User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Air fuel ratio sensor fault

Yes mazda replaced the sensor already, alex is still having issues.

Blog Entries

Putting the pipe back to stock would be alot of work but would take it out of the equation.

It doesn't sound like a dump pipe issue though, since the car is just running super rich, thats usually intake issues.

Could be a crappy injector, wouldnt be the first one Ive heard of.

Well the wierdest thing has happened.. I washed the engine bay last night to get rid of all that red dust (if your in syd you'll know what I mean) and then blew out my air filter and blew out most of the water around the top of the engine etc. Then I took it for a drive around the block and the turbo spools up much harder and pulls alot more, like it now wheel spins all of second where as before it didn't. but that flat spot before the turbo cuts in is worse.. lol I don't know what's going on with my car it's so wierd.. Wash the engine and gain 15kw...lol...

Nice work.........

Blog Entries

cleaner air filter...

knew it was intake related

No the problem is still there.. Its actually worse than before..

Blog Entries

very strange!! could it be ECU related?

Ok I still had that flat spot after they changed to CO2 sensor. So I've taken the hks valve off and the Cobb intake off And put the stock airbox and bpv back on and also left the Cobb TIP on. The flat spot seems to have disappeared...

Now could it be a fake hks cause I bought it off eBay...? I don't know what else it could be??

The other thing I wanted to ask is with the silicon tubing on the Cobb intake wouldn't it become softer when it heated up and when the turbo is boosting the silicon will suck together a bit causing less airflow??

Silcone isnt overly heat affected, hence its wide use in motor parts, also the fact that air is constantly running through it means it is constantly being cooled to some degree, I also very much doubt it would be collapsing under load with minimal restriction on one end (i.e air filter) and the fact that its reinforced should help keep its shape.
    I would say the dodgy ebay BOV is the cause, why not try replacing your Cobb intake and put your stock valve back on?, otherwise it could have been an airleak somewhere else in the system that has been fixed when you put your stock airbox back on.
    Was your valve set up vta, or recirc ? a leaky bov on vta would explain the rich running error code you were getting.
    Nearly all men can stand adversity. But if you want to test a man's character - give him power.
    Abraham Lincoln

Nah I had the hks bov in recirc.. I might try that for a while running the Cobb Sri but standard bpv.. See how I go..

Atleast we know where its coming from now
    thought that would be the easiest way to see if that was the prob.

If all else fails, maybe check your plugs for cracks.

Quote Originally Posted by 2XS View Post
    If all else fails, maybe check your plugs for cracks.

If your talking about the spark plugs, I checked them the other day and my mechanic said they looked fine... Where do they crack??

Quote Originally Posted by PAZ04U View Post
    If your talking about the spark plugs, I checked them the other day and my mechanic said they looked fine... Where do they crack??

Through the ceramic sheilding.

I had a random misfire that would sometimes produce a CEL, very random, the code would say misfire but not define a cylinder. Turns out I had 2 cracked plugs.
    Achievements
    2009 Jamboree Street Compact Winner
    Aust. Quickest and Fastest MPS
    12.3 seconds @ 111Mph.
    Proven over the Qtr mile

Another Mazda 3 MPS - Almost fully bolted - Waiting for a turbo upgrade - The weekend hack.
    Toyota Yaris - Coilovers, rollcage, raceseats, harnesses, 18s - Also waiting for a turbo upgrade.
    2011 AWD Territory - White and Slightly lowered on 22s - The tow car.
    2011 RWD Territory - Black on black and slammed on 22s - The family transporter.

The flat spot has returned with a cel.. Mods are Cobb sri & TIP, cp-e DP & FMIC, turbosmart BOV running 50/50 spring set by MPS garage.. It was ok for a bit, I then got a cel on wednesday, and the flat spot has gotten worse every day. I'm at mazda now to' see what the fault code is.. Ill post it up once i know..

ok guys got the fault codes, someone please please please help me on this..

P2188 rich at idle - bank number 1
    P0421 catalyst system warm efficiency problem

Thanks what i was told from mazda..

Thanks guys in andvance...Alex...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12