State:Qld
    Dealer:Grand Prix Mazda Aspley
    Service interval: 1000km
    Date: 27/11/2012
    Price: Free
    Service rating: 0/10
    Value: 0/10
    Overall: 0/10[/QUOTE]

Ok so booked my car in two days ago for its first 1000km service today at Grand Prix Mazda Aspley. Dropped my car in at 7.30am and they told me I could come and pick it up at 12pm today. I arrived at Grand Prix at 1.30pm 6 hrs after dropping my car off. I was greeted by one of the 6 service staff walking around in the office only after standing at the counter unattended for roughly 5mins, then to have a guy fluff around for a further 6mins trying to find my car. Now comes the best part he precedes to tell me that something must have happened with there fancy tablet check in system because for some reason my car wasn't actually booked in and no one did anything at all to what I assume to be the only MY13 MPS sitting on there garage floor for 6 hours. I proceeded to tell him in not so many words of course that it was unacceptable to which he responded when can we book you in again?

I nearly punched him square in the face but refrained and asked to speak to the service manager who looked like he was 26yo and he started to waffle on about how good there booking system is and this never happens blah blah blah. First I want to say whatever you do Brisbane people DO NOT TAKE YOUR car to Grand Prix Mazda at Aspley they are clueless and have no idea what customer service is at all. I can only hope this is not indicative of Mazda dealers in general because I must say I most certainly was not treated like this at Subaru. End rant.

State: VIC
    Dealer: Garry Warren Smith Mazda (GWS)
    Service interval: 70 000 km
    Date: 3/04/2013
    Price: $250
    Service rating: 9/10
    Value: 9/10
    Overall: 9/10

This has been one of my best customer service so far from a dealer. Forgive the long post but i think it is deserved for the customer service I received. Price for service was for all minus the oil which I brought my own

Had some issues with my MPS that needed looking at
    - Audio issues cutting in and out over bumps
    - Entire passenger side foglamp assembly needed replacement
    - Minor suspension clunk in one corner

Dropped the car off and asked for Justan (I think thats the right spelling). Very good service from this bloke - respectful and takes time to listen (other service managers reading this, - pls take note). Went through all my concerns from the start till the end.

Now to the gist

Plus Point #1
    I had been quoted over the phone for an hour's labour of $105 for replacing the foglamp (it wasnt Justan on the phone) a few days earlier. Justan saw the quote and said immediately - "if I had known that you were bringing in your car for service and replace the foglamp at the same time, I would have looked after you better and quoted you less for the replacement labour as your car is already on a hoist and just a matter of taking off the bumper".
    I asked how much so I knew for next time - "oh no more than $60 for sure" as I had sourced the part myself.
    I hadnt brought my foglamp part in that day, regardless it was a really nice gesture on his part.

Plus Point #2
    Was about to leave and Justan came up to me and asked if I wanted my car washed as another Ozmpsclub member usually declines having his car washed by them. Most service managers wouldnt have bother coming back to me after the initial consult asking what was my preference. @slixx

Plus Point #3
    Call from Justan saying that my car was ready. Justan asked if I needed the shuttle to come pick me up. (I had booked the pickup shuttle from him earlier in the morning and then found that I hadnt needed later and cancelled via someone else at the service centre). I politely thanked him for remembering and told him what I had done and I'll pick the car up later that afternoon.

- Actually took time to note what each customer needed/requested

PLus Point #4

On to pick up my car:
    Went through with me about my concerns earlier this am

- Mentioned the audio unit had a loose connector and it was tightened. He then took the car from the technician and drove it himself to make sure the problem wasnt there at the end. Mentioned to me that was the likely culprit of the problem but said it may not be and asked me to monitor it - it hasnt done it to me since the service. Mentioned he made sure no labour was charged for this as it wasnt too difficult to do

- Tightened all the suspension parts and lubricated. - admitted that he couldnt hear the clunk when he did the initial drive but had the tech have a look through and asked me to monitor. Felt he was honest in his assessments and what he thought without making the customer think the customer must be hearing things.

Overall a great experience. I've been to GWS before and dealt with Justan but the last time was a standard service with no concerns hence this time, the service shone through.

Thanks for reading this long post

I'm a about to do my 80K service there
    I'll let Justan know about the post. He'll be rapt with that

Peter "SLIXX"

Im due for my 100k, I recently did most of it myself but I will still be going juts for a general checkup and to keep my log books current, GWS in mulgrave is the best ive found so far, great service.

