User Tag List

Thread: Cobb Rear Springs sit uneven

Default Cobb Rear Springs sit uneven

Hi All,

After having the Cobb Blue springs installed I have noticed the rear springs don't sit evenly.
    One side sits highr then the other. Anyone else had this issue or any ideas what this could be?

Thanks in advance

Blog Entries

I would take it back to who installed them...that doesnt sound right at all.

...and this back from my mechanic after he checked them
    Good Morning,

Have measured vehicle and results are : rear left is 6 mm higher than rear right
    front left is 6.5 mm higher than front right

Have checked installation & seating of springs also.

Don't see a problem with this at all. Probably set up correctly for rh drive (camber of roads)

Regards

???????????????????????

hhmmm i have just bought these springs as well...once they are installed which is soonish i'll see how mine are

great StealthMPS let me know.

Cheers

I reckon the mechanic has installed them arse about, left and right sides should be swapped due to the steering column and dash being on other side of the vehicle than in our US counterpart they are designed around.

well getting the springs installed 2moro..have taken some b4 shots of all 4 corners so i can compare... MattMPS3 anyway of telling which spring goes on which side??? as all that it says on them is front and rear.

chipped did u have to get anything else installed with the springs like a camber kit or anything?

no, no camber kit...just the Cobb Springs installed. I'm thinking I should have gone for Eibachs. My mech re-checked the springs and has installed correctly, he is very competant and modded my Polo Gti over 3 years with NO issues....maybe Mazda dealer is next to check. (maybe one spring has a different rate to the other?
    Let us know how you go Stealth

---------- Post added at 11:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MattMPS3 View Post
    I reckon the mechanic has installed them arse about, left and right sides should be swapped due to the steering column and dash being on other side of the vehicle than in our US counterpart they are designed around.

Hey Matt,

Good point but the springs have no markings to indicate which side of the car they should go on so it'd be hit and miss on install..what a pain

well i got my springs fitted on thursday at pedders at bansktown..pretty good guys to talk to. drop looks good and pretty even for all corners.. handling has improved so much over stock..doesnt feel as floaty anymore and going around corners hardly feel any body roll..
    one other thing though which the guy was telling me about is that theres really no point in putting in a rear sway bar and making it a 'dead rear' as he was saying as there wouldnt be much improvement and that i should opt on getting a front strut bar which they can custom make which would improve handling more as everythig is done from the front wheels and also to change all the bushings and such to polyurethane.

Is what he said true about the rear sway bar and the front strut?
    CURRENT: 2009 VW Passat R36

PREVIOUS: 2008 Mazda 3 MPS

Hey chris,

I personally think you would find more of a difference from a rear sway than front, when I had the SSS it made a big difference!

The way the front of our cars are designed you will see the top of the struts are quite close to the firewall meaning the front end is already quite ridgid.

If anyone else thinks otherwise im more than happy to be learnt :P

hey justin..thats what i thought as well. with the front struts and all...i might take it to a few other places and see what they about it all...on a side note.im loving the new springs..can take corners so much harder now...twisties here i come.

chipped, hows your springs going? u get everything sorted out?

Mate, for the best advice Welcome to East Coast Suspensions
    I stand by these guys as they know what they are doing!

Quote Originally Posted by STEALTH_MPS View Post
    hey justin..thats what i thought as well. with the front struts and all...i might take it to a few other places and see what they about it all...on a side note.im loving the new springs..can take corners so much harder now...twisties here i come.

chipped, hows your springs going? u get everything sorted out?
    Hi Stealth,

Yeah don;t get me wrong handling is vastly imrpoved with these springs.
    Its just the uneven drop that has me puzzled one side 6mm higher then the other...and I cannot get a definitive answer. I'm due for a dealer serive in 3000k so I might ask them about it.....
    Stealth do you find the ride hight visuall much lower in the rear than stock...I was always of the impression that the rear should sit the same or slightly lwr than the front for optimum performance - this is not the case with mine.

\Cheers

well since getting mine installed.. the rear does sit slightly higher than the front...the guy at pedder told me i shouldnt have any rubbing issues with the amount that it has dropped by but im not too sure. im going to be getting a rear sway bar soon as wel so i might take it somewhere else other than pedders and get a second opinion. have you had any issues with rubbing?

Quote Originally Posted by STEALTH_MPS View Post
    well since getting mine installed.. the rear does sit slightly higher than the front...the guy at pedder told me i shouldnt have any rubbing issues with the amount that it has dropped by but im not too sure. im going to be getting a rear sway bar soon as wel so i might take it somewhere else other than pedders and get a second opinion. have you had any issues with rubbing?
    Mate def no rubbing issues, I don't think its anywhere low enough for that...having said that tho I'm on stock rims.

ahhk..ive gone for 8inch rims with 225/40's and no rubbing issues as well... im hoping for the rear to settle in abit more then wat they are so far...but all in all i love the handling characteristics over stock