User Tag List

Thread: OH NO!!! Bird Poop!!

Default OH NO!!! Bird Poop!!

It had to happen...

Black Car + Birds = Sleepless Night! (not really, but)

I have cleaned it off, but its left a big ring/smudge where the poop was.
    It was only on for a few hrs..

Advice?
    Do I need a paint treatment to protect?
    The car was super smooth and shiny when i got it last week... but I wonder how strong the wax (if any) the dealer put on...

cheers

I've been MPS'd

Accessport-Stage 2 OTS Tune, Autotech Internals, CS CBE, CS SRI/TIP, CS DP with high flow cat, Forge BPV, CS Rear Swaybar, CS Rear Motor Mount Insert, JBarone Short Throw Shifter Plate, JBarone Solid Shifter Bushings, G2 Red Calipers, Blue LED Interior Lights, 35% tints, Black Powdercoated Rims, Bridgestone RE002's, H&R Springs, SPC Rear Camber Arms.

Well .....The dealer probably did more damage than good and used some crap/cheap wax...

The ring you now see(if you already cleaned it really well) is acid etching in your clear coat....this can be fixed by a paint correction done by a GOOD detailer!

NOw what you need to do is wash(with microfibers and 2 buckets), clay and rewax/seal your car. This will protect it from further misshaps and general wear and tear.

All your need car be sourced form Car Detailing Products | Welcome to ZAS Detailing Products Store. Meguiars Car Care, Car Wax & More | Welcome And he's a forum sponser win! P'm him first for a members discount.

Also check out Car Detailing Products | Welcome to ZAS Detailing Products Store. Meguiars Car Care, Car Wax & More | Detailing Library for a more indepth reading of what i said above

Good luck and try not to get addicted
    マツダスピード

I hope you waterblasted the surface and didnt just scrub it..

Thanks for the advice Lynchy!

I've gone out and stocked up Microfibre on my lunch break.

I don't have a waterblaster, so I just dabbed with warm water till the crap came off

And I have now decided... the car stays in the Garage from now on!! lol

chur

For such a small section you might be able to get away with spot polishing it by hand, but what Lynchy said is correct.

I doubt very much there was any protection on your car from the dealership unless you paid for it. Best to fix this up and then apply something yourself.

Just remember that a wax or sealant wont completely protect against bird poo. The chemical reaction caused from the heat will still eat through it. The difference is it will give you days instead of hours before your paint is damaged.

I had a go at polishing the stain away. I used some Meguiars Gold Class Clear Coat Liquid Wax to have a go at the stain. Everything around it looks really shiny now... but the stain is still there. Is this an OK polish? Its about 3/4 full from my last car..
    I don't have a machine for polishing - is this essential?

A paint correction was mentioned by Lynchy. Whats the name of this type of product.. or do I need a professional to get it out.
    I can't seem to get the stain to get even the sllightest bit better..

hmmm

I've been MPS'd

Accessport-Stage 2 OTS Tune, Autotech Internals, CS CBE, CS SRI/TIP, CS DP with high flow cat, Forge BPV, CS Rear Swaybar, CS Rear Motor Mount Insert, JBarone Short Throw Shifter Plate, JBarone Solid Shifter Bushings, G2 Red Calipers, Blue LED Interior Lights, 35% tints, Black Powdercoated Rims, Bridgestone RE002's, H&R Springs, SPC Rear Camber Arms.

Megs isnt exactly known as a good brand

Joes (Zas) might be able to recommend a hand polish strong enought to remove it!

A paint correction requires the use of a RO (random Orbital) Polisher, pads and good polishes. you can buy and do yourself but its $$$$ and takes some practise.

Best bet would to be to find a good detailer in your area and get your car done it will be 100% (if there good) and then use a sealent to seal it which shpuld protect if for 6 -12 months depending on seal. Maintin it by regular washes(2buckets) and wax and your beast will be looking awesome and protected
    マツダスピード

you could always get Meguiars Scratch X and use a Applicator or Microfibre

but then you need to Wax after wards

Wax alone wont get rid of the stain...

Got some Scratch X 2.0 and it took the mark out!! Awesome!
    Then a full polish and its **gleaming**

Thanks for the advice guys!

I was going to recommend the Scratch X for hand polishing.

The reason why you didn't get any results from the Gold Class product is because it's a wax. Not a polish.

Use it to protect your paint. You will probably need to reapply it every 4-6 weeks.

Sorry Joel, are you saying that the Gold Class needs to go on every 4-6 weeks?

Whats the Mequiars product or product that you stock that is a polish and how long between aplications with that?

Thanks mate
    Last edited by PerthMPS; 11-10-2009 at 09:51 PM.

Thanks Zas.
    I guess i was getting mixed up with the terminology between waxing and polishing.
    Polish = damage removal
    Wax = paint protection.
    correct?

After removing the scratch with the Scratch X, I hand 'waxed' the entire car, panel by panel with the Gold Class product.

You mentioned it needs redoing every 4-6 weeks.
    it...takes...so...long...to...do.... (and my arms are sore this morning.. lol)

What about the NXT generation wax Meguiar's Direct NXT Generation® Tech Wax® 2.0
    sounds easy to use, which is really what I'm after.

Is there anything that last longer?

cheers for the advice...

I've been MPS'd

Hey Jase,

If you're after a good wax/sealant, I highly recommend Prima - Available through ZAS.

I found it easy to apply, and the results are brilliant.

I am very happy with my end results, more Prima Stuff here.

Quote Originally Posted by PerthMPS View Post
    Sorry Joel, are you saying that the Gold Class needs to go on every 4-6 weeks?

Whats the Mequiars product or product that you stock that is a polish and how long between aplications with that?

Thanks mate
    Depending on driving conditions, whether your car lives inside or outside applying just Gold Class on its own you will find it needs to be reapplied every couple of months at the most. This is normal with most carnauba waxes.

There are other options though. Synthetic products tend to last longer. Someone mentioned Tech Wax 2.0. This is a synthetic product and should last longer than the Gold Class.

Another thing to do is "top up" your protection with a spray on product. This is usually used in combination with a synthetic product.

Like Dan mentioned he is using Prima. He has the Epic sealant (synthetic wax) as a base, and periodically gives it a boost with Prima Hydro. He is still applying something every month or so, but the Hydro spray is much easier to use than a paste or liquid. Takes about 10 minutes of your time after a regular wash and dry. Applying the Epic just on its own you'll still get 4 months + protection. But by applying the Hydro periodically he is maintaining the Epic with a "sacrificial" layer of Hydro.

Meguiar's also have a good spray product called Ultimate Quik Wax. If you wanted to go with a Meguiar's combo I would recommend their Tech Wax 2.0 in combination with the Ultimate Quik Wax. Apply the Tech Wax, and once a month spray on some Ultimate Quik Wax.
    Last edited by ZAS; 12-10-2009 at 07:53 PM.

Thankyou so much for the info Joel.