User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UPDATED: Toyota FT-86 Concept

Blog Entries

Default UPDATED: Toyota FT-86 Concept

OFFERING THE BEST look yet at Toyota’s plans for its upcoming entry-level rear-wheel-drive sportscar, the Japanese carmaker has revealed the FT-86 concept ahead of its Tokyo Motor Show debut.

Borrowing styling cues from both the FT-HS concept and the upcoming Lexus LF-A, the FT-86 is likely powered by the same Subaru-sourced 2.0 litre four-cylinder boxer engine expected to power the upcoming ‘O86A’.

Toyota has released very little information for the FT-86, but a brief press release issued today points to a lightweight body and a low centre of gravity as specific focus points for the concept’s development.

The FT-86 measures 4160mm long, 1760mm wide and 1260mm tall, riding on a 2570mm wheelbase.

Whether the FT-86 is a near-production look at the upcoming entry-level sportscar or yet another Toyota concept destined for the company’s museum remains to be seen.

One stand-out line from the release - “The FT-86 (”86″ pronounced “hachi roku”), a compact rear-wheel-drive sports car, provides driving joy and excitement” - points to new Toyota President Akio Toyoda’s eagerness to revive Toyota’s sporting history.

More information will be revealed at the Tokyo Motor Show this month, which runs from October 24 to November 4, with the car likely to be unveiled at the event’s October 21 press day.

The production version of the Lexus LF-A is expected to join the FT-86 at Tokyo.

More pics at TMR.

[Source: TMR]
    2014 Mk7 Golf R | DSG | Reflex Silver | Leather | Drive Assist | Bi-Xenon Headlights
    1981 Lincoln Town Car | Auto | 80s Cream | 90s brown interior | 5.0L V8 | Currently no working headlights

Blog Entries

I'll take one in black

I like it .....love the interior

ooooh! Very Nice

Celica reborn????

Blog Entries

If it's got the Suby Turbo engine, it'll be good

Blog Entries

So this is the "new" AE86 hey?

Hmmmm looks more like Supra but I don't mind it

Blog Entries

UPDATED:

Toyota FT-86 Concept Featured In Gran Turismo 5, Engine Revealed

THE TOYOTA FT-86 concept’s video game doppelganger has been revealed today, sliding around a track alongside the fan-favourite AE86 Corolla in a new Gran Turismo 5 video.

The first motion shots of the FT-86 (albeit in a virtual realm), the new video offers a glimpse of Toyota’s stylish new concept from a number of new angles, including what lies beneath the bonnet.

Moments in, the FT-86 rolls out from the back of a Toyota truck, before the bonnet is popped to offer a brief glimpse at the Subaru-supplied C-4S flat-four boxer engine that drives the concept’s rear wheels.

Designed to inspire the same passion that Toyota fans have long held for the AE86 “Hachi Roku” Corolla, the FT-86 drives the message home by drifting around a race track alongside the venerable classic two-door.

More information will be revealed at the Tokyo Motor Show this month, which runs from October 24 to November 4, with the car likely to be unveiled at the event’s October 21 press day.

[youtube]ezrmU9YayHs[/youtube]

[Source: TMR]
    2014 Mk7 Golf R | DSG | Reflex Silver | Leather | Drive Assist | Bi-Xenon Headlights
    1981 Lincoln Town Car | Auto | 80s Cream | 90s brown interior | 5.0L V8 | Currently no working headlights

I like.

not so sure about the seats....but everything else looks nice

Looks like a Honda S2000 copulated with a BMW Z4, and this is it's offspring...

I'd have a red one....and de-badge it

Blog Entries

Could this be the sports car that was built pure for drifting??? hell yeahs!!

not too bad!! ill take it!

Hot!

That video was AWESOME!!!

Love the look of this car.

It look like the GTR's little little brother

where do i sign, that is hot

could be that i used to have a celica and that bonnet is very similar but those pics do something to me.......

16. Default

subaru 086A anyone?

Tempting!!!!!!!!!!!!!

is this likely to be the new celica in OZ?

Whats the deal with toyota using subie engines. Is this a new thing? Toyota have made some good engines in their time.

Blog Entries

Nah not a fan of the bonnet mailbox....needs a power "hickey" i reckon

nice i like it. toyota has been a bit quiet on releasing performance production cars. bring back the supra!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast