User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mazda dealers are the experts! NOT

1. Default

The only issue I've had with dealer service is that the last time I took my RX8 in for a service, I had half a tank of fuel. When I got it back, I had a quarter tank. I know they take it for a drive, and I know my car eats fuel, but I still thought that was rather ridiculous.

Still, the service I have had from the service department at my dealer is pretty good. The dealers themselves... well, that's a completely different story! I'd never buy a car from them ever again.

Welcome to the New Age of Technitians..

Mechanics are no more!

thats forsure..

I have been trying to get a Rotational Clunk Sorted that occours in the exhaust tunnel / firewire vicinity.. under a situation where i turn left.

3 services and they still not solved it.

they always try to tell me its Stones getting Caught in the Rear Engine Mount...

Like **** it is...

I will crawl under the car this weekend hopefully and try to solve it myself once and for all.. because im sick of their insolents..

it really makes me wonder if the even change the oil and filters... like they say they do...

i was also shocked to read that the Spark plugs arent even Scheduled to be changed on the Mazda 3 Service Plan... only on the Mazda 6 at 100,000kms

im thinking yea maybe if i drove a shit box GLX or what ever the bottom end MAzda 3 is..

surely plugs need to be at 60,000kms????

3. Default

At the moment I cant complain.

They have looked after me.

They did scratch the car on its first service. Recently they have been really good in relation to my car...

Quote Originally Posted by Crusher_13 View Post

They did scratch the car on its first service. Recently they have been really good in relation to my car...
    No public feedback is allowed, please contact your dealer and let them know what a good job they doing

CES "SS" TBE | SURE "Aeros" SRI | SURE "Sidewinder" TIP | SURE "Return" Recirc Hose | CUSTOM "PWR Core" FMIC | Hypertech "Tuned" | Turbosmart "Atmo" BOV | MSD DashHawk | CP-e REM | SURE "Anchors" Shifter Bushings | JBR SSP and Weight | JBR Heavy Knob |Redline Hood Quick LIFT ELITE | TEIN "SS" Coilovers | Front - Rear HOTCHKIS Swaybars | Front - Rear DBA 4000 Slotted Rotors | A1RM Brake Pads | 18x8 +45 Tenzo-R Cuzco Black V1 | 235/40/18 Michelin Pilot Super Sport | Safe n' Sound baby Seat lol

I'm in the process of having my car properly assessed by real mechanics and engineers. I will be giving the feedback to Mazda about the clunkiness in my gearbox which they say is "normal", and they will be replacing my gearbox free of charge. In the event that they don't replace the gearbox, I will be standing outside the dealer everyday until they change their mind, informing potential buyers of the inevitable distress they face if they purchase from this dealer. Please note, I have 8 weeks of annual leave to prove a point how many weeks without a sale will it take?

Quote Originally Posted by mpsJOE View Post
    I'm in the process of having my car properly assessed by real mechanics and engineers. I will be giving the feedback to Mazda about the clunkiness in my gearbox which they say is "normal", and they will be replacing my gearbox free of charge. In the event that they don't replace the gearbox, I will be standing outside the dealer everyday until they change their mind, informing potential buyers of the inevitable distress they face if they purchase from this dealer. Please note, I have 8 weeks of annual leave to prove a point how many weeks without a sale will it take?

Hahahaha.....you are da man MPSJoe!!!
    CES "SS" TBE | SURE "Aeros" SRI | SURE "Sidewinder" TIP | SURE "Return" Recirc Hose | CUSTOM "PWR Core" FMIC | Hypertech "Tuned" | Turbosmart "Atmo" BOV | MSD DashHawk | CP-e REM | SURE "Anchors" Shifter Bushings | JBR SSP and Weight | JBR Heavy Knob |Redline Hood Quick LIFT ELITE | TEIN "SS" Coilovers | Front - Rear HOTCHKIS Swaybars | Front - Rear DBA 4000 Slotted Rotors | A1RM Brake Pads | 18x8 +45 Tenzo-R Cuzco Black V1 | 235/40/18 Michelin Pilot Super Sport | Safe n' Sound baby Seat lol

My car got a good 40000k service today Im very happy with the results lol

Lovin' driving on the F3 every day!!!! NOT
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tricache View Post
    Just a not people, please be careful "bagging" out dealers as Mazda does take a look at this site and more than likely so does some dealers.

