User Tag List

Thread: Free Tyres!

Default Free Tyres!

I'm currently running a set of Pirelli P Zero Rosso (Standard Size 215/45 R18), and have about 1mm (or there abouts) left above the legal wear indicator. These tyres have done 53,000km, have even wear, no puncture repair and I do a wheel alignment every 10,000km.

As my car is on a fully budgeted lease, my tyres are included as part of the running cost, so I can spoil myself to a set of new tyres every 40,000km. And that time is now...

What I am offering is that if anyone would like to have my old tyres, (free of charge!) to practice your hard launches, drawing number 11's or whatever you like to do on your private road / test track, let me know and we can organise the logistics. You will be getting the tyres as is, and you have to organise and pay for mounting it to your own wheels.

I plan on going to my tyre guy (Bob Jane @ Mermaid Beach, Gold Coast) tomorrow to shop for a new set of tyres, and will probably do the actual replacement next Friday (16 Oct).

If anyone is interested, please let me know.

Cheers,
    Spud

Gimme gimme gimme!!
    My tires are dead!!

---------- Post added at 05:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:25 PM ----------

With that tread amout left what sorta ks you think is realistic until

---------- Post added at 05:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:27 PM ----------

They die

Sorry Nasa, MPSI got in before you...

The tyres are still in very good shape, only reason why I'm getting rid of them is they are starting to get a little noisy on the concrete M1. Apart from that, they are fine.

I reckon they will last at least another 10,000km to 15,000km on the hwy.

Cheers,
    Spud

Quote Originally Posted by Spud View Post
    I'm currently running a set of Pirelli P Zero Rosso (Standard Size 215/45 R18), and have about 1mm (or there abouts) left above the legal wear indicator. These tyres have done 53,000km, have even wear, no puncture repair and I do a wheel alignment every 10,000km.

As my car is on a fully budgeted lease, my tyres are included as part of the running cost, so I can spoil myself to a set of new tyres every 40,000km. And that time is now...

What I am offering is that if anyone would like to have my old tyres, (free of charge!) to practice your hard launches, drawing number 11's or whatever you like to do on your private road / test track, let me know and we can organise the logistics. You will be getting the tyres as is, and you have to organise and pay for mounting it to your own wheels.

I plan on going to my tyre guy (Bob Jane @ Mermaid Beach, Gold Coast) tomorrow to shop for a new set of tyres, and will probably do the actual replacement next Friday (16 Oct).

If anyone is interested, please let me know.

Cheers,
    Spud
    May I suggest that you give Bob Jane a miss and go to a tyre outlet that backs their products and give good service. 17,000 kilometres on 3 tyres worn on top of wall through to the belting - not tread, tyre 4 had NO sign of wear at all (strange hey!!!). Many promised return calls and investigation by Bob Jane head office - I got no response at all. In the end Dept Fair Trading spoke to Bob Jane and said "that because I hadn't had the tyres rotated and alignment checked within the 18 months it was my fault". Stupid bit is that another Bob Jane outlet checked the wheel alignment and there was absoluting nothing at fault. So please beware!!!!

tyres for the old nugget rims.. .... mmmmmmmm hehe

Thanks for info rd415. Which Bob Jane did you go to?

I have been going to this particular Bob Jane for over 15 years, and I know the team there quite well. I have received nothing but great service each time I go there.

I went to the same Bob Jane for all my wheels & tyres for over a 10 years and had no problems. It wasn't until I had this tyre problem that I found even the head office of Bob Jane wasn't any help. Although the lady at Melbournes head office was always pleasant and easy to talk to, I never got a response even though on many many occassions I was promised a return call by both head office and the NSW office. Sad to say, but I won't deal with them any more and will give them as much adverse publicity as I can without overstepping the mark.
    A reasonable response and explanation as to why 3 of 4 tyres wore so badly without the manager hanging up on me and possibly a pro-rata replacement on the tyres would have been acceptable - but no response from anybody just isn't right. I wasn't after too much I don't think!!!!

I won't say which branch as that could cause me a problem with a slander charge, but I was promised an answer from the Melbourne Head Office on many occassions so I can't blame just the branch for all the hassles.

spewin ;(

would it happen to be the two front tyres and the rear left tyre that were badly worn on the inside shoulders?

i wish these would fit, I need some burnout tyres lol