld had 30k on it i told him absolute best i was willing to pay was $28250 and he took it..

12. Default

I have a Mazda 6 MPS for sale now, look at the buy and sell section.
    Back in the days, i have had a VY II S Commodore for sale,asking for $18000 (few years back) Some dude offered me $12000. i told him to get a barina, i think i pissed him off..