User Tag List

Thread: New MAZDA CX-9 range to hit Australian shores

Blog Entries

Default New MAZDA CX-9 range to hit Australian shores

New MAZDA CX-9 range to hit Australian shores

Mazda Australia has confirmed it will add an all-new range-topping model to its upgraded CX-9 line-up due to hit Australian shores in September.

To coincide with the release of its facelifted Mazda CX-9, which will bring both styling and equipment upgrades, Mazda will add a feature packed Grand Touring model to its crossover, seven-seat SUV range.

The addition of the new CX-9 Grand Touring means customers looking for a seven-seat SUV now have more choice than ever. Completing the new CX-9 range are the CX-9 Classic and CX-9 Luxury models which have proven popular with the Australian public since their introduction in 2007.

The CX-9 range continues to be powered by a refined 3.7 litre V6 24-valve DOHC petrol engine which delivers maximum power of 204kW @ 6,250 rpm and maximum torque of 367Nm @ 4,250 rpm. A six-speed Activematic transmission mated to Mazda’s Active Torque Split AWD system ensures that Zoom-Zoom is an integral part of the CX-9 experience.

Fuel economy has now been improved to just 12.2 litres per 100km and emissions remain compliant with Euro Stage IV regulations.

Pricing and full specifications will be released in the coming weeks.

The Range
    CX-9 Classic 6-speed Activematic
    CX-9 Luxury 6-speed Activematic
    CX-9 Grand Touring 6-speed Activematic

[Source: Mazda Australia]

2014 Mk7 Golf R | DSG | Reflex Silver | Leather | Drive Assist | Bi-Xenon Headlights
    1981 Lincoln Town Car | Auto | 80s Cream | 90s brown interior | 5.0L V8 | Currently no working headlights

If I was after a family mini van SUV this would be on the top of the list even if I wasn't a loyal Mazda fan...

Nearly bought one for the extending family but ended up with a real 4wd the Pajero. But i have friends who have them and are very unhappy with the fuel ecomony 17-18ltrs per 100k's sometimes higher and it should be around 14.5 but i have noticed the new one is suppose to be better at 12.2ltrs say 15-16ltrs..... Told him to put a ecu and exhaust and it should improve the ecomony

HID lights dam it.
    Most dissapointing part of my current cx9 is no hid from factory

Quote Originally Posted by PerthMPS View Post
    HID lights dam it.
    Most dissapointing part of my current cx9 is no hid from factory

Hows your fuel comsumption, if you mine me asking...... I know they are a beautiful car to drive but the chalk n cheese didn't like it and my friends weren't happy with the fuel...

Quote Originally Posted by 240MPS View Post
    Nearly bought one for the extending family but ended up with a real 4wd the Pajero. But i have friends who have them and are very unhappy with the fuel ecomony 17-18ltrs per 100k's sometimes higher and it should be around 14.5 but i have noticed the new one is suppose to be better at 12.2ltrs say 15-16ltrs..... Told him to put a ecu and exhaust and it should improve the ecomony
    I'd buy one too if I had more kids than I do!

Fuel economy? It is a two tonne beast and if you have a heavy right foot then economy tends to disappear from the vocabulary
    R36 - Just like an MPS6 except with a growly V6

Quote Originally Posted by shakespeare View Post
    I'd buy one too if I had more kids than I do!

Fuel economy? It is a two tonne beast and if you have a heavy right foot then economy tends to disappear from the vocabulary
    I just read the wheels book last night before I hit the pillow and the fuel economy should be 13ltr per hundred not 14.5ltr's what I put down that's a difference of 4 to 5ltr's difference and my mate is not lead foot?????. With the Pajero I would assume it would be a heavier car and I'm getting around 12 to 14ltrs and the motor has only just being run in, it had it's first 7,500 service... I've not long went 4wdriving at Rover Park near Tennerfield in NSW and from just under 1/2 tank drove 340k's which I thought was great, and when I got into Arana Hills I filled up and the trip meter gave me 830k's to empty which would be under 10ltr's per hundred for a V6 petrol....

8. Default

Hey 240MPS,

Our CX-9 gets consistently between 13-15L/100km, depending on how hard we drive it, and the driving conditions. It has NEVER been more than 15L/100km. Currently, it doesn't really get very much highway travel. Mainly low speed (<50km/h) short trips (<5mins) which involve a bit of uphill travel and stops and starts.We usually get between 450-500kms per tank, before the light comes on. Its got a 76L tank, but at the bowser it only usually needs 70L or less until full. So theres quite a bit of reserve fuel left in there.