Issues with dealers should be brought up with the dealer IMO
    Quote Originally Posted by shakespeare View Post
    Hey guys,

Let's try and remain constructive with this thread and post feedback on your service and/or talk directly to the dealer in question or send your concerns to Mazda - links below. Try not to "bag" out anyone please

Contact Mazda | Mazda Australia Zoom Zoom

Find a Dealer | Mazda Australia Zoom Zoom

Remember at the end of the day you are a customer purchasing goods or services from a business (in this case your dealer) and if you are not happy with the service provided then immediately provide feedback to the dealer without any emotion and keep it subjective. Because they are a business who relies on us (customers) to come back and generate income for them, so generally it is in their best interest to look after you!

Thanks
    Chris
    Quote Originally Posted by tricache View Post
    Thanks Chris Exactly the kind of post/information I was looking to post.
    Whilst I tend to agree that we should make our complaints direct to the dealers, as most of the posters seem to had done already. It is extremely frustrating and annoying when you make a legitimate complaint and very little action is done to rectify the problem.

It is even worse when some one like myself who has many years experience and knowledge of motor vehicle's and who has modified many different makes and models to have to push hard to get anyone other than an pimply faced apprentice to have a look and listen to it.

Without going out of my way to upset anyone on this public forum, it is just that a "public" forum and if the question/topic is asked then naturally there will be some adverse comments.

Chris, whilst it is in their best interests to keep the customer happy it is all about the bottom line........ the dollar. If they can put off acknowledging possible warranty defects before head office say to repair then they are a long way ahead. If the dealer can baffle with a bit of BS most people will think it's just their imagination.
    2006 True Red Gen 1 3 MPS Sports.

ZOOM ZOOM ZZOOMZ

Corksport Stuff, Special Mazda 6 Horn

9. Default

wow so my very first experience with poor dealer servicing is not an isolated event my complaint related to, at 12,500 kms read again 12 500 kms my first service, having my discs machined AND they charged me for it without even letting me know it was being done and it wasnt a warranty issue because of the way the car had been driven uMMMM yeah!!!!! like the performance car it was designed to be

Quote Originally Posted by tigamica350 View Post

Chris, whilst it is in their best interests to keep the customer happy it is all about the bottom line........ the dollar. If they can put off acknowledging possible warranty defects before head office say to repair then they are a long way ahead. If the dealer can baffle with a bit of BS most people will think it's just their imagination.
    So true! In my cases of warranty fixes the dealer has proved to be reluctant on some unless he can receive assurances from Mazda that they will pay them for the warranty work, as you said they need to make a profit, so unfortunately to those who do not chase the issue with the dealer, you will usually get fobbed off by some junior or the customer service people at the service desk.

If anyone ever feels that their dealer does not help out with issues then you should go further either to Mazda or the dealer principle, don't let them say no to you - be nice about it but remember you are the one who has spent thousands of dollars with them, in my case with recent warranty work, I subtly informed my service guys and the sales guys that my future decision to purchase another Mazda from them hinges on having my warranty work sorted. Not sure if this worked, but my issues are fixed (almost!)
    R36 - Just like an MPS6 except with a growly V6

I've got nothing in current times the Mazda has 27,000k's the normal service goes to GrandPrix at Aspley and every other 5000k's to Allstar Tuning to fiddle with it and go over it. They give me feed back from the race car and any issues like mounts etc they check mine. For example something become loose under the car at Oran park and last friday they check to see if mine was ok....

Quote Originally Posted by tigamica350 View Post
    Whilst I tend to agree that we should make our complaints direct to the dealers, as most of the posters seem to had done already. It is extremely frustrating and annoying when you make a legitimate complaint and very little action is done to rectify the problem.

It is even worse when some one like myself who has many years experience and knowledge of motor vehicle's and who has modified many different makes and models to have to push hard to get anyone other than an pimply faced apprentice to have a look and listen to it.

Without going out of my way to upset anyone on this public forum, it is just that a "public" forum and if the question/topic is asked then naturally there will be some adverse comments.

spot on

Worked in retail all my life my and had my own Harvey Norman store and in Retravision stores, helping people with there problems and keeping them happy just gave me more business I don't understand why other companys just don't do the same, word of mouth is the best advertisment. Go Figure now i'm part owner of a building company and our business is word of mouth. But I will say it can be the individual who can bring the name down not the company, sometimes you might get someone on a bad day and hey we are all human, maybe talk to someone different or go higher and be polite at all times.

Quote Originally Posted by IMMX5 View Post
    As for the heavy clutch - I'm convinced now it is simply a matter of ergonomics - mostly resolved by dropping the brake pedal down 2 turns of the stop bolt (say 3mm if pitch is 1.5mm) and that makes it real easy and natural action for the left foot (ensuring free play on the actuator arm of course - ~1.5 turns). Seems simple - now swapping between cars is "user friendly" as is a much smoother pull away as one has far better control of the left leg!

