User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any mods at Autobarn?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Nasa View Post
    DONT DO IT THEY F&*KED MY CAR!!
    ***WARNING GET A SPECILIST TO INSTALL ANY MOD***
    brisbane locals will see that i always have probs with my car on excursions!!
    yes totally agree on that one. on many an excursion i have seen the results. hehe
    HKS cat back, CES SRI, DENSO Iridium cold plugs,MZR Shifter Base Bushings... more to come! got the mod bug!!!

2. Default

I've heard nothing but good things about the EBoost2 controller.

In fact that is one of the next things on my list to do along with a better TMIC (if I keep the car).

I know 2XS doesn't agree but for what ever reason my car via the Xede doesn't hold boost properly at low rpm so a good boost controller is needed.

Thanks Crusher_13 for an answer.... I also want to put on an exhaust system but worried it will cause my turbo to smoke oil (I heard lots of bad things)

I'm only used to older turbo cars (like my old 626Turbo) with that I had an incabin controller and turned it up, is the MPS much the same as install a controller (electric) and turn up the boost too?

The car controls boost via the factory elec. boost controller and ECU, there are ways around this if you really want to go that way. I've been informed that the EBoost2 works.

Maybe try to get a boost-cut defender and fuel cut defender before you try boosting it. 18psi should be the max you want to do with the std turbo.

The setup of the internal wastegate on the K04 turbo is part of the reason it has issues with boost control (it opens in the opposite direction to the turbo flow)

If you get/have a DashHawk you will see what the car does in relation to boost, throttle control, timing and fuel. Monitor this before you just go modding it. Just upping the boost will work, but, it's best left to the experts in this car. Even some tuners have helped these cars go BOOM!
    Achievements
    2009 Jamboree Street Compact Winner
    Aust. Quickest and Fastest MPS
    12.3 seconds @ 111Mph.
    Proven over the Qtr mile

Another Mazda 3 MPS - Almost fully bolted - Waiting for a turbo upgrade - The weekend hack.
    Toyota Yaris - Coilovers, rollcage, raceseats, harnesses, 18s - Also waiting for a turbo upgrade.
    2011 AWD Territory - White and Slightly lowered on 22s - The tow car.
    2011 RWD Territory - Black on black and slammed on 22s - The family transporter.

Quote Originally Posted by TheJunglist View Post
    yes totally agree on that one. on many an excursion i have seen the results. hehe
    over it!!

That's why I only let the boys at Allstar Tuning do any mods or work on my car in between the normal service with Mazda and Grand Prix and Allstar Tuning have an understanding between them with warranty because of their affilation with their race car. Within reason to of course..

7. Default

My fd get them to install a hid,( low beam only) including labour, $450..

Cheers for all your info guys...
    As im the store manager I know what my installers can do and cant do, I wound not get them to do power mods. I just thought I could save a few bob buying the parts at work but still getting the pro's to fit and tune them

Hope to meet a few of you when you visit Adelaide next year!

Quote Originally Posted by MZSPD6 View Post
    Cheers for all your info guys...
    As im the store manager I know what my installers can do and cant do, I wound not get them to do power mods. I just thought I could save a few bob buying the parts at work but still getting the pro's to fit and tune them

Hope to meet a few of you when you visit Adelaide next year!
    Gday,

Looks like my employer has landed the 'Retail Training' for the Autobarn stores.
    Seeing as though im one of the retail CIII trainers i opted to take on the Autobarn stores

Might see around mate.
    My first set of students are at the Gilles Plains store i think.

If you don't know about this training and government incentives for it give me a buzz on 0433070733 and i can see if your store will receive the grant from the government.

Cheers,
    Jarreth

Current: 2002 Nissan S15 200SX SPEC R
    Previously: 2006 Mazda 6 MPS ,MY00 WRX CLUB SPEC EVO IV Hatch ,97' Nissan S14A 200sx, Nissan R34 GT-T, Nissan S12 Silvia

Hey Jarreth,

The only training I know of at Autobarn is BART so far....

I already have cert4 in FLBM and have already applied for the grant to do a Diploma in FLBM. My mum is the Management trainer for Australian Education | Learning and training South Australia | Leadership development South Australia, Victoria, NSW (New South Wales), Queensland | Human Resource Management | Facilitation services | Customer service training | Leadership Learning D and she got me on to the grant, still waiting to hear back.... x fingers

I did my Cert4 through Aarow Training Services while I was with Cash Converters a year or so ago....

Anyway if your around the Noarlunga area drop by, looking forward to helping in the OZMPSC Meet in Adelaide next year with you

Mark

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12