User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 6MPS- Clutch slipping! Warranty? 61,000kms

Quote Originally Posted by Ducon View Post
    Actually the car is still under warranty (new car), its just that Mazda Australia dont cover clutches. I thought that a bit rich, considering that a) it is under warranty, and b) 30k kms before the clutch disappears. In their defence the Mazda dealer sympathised with me, but kept reiterating its out of their hands, as its up to Mazda Australia to decide. They gave me two options (why is everything in twos). They replace the clutch at my expense. They take the clutch out and do a review of it to determine if it is anything other than wear, in which case if it is wear, I pay myself to remove the clutch and do the inspection. If it isnt wear, then Mazda Australia "should" pick up the bill, but they may not. Doesnt seem like have many choices left.

I guess the toss up now is either wait til it fails and replace with factory. Or replace with aftermarket and save myself the pain in the long run.

Thanks for your feedback.
    no probs.. i would be really pissed if i was you as 30k is hardly anything and a clutch should last much longer than that !

my now has 88k and the stock oem clutch is fine..! have gotten used to the jumpy tak off..

i went as far as taking it to consumer affairs and they requested i write a letter to the service manager.. i never recieved a response from him and when i pressed Consumer affairs on the issue they said mazda was not oblidged to do anything..

good luck with what ever you do !
    2005 Mazda MPS6 Radiant Ebony Luxury-Pack

Its hard when its a part which is considered wear and tear and unfortunately Mazda have stated that they don't cover wear and tear parts which really if they wanted to be mean can count for almost everything. Probably the best would be to ask how much out of pocket you would be if the mazda dealer were to replace the clutch for u and compare with an aftermarket one.

Thanks for the feedback guys....

kovmps6: "i went as far as taking it to consumer affairs and they requested i write a letter to the service manager.. i never recieved a response from him and when i pressed Consumer affairs on the issue they said mazda was not oblidged to do anything.."

Yep, pretty much got the same thing. Rang a few other places (RACQ, DOFT) to get feedback on options and it was the same story. Stiff sh1t. But you are right, was very p1ssed that Mazda couldnt even acknowledge in good faith that a clutch failing after 30k was not "normal" wear and tear, and they should replace it. I mean, come on, 30,000 kms!?!? My old Silvia with more power and torque did 70,000 before I sold the car, and the clutch was fine then.

mech81: "Probably the best would be to ask how much out of pocket you would be if the mazda dealer were to replace the clutch for u and compare with an aftermarket one."

Took the words right out of my mouth. Time to start looking for decent aftermarket one.

In my experience, not too many car manufacturers will warranty the clutch , unless it is an obvious fault. Let's face it, MPS owners are going to give their cars a good work out....much more than a 'normal' sedan.

What is considered fair wear and tear (in the opinion of the dealer) will never be warranted.

Mazda replaced my clutch and flywheel at 15,000kms under that business of the very racy clutch as fitted to the early MPS 6. I paid nothing for that. However, that was an acknowledged 'fault' which is a different matter.

Hi Guys.

I actually just found out today, my Mazda 3 MPS I have had for 14 months and done 32,000 k in has a clutch at the end of the road. I have done a lot of freeway driving in the short time i have owned the car and same story. We will pull it apart and if Mazda Australia deem it to be due to idiotic and retarted driving then I will cop the cost of the inspection then the repair..

Quite shattered, was enjoying the mps experience but from the get go Mazda have been amateur to deal with.

I will take it pretty far but what would be some advice to convey my message that I am not a boy racer and the clutch should certainly not be at its end already?

Is it common, or are the clutches just plain shite..

My last car was a Civic type R, not very powerful but I belted that car more than my Mazda and the clutch was brand new when i moved it on at 52k..

I will park my car outside the dealership for a month in protest with some fairly bad pr..... Dealerships are sheisters and warranties don't mean shit..

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123