And the part I nearly forgot - keep reminding the dealer thattheir action will either bring them business - or take it away! (Which is also a good time to hit them for a discount on the work done!)

Would you recommend this adjustment if you 6MPS has had the "snatchy" clutch replaced under warranty?

15. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Crusher_13 View Post

+1 Crusher. Slaven Mazda are tops, they have always gone out their way to sort anything out I ask them to look at, give me loan cars for nothing if they need my car longer than they say. The last service it was even pouring down in the afternoon and they sent one of their guys down in a CX7 to my work to pick me up to get my car.

We brought both our MX5 and MPS6 there and they treat us both great, everytime you even pop in there to have a look what new cars are there the guys will come out and chat with you for ages. When I got my new wheels, I went there and a few of the sales guys came out and had a look and said it looked great ... they are awesome and I will definately be buying and servicing all my Mazdas there
    Taken my boring, bland, lame Subaru and my fat ass and driven off into the sunset with a smile on my face

16. Default

I never take my car into mazda servicing.. Everything is done via my trusted mechanic every 10,000km and i do a quick oil change every 5k. When there is a warranty issue (and trust me.. i've had plenty -_-").. i just go to the dealer and get it fixed.

My first warranty was claim was a camber defect on my rear left wheel. Rockdale mazda was soo confident that it was me even though the car had only done 5000km -_-". [they didnt repair it and instead charged me $90 for "looking" at the car]. Another incident was my Wheel bearing being stuffed. Rockdale Mazda said they couldnt find shit and wasted basically 4 hrs to tell me that. [JN Mazda fixed it up within 2 hrs -_-]

SInce then, i've NEVER gone back and i've always goen to John Newell Mazda @ Waterloo. They've fixed everything i've thrown at them from my Transmission leak to CV joints to my most recent engine mount. The service people behind the desk are also great as they are actual mechanics and dont talk BS to you [well. a couple of them are mechanics.. others are just monkeys]

So yeh.. not all dealers are crappy. My GF's car is actualy regularly serviced at JN Mazda since new and they've taken good care of the car.

---------- Post added at 10:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 AM ----------

**I did let HQ know how angry i was at Rockdale Mazda and them failing to find faults.. nothing has been done.

Quote Originally Posted by foxy View Post
    Would you recommend this adjustment if you 6MPS has had the "snatchy" clutch replaced under warranty?
    Abso - bloody - lutely! The clutch is now a very natural action, pull off is smooth as!

Remember - try it - if you don't like it then just revert to what you had - but I bet you wont...!

Quote Originally Posted by Syd_Chrome View Post
    Hi Guys and Gals,

I recently had my much loved MPS6 in for it's 18 month service (My car has done 25K) at my dealer. During the day, I was called by the service manager who told me that they have discovered that my front brake discs were dangerously close to their minimum limit and need replacing asap. When I was given the price of $500, I thought I would rather have some quality aftermarket rotors and politefully declined their offer. Also, having owned many cars from new, I thought stuffed rotors after only 25K very unusual.

The next day, I noticed that my tires appeared a little lower than normal and after checking I realised they had been let down from the 38 PSI I had them set (checked only days before) to 32 PSI. I returned them to the specified 38 PSI. The dealer called me that day to ask if I was happy with the service. I asked them if they had checked the tire pressures, and they assured me they always check and set them. I asked my self if they couldn't get the tire pressures right, what else have they done incorrectly ?

A few days later, I took my car into a local mechanic who checked the rotors and has said they are about half worn and should be good for another 25,000 Km according to Mazda specifications.
    Consequently, I am never taking my car back to a dealer for anything except warranty work - after which I will have my local mechanic check.

I am sick of these practices in the industry and the tire pressure issue just shows that you pay extra for Mazda dealer expertise, but do not get it.
    know what you are saying i done my 80k on the weekend. they said i need disc to be machined and new pads in the next 5k? im like i just replaced my rotors 10k ago???

they seem to think you will get brake shudder if you dont replace them when you change pads!!

il happy just get my dad to change my pads over..
    2005 Mazda MPS6 Radiant Ebony Luxury-Pack

i have mixed results with different dealers!!
    some total monkeys the others very respectful!!

Quote Originally Posted by MPS2NV View Post
    Understood
    They did ring me and ask if I was happy to which I said NO! The dealer employes a person to do that but I beet the buck stops there

A visit to the forums from the dealers should be taken as serious feedback for their benifit
    yea they called me today i told her to go and speak to the service manager and ask him why my transfer case leak wasnt fixed when car was under warranty of course now its out of warranty and the are happy to bring it up
    2005 Mazda MPS6 Radiant Ebony Luxury-Pack

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast