User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mazda dealers are the experts! NOT

Thumbs down Mazda dealers are the experts! NOT

Hi Guys and Gals,

I recently had my much loved MPS6 in for it's 18 month service (My car has done 25K) at my dealer. During the day, I was called by the service manager who told me that they have discovered that my front brake discs were dangerously close to their minimum limit and need replacing asap. When I was given the price of $500, I thought I would rather have some quality aftermarket rotors and politefully declined their offer. Also, having owned many cars from new, I thought stuffed rotors after only 25K very unusual.

The next day, I noticed that my tires appeared a little lower than normal and after checking I realised they had been let down from the 38 PSI I had them set (checked only days before) to 32 PSI. I returned them to the specified 38 PSI. The dealer called me that day to ask if I was happy with the service. I asked them if they had checked the tire pressures, and they assured me they always check and set them. I asked my self if they couldn't get the tire pressures right, what else have they done incorrectly ?

A few days later, I took my car into a local mechanic who checked the rotors and has said they are about half worn and should be good for another 25,000 Km according to Mazda specifications.
    Consequently, I am never taking my car back to a dealer for anything except warranty work - after which I will have my local mechanic check.

I am sick of these practices in the industry and the tire pressure issue just shows that you pay extra for Mazda dealer expertise, but do not get it.

Well said mate! I had my car at the dealer while in warranty period to get some things checked, not impressed with them washing and swirling my black 6 and making mum wait 6 hours to be told that car was fine after an ecu check! plus they insulted the quality of servicing the car had received prior! which was me when I was working as a mechanic, my car gets good attention dont you worry!
    I left a dealership because of the lack of care and knowladge within it.
    Have no shame in naming the dealer, they get what they deserve.

Blog Entries

Fair call but not fair to say all Mazda dealers are rubbish.

I have had my car serviced at my local Mazda dealer since 2005 and never had one problem at all, they even offered to help my get my car working with mods I had done to the car.

Please MPS2NV, name the Dealer so that others can avoid having any future dramas with them.

Regal newcastle 0/10 from the sale day.

when i took my car in for the compulsory 1000km check up, the person who did the report on my car said that the clutch was really heavy and that they need to strip the car to see what was wrong.

so i asked if it was covered under warranty, because it has felt the same since i picked it up with 40km on the clock, the service manager said that it wasnt, and i was looking at a minimum cost of $1000 to get it looked at, and more if it really was stuffed.

they accused me of abusing the car and said that they dont cover damage by me not driving it properly.

i decided that i wasnt going to go back to that dealer ever again, especially after the scan guage logged that the car had been taken to over 130km/hr on that little test drive that they do, and the tyre pressures were all over the shop, ranging from 31-37 psi when i got home - usually its set at 36psi front and 34psi rear.

i had to go get the engine mount recall and flash done, so i went to another dealership and asked them to check out a noise in the rear so left it with them. came back several hours later and they said they couldnt find anything, plus they had washed my car, even though i had washed it the day before. when i went to fill up at the petrol station after, noticed that they had scratched 2 of the 4 rims, and by scratching, i mean it looked like they had washed the rims with steel wool. there were shit loads of long scratches down each spoke of two rims.

now whenever anything breaks, i just get it done by my mechanic if i cant do it myself. i recently had the rubber hose that connects the overflow bottle to the upper engine leak, so i just paid for a new length of hose out of my own pocket.
    Last edited by kagerou; 10-09-2009 at 01:24 PM.

Blog Entries

Just a not people, please be careful "bagging" out dealers as Mazda does take a look at this site and more than likely so does some dealers.

Issues with dealers should be brought up with the dealer IMO

Understood
    They did ring me and ask if I was happy to which I said NO! The dealer employes a person to do that but I beet the buck stops there

A visit to the forums from the dealers should be taken as serious feedback for their benifit

Quote Originally Posted by tricache View Post
    Just a not people, please be careful "bagging" out dealers as Mazda does take a look at this site and more than likely so does some dealers.

I am not bagging - it is the truth, and the issue of the tire pressures were taken up with the dealer - no answers provided. The rotor issue is blatently unethical.