Just replied to a survey request from Mazda Australia for my previous service and this is what I wrote:

I would like to thank service consultant Justan, at Garry Warren and Smith Mazda dealership for his wonderful and prompt service. Best service I've ever had from a Mazda dealership (other dealerships take note) - Justan listened well to my needs, said he would look specifically at my concerns with my MPS and at the end gave me a thorough explanation about what was done - he had even taken it on himself to test drive the car himself, on top of the technician test drive to make sure he knew what the problem was being described.

His overall demeanor and customer service is top notch and he is a valuable asset to whichever customer service centre he works in. He should be duly rewarded for his effort towards his role and I daresay that I would only bring my car to this dealership only when Justan is present

Great work Justan!!

Justan is really the best.

Quote Originally Posted by mech81 View Post
    Just replied to a survey request from Mazda Australia for my previous service and this is what I wrote:

I would like to thank service consultant Justan, at Garry Warren and Smith Mazda dealership for his wonderful and prompt service. Best service I've ever had from a Mazda dealership (other dealerships take note) - Justan listened well to my needs, said he would look specifically at my concerns with my MPS and at the end gave me a thorough explanation about what was done - he had even taken it on himself to test drive the car himself, on top of the technician test drive to make sure he knew what the problem was being described.

His overall demeanor and customer service is top notch and he is a valuable asset to whichever customer service centre he works in. He should be duly rewarded for his effort towards his role and I daresay that I would only bring my car to this dealership only when Justan is present

Great work Justan!!
    I was just at the Garry mazda n Dennis I just let justan about this comment.
    Member Of a Wallbangers Club

I'll be there next Tuesday for my service

Peter "SLIXX"

What was his reaction mate?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Harry View Post
    I was just at the Garry mazda n Dennis I just let justan about this comment.

What was his reaction mate?
    He smiled at me. I wanted to make him read all the posts but he was really busy so ye.

More templates and less text!

The guys here at Sunshine Coast Mazda are really good . I've gotten all my cars serviced by them and when I was buying the MPS, They told me how much service was going to cost (Yeah I know most of that info is available on the net) and the mechanic sat down with me telling me the downfalls of the car and even let me test drive the Gen 2 MPS3, which was cool as I am still a P plater
    My Baby 2005 Mazda6 MPS Dark Purple

Mods|Corksport SRI+Airbox|Corksport TIP|CP-e REM|JBR EngineMounts 80A|20% Tint|Autometer Cobalt Series Gauges (Boost & Water Temp & Oil Pressure)

Ordered|Corksport TMIC|Cobb AP|

@Zebbstar - are you still on your P-plates (P1 or P2)? If you cant drive the MPS3 then the MPS6 is part of restricted vehicles that P-platers cant drive too in QLD.

@Zebbstar - are you still on your P-plates (P1 or P2)? If you cant drive the MPS3 then the MPS6 is part of restricted vehicles that P-platers cant drive too in QLD.
    I'm on my green P's and I have an exemption which allows me to drive the MPS while I'm on my P's. Legally I can drive the MPS6 but not the 3. Theres a loophole where if the car outputs less than 125kw/per tonne you can drive it. But It requires a little bit of paper work, Well worth it as I'm one of few P platers with a turbo :P. My car has to remain stockstandard until July which is when I'm on my opens

Mods|Corksport SRI+Airbox|Corksport TIP|CP-e REM|JBR EngineMounts 80A|20% Tint|Autometer Cobalt Series Gauges (Boost & Water Temp & Oil Pressure)

Quote Originally Posted by Zebbstar View Post
    I'm on my green P's and I have an exemption which allows me to drive the MPS while I'm on my P's. Legally I can drive the MPS6 but not the 3. Theres a loophole where if the car outputs less than 125kw/per tonne you can drive it. But It requires a little bit of paper work, Well worth it as I'm one of few P platers with a turbo :P. My car has to remain stockstandard until July which is when I'm on my opens
    Good to know that loophole.

Good to know that loophole.
    Few people know about it, Even the people at my local TMR didn't know about it.

