User Tag List

Thread: Tyre Rotation

Default Tyre Rotation

ok so this weekend i plan to rotate my tyres... is there any set procedure i need to follow ?

i have Sumitomo HTR Z III ... im not sure if there is a certain way these have to go ? i get confused about directional and going from front to back or left to right ?? HAHA

HELLLLP...

Typically front to rear and rear to front - on the same side thus maintaining rotational direction.

.... unless there are some newer 'old' thoughts on the subject!

is it fine to just rotate ? or should I be getting an allighment at the same time ?

Blog Entries

HTRZ-III are asymmetric, not directional, so you don't need to turn the tyre on the rim when you go from one side of the car to the other.

left rear to right front, right rear to left front, left front to left rear, right front to right rear.

I'd align every second rotation, unless I've noticed something a alignment might help with (such as developing a very slight drift to the left)

Default How many Kms between rotations?

How often do people recommend they be rotated? My car has 10,000 set but other people have told me every 5,000. Also what is a reasonable amount of kms out of a set?

depends on how you drive and the type of road surfaces you drive on

i rotate every 5,000km and get an alignment done as well because it will always be a bit off by that then

7. Default

I get mine rotated and blanced every 5,000k just cause the MPS6 is notorious for throwing out alignment and it helps the tyres get longer life

8. Default

With the MPS6 I'm getting very good, even wear with a rotation every 5k and an alignment every 10k.
    With the rotation I think the consensus is just front to rear is fine, there is some controversy over side/diagonal swapping

I also have my tryes rotated every 5k and I did that on the Bravo as well....I notice the wear more on the little Genki....