Agree with Tricache, some Dealer service centres are good and some are not so good, I guess it comes down to the indivudal doing the service and the service manager who run's the show. Syd_Chrome, with your particular dealer, you should definitely feedback to them the poor service and advise that you will be taking your business elsewhere as you're a paying customer and it's your right to choose!

FYI my rotors will need replacing soon, I've done over 50,000, my dealer advised it will probably be at the next service (60,000) and require pads too! I'll probably also go down the DBA path or similar.

Hope to see you on a cruise sometime mate
    Cheers
    Chris
    R36 - Just like an MPS6 except with a growly V6

Quote Originally Posted by tricache View Post

So telling the truth is bagging dealers is it???????
    Im sure Mazda would be happy to know what dealers arent performing to a certain standard........
    At the end of the day its the MAZDA name that will be tarnished by shoddy dealers, so anyting that can be done SHOULD be done..........

Blog Entries

have you called Mazda direct? Have you spoken to the heads of the departments?

I'm just saying posting on a forum complaining won't get very far in fixing a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by AD07 View Post
    So telling the truth is bagging dealers is it???????
    Im sure Mazda would be happy to know what dealers arent performing to a certain standard........
    At the end of the day its the MAZDA name that will be tarnished by shoddy dealers, so anyting that can be done SHOULD be done..........
    CES "SS" TBE | SURE "Aeros" SRI | SURE "Sidewinder" TIP | SURE "Return" Recirc Hose | CUSTOM "PWR Core" FMIC | Hypertech "Tuned" | Turbosmart "Atmo" BOV | MSD DashHawk | CP-e REM | SURE "Anchors" Shifter Bushings | JBR SSP and Weight | JBR Heavy Knob |Redline Hood Quick LIFT ELITE | TEIN "SS" Coilovers | Front - Rear HOTCHKIS Swaybars | Front - Rear DBA 4000 Slotted Rotors | A1RM Brake Pads | 18x8 +45 Tenzo-R Cuzco Black V1 | 235/40/18 Michelin Pilot Super Sport | Safe n' Sound baby Seat lol

Lovin' driving on the F3 every day!!!! NOT
    Blog Entries

I would have to tend to agree with some of the comments in regards to servicing In general and servicing at Mazda.
    Each time I get my car serviced I receive one of those surveys from Mazda and a phone call, and each time the same things happen.
    For example, although they are supposed to rotate the wheels each service it rarely gets done (I don't too upset as I usually rotate them myself every 5k)
    Each time they reduce the tyre pressures to something nowhere near what the placard says, and each time I pump them back up. I have complained each time about the clunky noises from the gearbox but all I get is "It's Normal"
    However it hasn't been as bad as a time when I had my SS serviced at Sutton's before driving to brisvegas, I got to Coffs when I had to fill up and noticed "water" leaking. Upon investigation it wasn't water but battery acid. Some tool (first year apprentice I guess) had topped up the "fluids" and filled the battery to the brim. As a result the battery overflowed and acid went everywhere. Luckily I was able to suck most of it out until it just covered the cells, washed under the bonnet with fresh water and continued on my way.
    When I returned to Sydney I visited the dealer and was able to get them to repaint under the bonnet......after a bit of discussion that is.

Bit off topic I know sorry.

http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/image...n/sign0006.gif
    2006 True Red Gen 1 3 MPS Sports.

ZOOM ZOOM ZZOOMZ

Corksport Stuff, Special Mazda 6 Horn

Ive had a few bad experiances with 1 particular mazda dealer in SA. Sadly, if you owned a standard Mazda 2 or 3 and went back to a dealer for wierd noises and vibrations and things like that you probably wouldnt get the whole 'ITS NORMAL' or 'WE CANT FIND ANYTHING' crap.
    Its a performance car.... Most performance car buyers get treated like crap from the dealers when it comes to warranty work and noises. Apparently im being finicky according to the dealers when i get way to much feedback through the steering wheel, im being finicky when i say that it sounds like there is air getting into the cabin when cruising, im being finicky when i say every time i take off the passenger side door trim vibrates loud enough to annoy you every time lol.