State: SA
    Dealer: Paradise Motors Mazda
    Service Interval: 60,000km performed at 54,000km.
    Price: $284 (was cheaper than quoted because they didn't do the air filter, because of my SRI.)
    Service Rating: 7/10
    Overall: 7/10

I went to a new dealer, because the one I bought my car from is 45 mins from home. This one is 5 mins away.
    Overall it was a pleasant experience, but a few things I felt let them down. Their website says they do dropoff/pickup up to 8km, the CBD of Adelaide is smack bang on 8km, but they refused to drop me off at work. Instead offering to take me to the local bus interchange.
    I went to pick my car up at 4.20, but the car wasn't ready. It was still being washed, so I had to wait 20 mins before I could pickup and leave.

They were easily the cheapest quote I received and most willing to help when I was booking in, which is why I went to them. The service staff were pleasant and answered all my questions.
    Will use again.

State: WA, Perth.
    Dealer: AHG Duncan Nissan
    Service interval: 111k (performed at 108k)
    Date: 19/04/2013
    Price: $404.15
    Service rating: 4/10
    Value: 3/10
    Overall: 3/10

Standard service, with added gearbox oil (additional $78.75). Will be finding a different AHG Service Centre next time, they charge a premium here and lie about the work they perform. Told me at the beginning that the service included a complementary "Safe T Stop Inspection", and rotate/balance of the tyres.

Upon receiving the invoice, and closer inspection - i see i was charged $34.10 for the "safety inspection", and $40.91 for the balance and rotate. My tyres are directional, and they weren't matched prior - so i know the position that each tyre was in. They did not rotate or swap at all, but i was still charged after being told it's included in the initial price.

Was told they checked all fluid levels, i knew the wiper fluid was empty prior as the dash light was on - guess what, still empty afterwards.
    After all that, my drivers side window wasn't working after their service and i had to go back to complain.

Will be avoiding the AHG Duncan Nissan service department here in Perth for future reference.

BK MPS3 Sports - Work Meister S1R
    CP-e Catalogue. JDM Goodies.

Default Dealer Review Thread

Dealer: Garry & Warren Smith Mazda Mulgrave
    Service Interval: 80,000km
    Service Rating: 10/10
    Overall: 10/10

Ok so many points that apply to so many threads but is thought I'd start here

Justan and the staff @ GWS Mazda are awesome. Attention to details and they all make sure they listen to everything you say

New Pirelli PZero Rosso tyre fitted and removed a pair of slicks from my old 18" rims for me. Balanced, aligned and straight as a die

Clunk in the front was fixed with greasing the front struts. Some

Rattle in the back tail gate, fixed. Found a loose boot replaced, loctite and done again

Pollen filter changed. Filthy !!

Transmission fluid replaced. As recommended and stated previously we had a long chat and the put in Penrite Progear 75w85 and OMG. I've never really had any issues, but the gear changes are like butter!! Wonderful

I bought my own oil Nulon 10w40 and they were happy to use it. No qualms and no resistance

I trust no one else to service my car. Price doesn't matter to me when you have service like that!

Peter "SLIXX"
    Last edited by slixx; 24-04-2013 at 06:16 PM.

Snapped by Tangcla - FB Page
    Currently RaydTuned
    Lots of love from 2XS Racing & Dan's Garage Detailing

State: SA
    Dealer: Jarret Mazda (Mount Barker)
    Service Interval: 70,000km (performed at 63,000km)
    Price: $220
    Service Rating: 8/10
    Overall: 8.5/10

Went to my 3rd different dealer in the 12 months since owning my car. I changed again, due to changing workplaces and it no longer being convenient to use the dealer closest to my home. (They wanted 6 weeks notice to have a Saturday booking and almost a month for a hire car. Who is that planned?!)
    Overall I was very happy with the experience with Jarret Mazda. They're an "outer metro" dealer (about 30 mins from Adelaide), so I was sceptical at first about taking an MPS there. But after a few phone calls to them discussing the car and finding out their knowledge with the MPS I was happy to go there.
    It was a very no fuss experience. I booked in, dropped the car off, the car was ready on time with all the paperwork prepared when I went to pick it up.
    Gave me a full run down of everything they did, and listened to all my concerned when I dropped it off (ie. No air filter replace, no rattle guns near wheels, etc). The car wasn't washed or vacuumed, as the other dealers I have used. But, I'd prefer they didn't use their recycled water on it anyway. So, no biggy.

Pleased with the ease of transaction. Will use again, especially since it's so convenient to get to from work.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast