User Tag List

Thread: How to Improve the handling in my MPS6

1. Default How to Improve the handling in my MPS6

Not sure if this is the right place to post this but anyway here goes.

I want to do something to improve the handling of my MPS6. At the moment it is completely stock except for changing my rims to 18x8 with 225/40/18 tyres on it. I have very small or no chance of lowering my car as Ive got the driveway from hell with maybe about 3 cms of clearance under my front spoiler already, which already has scrapes on it from going down driveway too fast, I can measure the exactly amount though.

My boyfriend has a lowered MX5 with sways and aftermarket strut brace on it and my god it just sticks to the road, the handling on it is phenomonal, I actually love driving it nearly as much as my car.

I have no idea what you guys out there have done in terms of improving the handling, I know whiteline do a rear sway bar for the MPS6, has anyone put this on, was there are noticeable improvement.

So guys Im open to suggestion and advice to improve the handling of my stock MPS6.

i know dreamer has a whiteline swaybar fitted to his 6mps. might be worth a PM

Coil-overs (big difference but they are not cheap).

or even a front strut brace (very msall difference but they are relatively cheap and look bling)

I have mine lowered, Koni Yellow adjustable shocks and Whiteline adjustable rear sway bar.
    I am very happy with the way mine handles, very different from stock setup.

The setup is very firm but that is how I like it.

The swaybar did firm up the rear, but it is a big job to fit. The entire rear driveline and suspension has to be dropped to get it in.

The bigest improvement came from the shocks, I would sugest looking to change them first before changing the swaybar.

I have the front strut brace (corksport) made a world of a difference, feels more go-kart like. great mod for $237, real easy to fit, just 6 bolts and torque wrench - your local mech/tyreshop will tighten them up for you.

Higly recommend this mod

That's the difficult thing with mods. What one user thinks makes a big difference, another user might think it only makes a small difference. I'm hearing/reading different things re: strut bracers, which is holding me back from making the purchase.

7. Default

Thanks guys for all the feedback, I will read through it and hopefully make a move to get at least something done, might be my xmas present to myself to celebrate my 18 month anniversary with my black beast