User Tag List

Thread: Little Pop out bit behind Right Hand..

Default Little Pop out bit behind Right Hand..

So while i was tinkering on weekend and cleaning my air filter and bugs from the inter cooler

I noticed behind one of the air directors into the intercooler there was a small panel which can be removed to then leave a hole for air to get to the CAI ?? Is there any issues with removing on of the air directors ? or cutting a hole in it in order to get more air to your intake ? i should have takin photos ... but forgot ?

If it's what I think, then the negative would be less air flow/pressure going to the intercooler, which I guess means you might run slightly higher BATs?

Nevermind Guest

I'll have to go take a look at what you mean. Are you talking about up under the bonnet?

yes under the bonnet... to the right of the bonnet catch..

i figured that that would be the only down side.. was less air flow to the IC...?? but it would be fairly minimal one would think ?

The difference in air flow being used by your intake compared from the loss in airflow going to the cooler would make it pretty much a waste of time IMO. Once you upgrade to a FMIC, yeah why not, i will be. I have to remove the cooler ducting to make room for my piping anyway. Im going to run some ducting to my inlt from the front of the car (near the cooler). I will post up a few pics once its done if you like.

The air ramp on the right hand side services both the top mount AND the battery box. Even if you remove it... There is still a chunk of plastic you have to cut out to flow air through. Wouldn't be worth the effort in my opinion.

7. Default

Maybe we'll have aftermarket intakes soon..... Wink Wink, Nudge Nudge, Hint Hint Hint

Quote Originally Posted by 2000MN View Post
    The air ramp on the right hand side services both the top mount AND the battery box. Even if you remove it... There is still a chunk of plastic you have to cut out to flow air through. Wouldn't be worth the effort in my opinion.
    nah thats what i am saying ... there is a factory little bit that pops out to reveal a hole... like a ... if u didnt have a turbo car there would be a hole here sort of thing...

like those buttons that do nothing inside your car... like the little bump on the drivers door above the mirror controls ?

BLACK 06 MPS3 - HKS SRi/K&N - SU REM - TWM STS & Bushings - Custom MP