User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 40k Service........$$$$$

Default 40k Service........$$$$$

Got my 40k sevice coming up next Tuesday. I rang Mazda & asked them for a quote, informing them i was supplying my own oil, didnt need a new air filter, & didnt require a pollen filter.......price was $234. Didnt seem too unreasonable, just wondering what others have paid for the same service????????
    Cheers,
    Ad.

Hey mate, for me it's a different car, but using Mazda oils, and I think pollen filter from memory my 40,000 was $430. Take away the oil and pollen filter and I'll probably be closer to $270ish?

$234 sounds very good

BULLSHI*

i got quoted 580........................................... that was for lot done though..

got it done for 275 at another mechanic in the end...

$580..........f@rk...what did that include????

what is part of the 40,000km service?

i dont really follow the maintenance schedule

these are the parts/fluids i supplied:
    elf competition 5w-40 $55
    oil filter $10
    redline mt-40 $96
    motul rbf600 brake fluid $6 (100ml used at $30 for 500ml)
    cost of components

this is what i got done:
    oil and filter change
    gearbox oil change
    bled brakes and checked pads
    tyre rotation and balance
    wheel alignment and quick check of suspension
    cost of labour $110

total cost $277

could have done everything myself except for the wheel alignment, and tyre balance, but i wanted that stamp in the log book
    Last edited by kagerou; 25-09-2009 at 10:48 AM.

40k sevice is all the usual inspections plus-
    -oil & filter
    -pollen filter

-brake fluid
    Last edited by AD07; 30-09-2009 at 07:20 AM.

The majority of cost associated with the 40,000km services on the MPS3 is labour for the Pollen Filter. You pretty much have to dismantle the dash to change the Pollen Filter in our cars

they actually change the fuel filter?
    its built into the tank and requires a lot of work to get out - i sort of attempted this
    and i dont recall the log book ever saying anything about this

Im just going off whats in the owners manual. I think its section 8-4 from memory.......

yea there is a fair few standard items to check.. then just what u said AD07 to replace or service...

Just had 40k sevice done.......$212.
    Pretty happy with the price, but it would be nice if they didnt OVERFILL my oil.
    I checked it yesterday & its up to the 'A' in MAX......approx 8mm above the full mark.....NOT HAPPY.
    I also mentioned a noisy throw-out bearing which they are going to replace when i get a chance to take it back in.

i also noticed that the other day that it was above the MAX mark ???

wonder if thats just the recomended (L) that is in the manual that the engine take and they just throw it all in ???

I rang them about it & said i wasnt happy......to me, max means max. not over full. They said they may have to drain some out. My point is that it really shouldnt be that hard to get an oil level correct.......

Yeah I'm sure it says MAX for a reason... I have changed dealers over things like that (well maybe not that small) but you have to be happy with where you take your car
    Last edited by cletusb; 30-09-2009 at 10:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AD07 View Post
    I rang them about it & said i wasnt happy......to me, max means max. not over full. They said they may have to drain some out. My point is that it really shouldnt be that hard to get an oil level correct.......
    So true, that's why I do my own servicing & can only blame myself if I stuff something up. The risk is no warranty of course but I bought the car with 40k & now it has 62k km & warranty will run out in the next 2 months.
    I can't be doing that bad of a job it's still going strong & I have a Nissan Patrol as well with 563k km with original motor & still going strong with me doing the services.

Only reason i stick with them is for possible warranty issues. I figure if something goes wrong & i have done all my servicing with them, then maybe it wont turn into a big drama.......maybe.....

17. Default

can you confirm whether they changed the fuel filter?

thanks

Sorry mate , my mistake. I read the part for the normal 3. The MPS is an in-tank filter & is changed at 150k.

19. Default

Quote Originally Posted by AD07 View Post
    Sorry mate , my mistake. I read the part for the normal 3. The MPS is an in-tank filter & is changed at 150k.
    ok cool, thanks for sorting that out

i was afraid i missed that bit

I've got mine in at Mazda today for the 40K. Good bye $500.
    I asked how much the labour component of getting the pollen filter changed is and they told me it only takes 15 mins to do. I was under the impression that it takes longer than this?
    Last edited by teamfletch1; 14-10-2009 at 09:59 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast