User Tag List

Thread: IC Water Spray Kits

Default IC Water Spray Kits

Has anyone thought of adding one to there MPS ?? or has anyone found a good guide for building one ?

i have read that you can mod your rear water spray to spray it ??

Just been thinking about the heat up here lateley !! its not even summer and today was HOT as !!

anyway any info would b great !!

Even wonder if the head light sprayers in the Lux pack could be redirected ?? does anyone know what controls them to fire ? i see they come on pretty randomly when you have head lights on ?? when u spray the windscreen wipers ?
    Last edited by PaulG; 27-09-2009 at 08:07 PM.

BLACK 06 MPS3 - HKS SRi/K&N - SU REM - TWM STS & Bushings - Custom MP

This should help (note there are links to parts 2 -5 at bottom of each page)

http://autospeed.com/cms/article.html?&A=0527

If your'e going TMIC, then an atomizer nozzle is super critical. The water that is released must be a fine mist. Once it hits the hot TMIC, it will evaporate in an endothermic reaction; taking the heat from the TMIC into the atmosphere thus cooling the TMIC in the process. What you want to do is take advantage of the change of state from liquid to gas, which wont happen unless its a fine mist. Water spray thicker than a mist is absolutely useless.
    Last edited by lucifuge; 27-09-2009 at 08:58 PM.

"Sector six, 80, copy the sixth, the sum of the eighth, the quadrant over the ninth, plus 80, four circles, weave the 80 and call the fourth. Copy." - Thufir Hawat, Mentat, Master of Assassins.

Why not go for chemical intercooling instead, i.e water meth injection, there is tons of info on mazdaspeed forums in the US, one of the site vendors Devils Own is a good brand, basic kits are reasonably priced too.
    I would be wary spraying our TMIC, dont forget that under the IC are your coil packs and spark plugs, too much water will give you no end of grief.

eek true.. yea i wonder the effect of some of the one on youtube... and the electrical side of thing... pretty much like a hose turning on rather then a mist...

Matt thats no good... good to point that out !!! i gues some sort of sheild deflector could be made up though ?? or drain to catch excess and direct it away ??

Yea i thought water meth would be expensive... to buy and maintain ?? as in buying the mix ??

same with Co2 cooler ?? pluss not ure how legal that is to run ???

---------- Post added at 09:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:21 PM ----------

lots of info on MS forums.. getting into it now !

BLACK 06 MPS3 - HKS SRi/K&N - SU REM - TWM STS & Bushings - Custom MP

Mix is basically metho and water