User Tag List

Thread: New UK Member

Default New UK Member

Hi everyone, Had no idea this site existed until yesterday. I have a 6MPS in t*t grey since 2006. Had the snatchy clutch replaced and that's it. Very few 6MPS in the UK. Sales flop but used prices are quite high at the moment. A lot of people have tumbled to what it is at last. Trouble is, so has the criminal fraternity.

foxy, another 6 MPS owner

Tell us more about the criminal attraction? Over here I don't think our crims even know what an MPS is

Got any pics, done any mods etc etc

Enjoy the forums!

Yes, a guy with a 6MPS about 20 miles away was, he suspects, "stalked" home. A couple of days later, his house was broken into and the keys + car taken. Found by the police a couple of days later somewhat wrecked. It had been used in a robbery.
    I am now mindful about being followed home. If it happened to me I would not go home but just go to some public place and park up.

Haven't done any mods except a K&N panel but are looking to get better tyres than my Toyos. My view is that the 6MPS needs help with understeer and feedback so I tyre with less squidgy sidewalls would help. The performance is fine for me.

4. Default

Welcome foxy, glad to see you found your way over here, be keen to see some pics of your car ... u must have some awesome snow background shots. Have u driven it on snow ?

The 6 MPS is such a sexy car, the more the merrier, welcome to the club

Foxy to the forum,how did you find out about ozmps.com.au???

Howdy foxy, good to see you found your way over. How's the diff whine going, still the same?

Nice to see you here hope you enjoy

Wink Foxy lady ? Yes/ no?

TO OZMPS CLUB you can chech out but never leave .Col recommend 18x8"rims + 245x18 Yokahama advan S DRIVE tyres brilliant wet or dry no tramlining or road noise ,but make sure they are definitely S DRIVE on the tyre walls other advans are not as good by a long shot .COL.
    Last edited by YOU LOSE; 15-09-2009 at 09:55 AM.

Welcome aboard Foxy....

Foxy man I'm afraid chaps. In fact I have never heard of female 6MPS driver, has anyone?

We don't get much snow where I live but, when we do, it has no problems getting up my suburban hill. You can feel the AWD moving the power around for grip.

The diff whine I believe is rear drive resonance that varies in volume according to tyres/road surface/ diff oil etc and doesn't get worse with age. If it was a fault with the diff you would get it all the time and it would rise in pitch with speed.

Thanks for the tyre advice, but I want to stay on the stock rims

11. Default

Quote Originally Posted by foxy View Post
    Foxy man I'm afraid chaps. In fact I have never heard of female 6MPS driver, has anyone?

Yeh Me and there are other female MPS6 drivers at least 4 or 5 on these forums
    Taken my boring, bland, lame Subaru and my fat ass and driven off into the sunset with a smile on my face

Quote Originally Posted by blackbetty View Post
    Yeh Me and there are other female MPS6 drivers at least 4 or 5 on these forums
    And I think one of them was from the UK too from memory..
    MY16 WRX STi Crystal White Pearl
    -= Rally Armour Flaps - 2XS Muffler Delete =-

FG FPV F6 MKII Vixen - SOLD
    -= Bluepower SRI - ID1000 Injectors - Venom Cat - XCAL3 - ProcessWest Stg2 Intercooler - 359 RWKW=-

CX9 Grand Touring Stormy Blue
    -= The rolling armchair =-

6 MPS Velocity Red - SOLD
    -=Cat Back Exhaust - Pirelli PZero=-

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD
    -=PG SRI - PG Inlet - ETS TMIC - GFB Hybrid BOV - Best Mufflers DP - Eibach Pro - AccessPort STG2 - Autotech HPFP - ITV22 - Michelin PSS=-

ahhh cool a pom...!! noice and welcome.. so where you reside im from gloucestershire!!
    i was over there visiting last year.. cant say i saw 1 mps 6!! coule of 3s!!
    biffrent specs tho... as in body kits and set ups are optional!! an you basic 3s are a 1.6? called the Takara!???
    hha.. well welcome

14. Default

hi and welcome to the forum

Welcome...i like your nickname

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Nasa View Post
    ahhh cool a pom...!! noice and welcome.. so where you reside im from gloucestershire!!
    i was over there visiting last year.. cant say i saw 1 mps 6!! coule of 3s!!
    biffrent specs tho... as in body kits and set ups are optional!! an you basic 3s are a 1.6? called the Takara!???
    hha.. well welcome
    Liverpool mate. You were lucky to see one 6MPS. On Merseyside/Cheshire you are far more likely to see a Bentley Continental of Jaguar E Type than a 6MPS. Love that about it. The Takara is a special edition 3 or 6. The basic ones are called TS, TS2

hope you enjoy the forums. Good to have another international member

ahh excellent.. well welcome... and hope to catch yu around here a little more... bit far tho to join us on some cruise events!!

welcome foxy!!!