On the highway though, I've managed to get it below 10L/100km at on stage. Its usually between 10-11L/100km when crusing at the speed limit.

The consumption isn't that bad, considering the power and responsiveness of the engine. Whenever i drive it, i find its just impossible to drive it like a granny. For a big SUV, its just too much fun to keep your right foot down.

BTW, how is the pajero (ride, handling, engine responsiveness etc)? And if you've driven a CX9 before, how would you compare it with the Pajero? (:-P i know you can't really compare a proper 4wd with a crossover suv, but still). I've always kinda liked 4wd's, but i've never had the chance to be in or drive a pajero before.
    Last edited by Blink_me192; 10-09-2009 at 08:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blink_me192 View Post
    Hey 240MPS,

Our CX-9 gets consistently between 13-15L/100km, depending on how hard we drive it, and the driving conditions. It has NEVER been more than 15L/100km. Currently, it doesn't really get very much highway travel. Mainly low speed (<50km/h) short trips (<5mins) which involve a bit of uphill travel and stops and starts.We usually get between 450-500kms per tank, before the light comes on. Its got a 76L tank, but at the bowser it only usually needs 70L or less until full. So theres quite a bit of reserve fuel left in there.

On the highway though, I've managed to get it below 10L/100km at on stage. Its usually between 10-11L/100km when crusing at the speed limit.

The consumption isn't that bad, considering the power and responsiveness of the engine. Whenever i drive it, i find its just impossible to drive it like a granny. For a big SUV, its just too much fun to keep your right foot down.

BTW, how is the pajero (ride, handling, engine responsiveness etc)? And if you've driven a CX9 before, how would you compare it with the Pajero? (:-P i know you can't really compare a proper 4wd with a crossover suv, but still). I've always kinda liked 4wd's, but i've never had the chance to be in or drive a pajero before.
    I'm not to sure what my mates are doing with there comsumption got me buggered. I haven't driven the Cx-7 or Cx-9 I really wanted to get the Cx-9 one of the owners at Grand Prix mazda as had 24" rims and the front end done up with aftermarket trims just looks awesome, and my lady just didn't like it in any way it was a good decision because the kids enjoyed 4wdriving so we had to consider the kids in the equation... The new 4wd's are very comfortable we have the VRX model but I'm sure the Cx-9 would be more car like feel, must take one for a drive. At the end of the day the 4wd will do more than just carry 6 people in it, the kids enjoyed Rover Park 4wdriving in July.

Blog Entries

What is the average fuel econ of the Paj? Fair enough the CX7 & CX9 have a fairly high fuel econ, they are running turbo charged motors and they are hardly a light car. I honestly really like the crossovers

Well the Cx-7 should be 11.5ltrs and the Cx-9 should be 13ltrs and the Pajero V6 is 13.5ltrs so in all they are much for much the Cx-9 weighs in at 2080kgs and the Pajero weighs in at 2210kgs. I'm getting better than 13.5ltrs per hundred we drive it like we have kids in it. Not to good when your 4wdriving ......

Blog Entries

...and I could hardly imagine seeing a CX7 or 9 at the local 4WD park

Quote Originally Posted by tricache View Post
    ...and I could hardly imagine seeing a CX7 or 9 at the local 4WD park
    Not what I was driving through got some scratches in the mean time, I think if they couldn't get a crane in to get it out it will still be sitting there maybe turn it into a cabin to sleep in. Halfway home

Blog Entries

new factory option....Mazda CrossOver Caravan

to answer the earlier question I get about 13.8l/100km. That meets my expectations

That's not to bad like I said to one of my mates on Wednesday who's getting 17 to 18ltrs, was to look at a better exhaust system and look at a ecu to gain better fuel results. I was looking to put a ecu in the Pajero for better fuel results but since I picked up the new car on the 19th of dec 2008 we have only covered 8000k's and that included a 1000k trip to rover park and back, need to justify the up front costs to how long it will take to recoup....

i went and checked out a new gt at melville mazda. Not to many changes, nice additions such as hid, power tailgate, keyless entry & start (altho the start is a fob in the ignition rather than push button). Front styling is about the only external changes and it doesn't look to bad in the flesh.

The lid of the centre console is different tho, it opens down the middle hinging along the side of the front seats (rather than hinging at the rear).

I thought the power tailgate would be a bit of a w@nk feature, however having seen it work i like it.
    Timbo

14 Mazda BT50 xt Boss Kit
    13 Volvo XC60 R-Design
    10 VR 3 Neo
    08 CX9 Luxury (sold)
    09 VR 3 MPS Luxury (sold)