User Tag List

Thread: Benefits of delaying servicing?

Default Benefits of delaying servicing?

So I tend to delay my scheduled services due to the fact I don't drive enough kilometres. As such I find the longer I wait, the more mail my service dept send me with deals and rewards. Currently it's save 10% off parts and labour, and a free bottle of wash/wax. My question is, is this the norm regardless of when you get your servicing done?

2. Default

I dont get any free offers, they dont even clean my car for me all they send me is free chamois for me to clean the car myself

I dont drive enough kms either, I have a salary sacrificed car on a 15,000km year lease but I still get my car serviced every 6 months without fail and the tyres rotated every 5,000km
    Last edited by blackbetty; 08-12-2008 at 08:28 PM.

nah i havent had anything! so gud luck on further free stuff

I keep getting free Chamois' got three now, though no offers of discounts to entice me Though I'm usually in for the service every 6-9 months for every 10,000kms

Blog Entries

How many kms on the clock Nuliaj? or I noticed this when I first got my car but now that its a bit "long in the tooth" I don't get them anymore.

Still get the Chamois though haha I swear they must have a warehouse full of the things!!

About 8900km now

is it really worth it? think $40k car with bad oil or fluids versus a free carwash? or bottle of wash??? just service it. they send u stuff anyway. ive got chamois and other bits and pieces.

I get my dad to change my oil, which is changed every 5000km. Apart from that, there's no other good reason to go in for a service as they want to charge an arm and a leg. Minus my 10% discount of course.

Free wash and interior detail FTL.

Tell them no thanks. My dash and instruments look like they were cleaned with sand paper.

Blog Entries

thats why...after 10,000km-15,000km it will drop off, so milk them for all you can

I have to admit my dealer uses a really nice smelling strawberry like spray for the interior. It only lasts one day though.

I'll save the discount for the more expensive service!

Blog Entries

Smart move!! they get more expensive when your warranty disappears haha

Blog Entries

Why even get your car tot Mazda if there is not something that needs to be fixed under warranty? My car has not seen a mazda service centre for years- I take it to a good tuning shop who charge half the price and actually seem to care about my car.

The stuff Mazda sends is all crap anyway and is only worthy of the rubbish bin IMO...

For most people it's resale value. If I was in the market for a second hand car, I would rather buy a car serviced by a dealer than a shop that I don't know. This is taking into account that I know dealers don't do anything special, but it's a psychological thing I can't get over. I suspect a lot of other people are the same.

Blog Entries

I would be the exact opposite- A good tuning shop would get my vote on servicing then Mazda I must say lol

Lightbulb

I've always preffered to get my Major Services done at Mazda. Non authorised repairers do not always carry out services as per your log book even if you ask them to. The minor ones i'm not so fussed about.

As far as time frame goes. I don't see why you should have to service your car every six months if you're only doing 2,000kms. Having said that I would'nt leave it much longer than 12 regardless of mileage. Also think having the underbody checked fairly often is a good idea as loose bolts / fluid leaks etc can easily lead to something more serious if left too long.....

Oh and don't forget that as with most vehicle franchises mazda looks more favourably on those who have their services carried out at mazda and are more likely to give them benefit of the doubt when something unusual or major goes wrong even after your warranty expires and even with mods (depending on how they relate to the problem).