User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hallelujah....I've seen the light!!

Those pix look great

GREAT PLACE FOR PHOTOS! Love it

Aw thanks guys, I was becoming quite frustrated as I really don't know how to compose a shot properly, so it's just hit and miss (thank god for digital cameras). I have others that I will post up once the sun actually shows its face. Then I can finally get sone decent daylight shots.....for now it's just grey skys.

I used one of the photos for my new signature picture. I rushed it a bit but will try out some other ideas later. Watcha reckon?

Wink Get the good news here!!!!!!

Having said that, here I am, in love with a poxy sounding MPS.....care factor - zero!

YOU LOSE TO THE RESCUE !!!!!!!!

Great pics Mike !!!! is the location the old railway sheds mile end or wayville showgrounds ???
    The standard mps exhaust sounds like my vacuum cleaner NOT COOL the good news is you can transform it at relatively low cost
    SOLUTION remove both mufflers and resonators back to the cat ,replace with 3"pipe and 1 only hot dog muffler ,retain stock exhaust tips to keep cost down .
    END RESULT ,15 to 20 kw,s more power, tuff but not to obtrusive exhaust note if you really want to cream u jeans to complete the package install a SRI /Pod filter and turbosmart dual port BOV ,trust me you will sleep in your mps the sound of all three working together is exotic and addictive not to mention the gain in kw,s
    regards col
    Last edited by YOU LOSE; 02-10-2009 at 01:34 PM.
    THE COLON FILES
    Coming soon

Awesome pics, you should be proud I love the available light type of shots, also makes the colour look hot!

Cool sig too!

Good work

Quote Originally Posted by YOU LOSE View Post
    Having said that, here I am, in love with a poxy sounding MPS.....care factor - zero!

YOU LOSE TO THE RESCUE !!!!!!!!

Great pics Mike !!!! is the location the old railway sheds mile end or wayville showgrounds ???
    The standard mps exhaust sounds like my vacuum cleaner NOT COOL the good news is you can transform it at relatively low cost
    SOLUTION remove both mufflers and resonators back to the cat ,replace with 3"pipe and 1 only hot dog muffler ,retain stock exhaust tips to keep cost down .
    END RESULT ,15 to 20 kw,s more power, tuff but not to obtrusive exhaust note if you really want to cream u jeans to complete the package install a SRI /Pod filter and turbosmart dual port BOV ,trust me you will sleep in your mps the sound of all three working together is exotic and addictive not to mention the gain in kw,s
    regards col
    Howdy Col,

Ditto....poxy suits me just perfectly at the moment!!

It's been raining here all morning, so I've been driving the Skyline around. The only thing I will miss is the sound....I could never tire of that. But stiff.....as they say, nothing stands in the way of progress.

Hmmm, I never thought of the old railway sheds.....good idea. The photos were located at the old loading docks at Port Adelaide. Wasn't sure how it would come out but was quite happy with some of the shots I took. I reckon that the tinted windows made a huge difference to the look.

Now just waiting for some nice weather so I can take some decent daylight shots which show off some of the really nice attributes of this colour. The only photos I've seen on the web, make it look very light and not so attractive. Hopefully my photos will show off some of these nuances and subtle shadings that I've been on about.

Your exhaust mods sound suprisingly straightforward! A few bods have mentioned that there is a big increase in "popping" that comes from the aftermmarket exhausts. Did you experience any increase with your mods?

I probably won't start any modding for a while, although dropping the car an extra inch would do wonders for the look.

---------- Post added at 02:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:43 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by shakespeare View Post
    Awesome pics, you should be proud I love the available light type of shots, also makes the colour look hot!

Cool sig too!

Good work
    Thanks Shakespeare, this area of of the Port docks is floodlit with those amber sodium lights, so it it gives a great effect at night.

Changed the sig slightly as there was too much building showing and not enough car. Reckon this one is better or go back to the presious one?

"light travels faster than sound, that is why some people appear brighter....until they speak"

Sig deffo looks better - in that light, it almost looks like a darker version of cosmic blue...!

Quote Originally Posted by PostmanDan View Post
    Sig deffo looks better - in that light, it almost looks like a darker version of cosmic blue...!
    Yeah...true, it does. What I like most about it is the way the light shading shows off the shapliness of the new design. I love the darker shading which goes over the rear wheel arch down to the sill and along the bottom of the doors tapering to a point at the back of the front wheel arch. Then it does the opposite at the top of the doors, the tip starting at the edge of the tail light, gradually widening till it gets to the top of the front wheel arch and really captures the RX8 style front fender. These are some of the things that really stuck in my head the night I was deciding what to buy. I just found it very....."shapely" for want of a better term. Many of the other makes I looked at just didn't "work the light" the same an MPS does.

Like my women.....I like all the curves in all the right places......(but don't tell my wife)!!

"light travels faster than sound, that is why some people appear brighter....until they speak"

Quote Originally Posted by ManicMPS View Post

Like my women.....I like all the curves in all the right places......(but don't tell my wife)!!
    +1 Curves in the Right Places FTW!!!

Keep the sig too, looks great!
    R36 - Just like an MPS6 except with a growly V6

Wink Don,t tell my wife that i woun,t tell your,s !!!!

Like my women.....I like all the curves in all the right places......(but don't tell my wife)!! [/QUOTE]
    Secret is safe with us Mike ,don,t tell my wife i siad that
    no popping with exhaust that I've noticed ,more likely to be bov not adjusted correctly i think
    cheers
    Col
    THE COLON FILES
    Coming soon

Hi ManicMPS! you are def talkin my language cheers!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123