User Tag List

Thread: Auto door locking

1. Default Auto door locking

Has anybody got an alarm or other system that automatically locks the doors (either after a set time or speed)

I remember my uncle had a Toyota Super Saloon Crown that did that after 20kph

I dont like having the doors locked when I drive

yep my old civic had an alarm that when u turn the car off and closed he doors and everything about a minute later it would lock itself even if the key was left in the ignition. Kept reminding myself not to leave the keys in and close the doors but a few times i forgot. worst feeling wen u lock yourself out of the car in whatever area u are.

Most euro cars lock the doors after usually 8kph or a bit more.

I always lock my doors while driving....

Oh and MPSI will tell you a story of why you should lock your doors

Happy Motoring
    duglet

I haven't heard of Mazda doing the auto locking system for the doors, but my old VY Commodore used to have it, also my wife's VW has it too, hers locks after you first drive off and reach 8kph as Doug mentioned, handy as this locks the boot too. From a safety point, it prevents car jackers or other idiots from trying to jump in and if you crash they automatically unlock themselves (apparently!)

I had a viper alarm on my current car and it auto locks when you turn the key and unlocks when you turn the car off.

Personally i like that function because there have been a few car jackings in my area. Plus with kids in the back its more peace of mind

our SP25 did a wierd thing, i was sitting in the car with the door unlocked, and then they locked by themselves..

8. Default

Thanks for the comments, so nobodys got an alarm or other system that does this?

I had to break into a 1986/7 Corvette Stingray that did that the other day.
    Poor bastard went off to the dunny leaving the keys in the ignition, and the mongrel car locked itself!

I want to hear this story from MPSI that Duglet is speaking of!!

Quote Originally Posted by duglet View Post
    Most euro cars lock the doors after usually 8kph or a bit more.
    The old man's FG XR6T ute does the same thing, once you get to 10km/hr it locks.

I wished mine did that, and also the indicator thing.. when you push it (not on, just lever it up or down) it flashes 3 times - eg changing lanes or overtaking etc.
    2015 Audi S3 | MTX | Sedan | Sepang Blue | Sunroof | SPP1 | Assistance Package | BW - Week 17 | Delivery June/July '15... Hopefully...

Help support OzMPSClub - Become a VIP Member today! - Click here for more details...

Quote Originally Posted by PostmanDan View Post
    I wished mine did that, and also the indicator thing.. when you push it (not on, just lever it up or down) it flashes 3 times - eg changing lanes or overtaking etc.
    +1, I love the indicator lane changing function! Another thing the VW has is when you lock the car and realise you've left the windows open, you can press and hold the lock button and all the windows close or open (if you want to leave it down a bit when it's hot!)

Not sure why Mazda and other Japanese cars don't include these useful funtions?
    R36 - Just like an MPS6 except with a growly V6

All about euro

Auto closure, windows up down sunroof closes/opens.

Changing lane indicators and auto lock when driving.

All these items are on most euro cars...even ones that cost $20K

My old Opel Corsa/Barina (2005) has all these functions ....

So why dont Japanese car makers start providing them....even the Koreans are getting on it.

Happy Motoring
    duglet