User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just did my first mod - my new Towbar is on and what boy what a difference!!

Quote Originally Posted by pommypig View Post
    Be aware, in NSW, and probably elsewhere, the new Mazda towbar is illegal if the towball is left on, according to the Officer who pulled me over and gave me a fine for $344.00 and 3 demerit points. Up until then, my licence had been clean for 15 years. I am gutted and Mazda's stance on it is that it is our responsibility to know that we need to remove it when not "towing".

I picked up my new SP25 7 weeks ago with the towball already connected.
    holy crap, that's insane... what horrible luck mate
    not sure if you can fight it or not... that's good information, but a horrible way to find out...
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Quote Originally Posted by pommypig View Post
    Be aware, in NSW, and probably elsewhere, the new Mazda towbar is illegal if the towball is left on, according to the Officer who pulled me over and gave me a fine for $344.00 and 3 demerit points. Up until then, my licence had been clean for 15 years. I am gutted and Mazda's stance on it is that it is our responsibility to know that we need to remove it when not "towing".

I picked up my new SP25 7 weeks ago with the towball already connected.
    I've been saying this since 2006. The Towball on the MPS covers the numberplate and will get you an "Obstruction of numberplate" fine from any officer that wishes it. I take my tongue and tow ball off when I am not towing.

3. Default

I got a black ball so it matches my car when towbar is on

Do they have to cut the bar on the gen2?

If you buy the OEM Mazda Towbar, then no cutting required. It's a pretty good system. You wouldn't know you have a tow bar when it's not fitted..

Awesome! Thats just what i'm after!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12