User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Trade MPS for S2000

love the paint job, well at least the bonnet

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by TallDan View Post
    This is in your price range too, will get attention driving it, just not sure it's the kind you want...

Some Crazy Honda

LCD's on the wheels! Just what every car owner needs
    ? stereo is worth more than the car

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by pockets View Post
    yeah true, good luck with it, let us know what you decide to do
    Thanks mate... I have an appointment on sat with a dealer to go test drive an S2K 2001 model with approx 80K on the clock. Will let u guys know how the test drive goes when I get back. If the car doesnt live up to expectations, I'll be sticking with the MPS. I cant find anything else out there other than the S2K that really intrests me more than the MPS for under 35 grand !

Quote Originally Posted by TallDan View Post
    This is in your price range too, will get attention driving it, just not sure it's the kind you want...

Some Crazy Honda

LCD's on the wheels! Just what every car owner needs

LCD in the wheels NOW i have seen it all
    2005 Mazda MPS6 Radiant Ebony Luxury-Pack

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wardski View Post
    ? stereo is worth more than the car
    Hey my old Corolla was like that $5k stereo in a $2k car
    Not Gone...just "busy"
    Quote Originally Posted by Street Road Laino
    It's not blue screen of death Kent, it's Auora Blue screen of death

Quote Originally Posted by tricache View Post
    Hey my old Corolla was like that $5k stereo in a $2k car
    funny when i see ppl who have 1k vn commodore and 3k 19 inch hsv wheels

i think thats so funny, ricer

I’ve always had a soft spot for the S2000. I think they are a great with an engine that doesn’t get as much credit as it deserves. Hondas make very very good engines. They are also very well made cars. That is why they hold their value.

People always laugh at VTEC..... but guess what??? Variable valve timing...... most engines have it these days. Even your MZRs have it!!!!!! Same concept with a different name!!!!

Good luck with your decision.

9. Default

I was just driving home from work last night, and out of no where I happned to see a done up black MPS on londsdale st in melbourne CBD with nice rims, lowered and 3 cars across, a silver S2000 looked like a 1999 model. I gotta say ppl putting them next to each other really shows the age difference. Even though the MPS isnt as flash it definetely looks more modern than the S2K...and those gen 1 MPS's done up look totally different to stock. They stand out much more. Such a hard choiceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee lol

mazda all the way

Quote Originally Posted by Birdhouse View Post
    I’ve always had a soft spot for the S2000. I think they are a great with an engine that doesn’t get as much credit as it deserves. Hondas make very very good engines. They are also very well made cars. That is why they hold their value.

People always laugh at VTEC..... but guess what??? Variable valve timing...... most engines have it these days. Even your MZRs have it!!!!!! Same concept with a different name!!!!

Good luck with your decision.
    why would people laught at vtec?

i loved my dc5r type r one of the best cars i have owned if it didnt have 120,000 kms i never would have sold it !

people that have vtec love it

13. Default

Well guys the my 2008 cosmic blue MPS has been sold ! I handed it over today to its new owner. Its been great fun being a part of these forums and I got much needed help from everyone whenever I asked so thank you all. I didnt have the MPS that long really but after some hard time thinking I finally realised I love my hondas and always will no matter what. The turbo was great fun but what I get my kicks out of is a racey engine that will rev its head off like the DC2 or the S2K even though it may not be as fast as the MPS was. so thats what I'm gonna be jumping to next. I will keep u guys posted when I do get my new ride. Incase anyone is interested my car sold for 29500. It was a cosmic blue 2008 with almost 40K on the clock. Nnot sure if thats good or bad but it was a very quick easy sale !

Anyways thanks all again

Congrats on getting a good price there pilotb777 good hunting with the Honda's post some pics when you get it and drop by from time to time.

btw does pilotb777 = you're a Boeing 777 pilot??

15. Default

Quote Originally Posted by shakespeare View Post
    Congrats on getting a good price there pilotb777 good hunting with the Honda's post some pics when you get it and drop by from time to time.

btw does pilotb777 = you're a Boeing 777 pilot??

hehe good question !m not a B777 pilot... Im B777 pilot wanna be haha I'm actuallly a Aero design engineer. Worked a lot on B777 tail assemly and I do have a commercial pilots license just never followed it all the way to the major airlines.

As for the honda I will definetely keep you guys updated. I'm currently on the hunt for a decent S2k or if I get desperate then a DC2 as a good example S2K is VERY hard to find and I'd like to have something bought b4 summer if at all possible. I'd be happy with anything that revs to 9K

16. Default

congrats look forward to seeing your honda

hope you referred the new buyer to here

im with kagerou i'd pick an s15 over the s2k

my friend has a nice s2k and ive driven it a few times.. handles superb and yes u get the cool factor of being a convertible... tho it really needs more balls.. vtec is good for noise, but i really love the shove in the seat gforce of forced induction... yes u dont get much room in the s2k being a 2seater.. and for me, i hate the digital dash.. would much prefer an analog tachometer but thats just me

good luck with ur decision

18. Default

Quote Originally Posted by marbs View Post
    im with kagerou i'd pick an s15 over the s2k

my friend has a nice s2k and ive driven it a few times.. handles superb and yes u get the cool factor of being a convertible... tho it really needs more balls.. vtec is good for noise, but i really love the shove in the seat gforce of forced induction... yes u dont get much room in the s2k being a 2seater.. and for me, i hate the digital dash.. would much prefer an analog tachometer but thats just me

good luck with ur decision
    yeah I know what everyone is saying specially about the S15... but my experience with the MPS tought me some valuable lessons. When I sold my honda accord all I would look at when shopping for a car was its HP output and 0-100 times. I never considered anything else really. Sure the MPS was fun and is a great car but I eventually got sick of the speed belive it or not and you just get used to it and want more and the more you want the more you spend. It ends up being a downward cycle to eventual license loss. I found myself never driving at any speed limit and with the way things are in melbourne currently with cops and cameras everywhere I would have lost my license sooner or later. The thing with honda;s are they are a great overall car. They are HEAPS of fun to drive around sound great and handel nicely specially the DC2's and S2k. I think I will have greater satisfaction for a longer period of time from that than I would with an all out speed machine. Some ppl are different and want a car that will run 12 secs down the quarter with crazy boost levels... which is fine and the MPS was great for that (although a little off 12 secs quarter hehe ) but it just wasnt for me. I've also always wanted a convetable ONCE in my life lol and this seems like the right time to do it.

fair enough, well dont forget you can speed in any car and still lose your licence, whether it be a little daihatsu or a high powered turbo car.. i guess the temptation to speed is more if you had a high powered car...

but looks like you've thought about it and convinced yourself already.. but like everyone else has said, everyone is different and want different things.. else the world would be a boring place if everyone wants the same thing

good luck in your search for the s2k/dc2!

Both are nice good luck with that.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234