Fun hey

Im not bagging all dealers, im stating my experiences Cheers

---------- Post added at 07:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:25 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by tigamica350 View Post
    However it hasn't been as bad as a time when I had my SS serviced at Sutton's before driving to brisvegas, I got to Coffs when I had to fill up and noticed "water" leaking. Upon investigation it wasn't water but battery acid. Some tool (first year apprentice I guess) had topped up the "fluids" and filled the battery to the brim. As a result the battery overflowed and acid went everywhere. Luckily I was able to suck most of it out until it just covered the cells, washed under the bonnet with fresh water and continued on my way.
    When I returned to Sydney I visited the dealer and was able to get them to repaint under the bonnet......after a bit of discussion that is.
    WOW...
    At least you got it fixed

Current: 2002 Nissan S15 200SX SPEC R
    Previously: 2006 Mazda 6 MPS ,MY00 WRX CLUB SPEC EVO IV Hatch ,97' Nissan S14A 200sx, Nissan R34 GT-T, Nissan S12 Silvia

hmmm...bit of a worry about Regal Motors in Newey...thats where I usually go.

God I hate taking my car to any dealer these days....more of them are crap than good I have found over the years

I had an oil filter nearly fall off once after I got my car back from service! And I have also had a fair share of the 'what noise? we can't find anything' lines...pfft!

In the end all the dealers are the same - you have to try keep them honest.

I had brake problems on my MX-5 where I suddenly had nothing coming in to the last corner before the Wakefield straight. It went back to the servicing/selling dealer who charged me $130 to bleed the brakes (to no effect - I had bled them twice and had no improvement so hoped the dealer would also bleed the ABS unit - they didn't). Still no improvement - in fact downright dangerous. Eventually Mr Mazda had a look at the vehicle, agreed they were not OK and finally found the sliding pin on one caliper had siezed (I eventually found some of the other sliders extremely pitted - and noted they had used a new design sliding pin as replacement - 4 days in the shop) (pics added below fyi)

The Dealer Principal and I had words (tried to get my $130 back) and he told me that I was irresponsible taking the car onto a "Race" track in that condition (but he saw it fit for his w/shop to sign off the work and let me on the "Road"!). Needless - he refused to refund the money. I explained that enthusiasts need to be treated somewhat differently than the "average motorist" and he said to call him before I bring it in for a service. Well - guess what - it hasn't and will not go back there!!

As for the MPS6 - I forgot to give the new dealership my list of do's / don'ts so they rotated the wheels - now I have a vibration coming in just over 50 km/h on a trailing throttle (any ideas?)

As for the heavy clutch - I'm convinced now it is simply a matter of ergonomics - mostly resolved by dropping the brake pedal down 2 turns of the stop bolt (say 3mm if pitch is 1.5mm) and that makes it real easy and natural action for the left foot (ensuring free play on the actuator arm of course - ~1.5 turns). Seems simple - now swapping between cars is "user friendly" as is a much smoother pull away as one has far better control of the left leg!

And the part I nearly forgot - keep reminding the dealer thattheir action will either bring them business - or take it away! (Which is also a good time to hit them for a discount on the work done!)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RHS lower slider pin - note new style (2).jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	85.0 KB 
ID:	1242   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lower LHS slider pin showing significant pitting.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	88.1 KB 
ID:	1243  
    Last edited by IMMX5; 10-09-2009 at 11:20 PM.

Hey guys,

Let's try and remain constructive with this thread and post feedback on your service and/or talk directly to the dealer in question or send your concerns to Mazda - links below. Try not to "bag" out anyone please

Contact Mazda | Mazda Australia Zoom Zoom

Find a Dealer | Mazda Australia Zoom Zoom

Remember at the end of the day you are a customer purchasing goods or services from a business (in this case your dealer) and if you are not happy with the service provided then immediately provide feedback to the dealer without any emotion and keep it subjective. Because they are a business who relies on us (customers) to come back and generate income for them, so generally it is in their best interest to look after you!

Thanks
    Chris
    R36 - Just like an MPS6 except with a growly V6

Hi Syd_Chrome,
    Which dealership was that?

Blog Entries

Thanks Chris Exactly the kind of post/information I was looking to post.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast