User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New HSV range

Have you guys seen the other new HDT? AWFUL.. absolutly AWFUL

Last edited by shakespeare; 11-09-2009 at 11:16 PM.

Blog Entries

what are they thinking with those rims!!!!

very tacky.....so much for a taxi.

Quote Originally Posted by MattMPS3 View Post
    You can post twice as many letters in the HSV bonnet

Express Post?
    2015 Audi S3 | MTX | Sedan | Sepang Blue | Sunroof | SPP1 | Assistance Package | BW - Week 17 | Delivery June/July '15... Hopefully...

Help support OzMPSClub - Become a VIP Member today! - Click here for more details...

Blog Entries

the ass on the senator is terrible.

I love the Audi theory on led lights, but they seem to added on and not intergrated on the hsv

HSV have never integrated anything. The styling of every car they've made since they began in 1988 has been atrocious. Which is quite an achievement given that I've always liked the appearance of Holdens own SS, which BTW often had more equipment and better performance than the HSV equivalent.

???????????????. It was all about the performance more than anything else.... and of course the handling..

Quote Originally Posted by kmh001 View Post
    HSV have never integrated anything. The styling of every car they've made since they began in 1988 has been atrocious. Which is quite an achievement given that I've always liked the appearance of Holdens own SS, which BTW often had more equipment and better performance than the HSV equivalent.
    Would have to say the VNSS GROUP A was a pretty tough car in its day though.......

Absolutely. It was a tough car, but was seriously let down in the handling department by the narrow-track VN platform. Coming from a string of Holden's that were all used for club racing, including two Group A's, I'm probably overly critical of HSV for failing to produce a single car that had the performance to be competitive at the track.

Compare that to the 1985 VK Group A. Motor magazine took it to Oran Park, as they did with cars in those days, straight out of the box, even with a cork up its arse thanks to the silly six-cylinder exhaust they grafted onto the back to get it past the noise limit, Motor reported that it lapped quicker than any other car they had tested there. Those were the days.

And when it comes to styling, HSV is nothing short of an automotive tragedy. Mention the term bogan car and people automatically conjure up an image of something that looks like a HSV. And it seems that bogan has its equivalent in other countries. I was driving an american friend around one day and we pulled up next to a HSV at the lights. She goes "oh my god what's that!". I wont repeat what she said next because it was kind of racist, but it's sad that an Australian car maker is producing cars that can make you feel a little embarrassed to be Aussie. I don't recall any of Brock's cars having their styling criticised (except for the VL Director that HSV failed miserably trying to copy), and I certainly never felt embarrassed driving them.
    Last edited by kmh001; 11-09-2009 at 11:01 AM.

Gone to Volvo

I miss my 85 VK Brock Calais, but most of all I miss my HSV GTO's I had, 'not for long'looking for a good one in the new year. I nearly bought the Group A VN that was used in the cannon ball run serviced by Leach Holden at Windsor in Brisbane for $50,000 back in 1995. I was suppose to have it for a weekend because I new the owners of the dealership but work commitments stopped me and that's the weekend the the co driver in the cannon ball run was killed in the mondeo on the race track and I never bought it, because it was a omen something was telling me not to buy it, it went to someone in Sydney after I got my deposit back.... The bloke who was killed name has slipped my mine I'm sure some of you might remember Left Hand drive Mondeo T-Boned and if it was Right hand drive he would be still alive today. Freak accident....
    Last edited by 240MPS; 11-09-2009 at 11:14 AM.

Blog Entries

Back in the day when the Commodore and Falcon were great "out of the box" race cars....how far have they fallen?

Quote Originally Posted by AD07 View Post
    Would have to say the VNSS GROUP A was a pretty tough car in its day though.......
    For the record the VN SS Group A was NOT built under the HSV marque, it was a Holden special build to meet the 500 homologation cars requred for Bathurst participation, which was later allowed to run after 300 were built due to the "recession we had to have".
    HSVs offering at the time was the SV5000 (which was only available in auto).....my old man used to own one, the Group A, not the SV.
    Nearly all men can stand adversity. But if you want to test a man's character - give him power.
    Abraham Lincoln

Good to see you know your stuff.... And for the record we both didn't mention it was a HSV.... It was just a flash back for me and the fact that I'm trying to remember the name of that person who was killed in that race. Bugging me now....

More so directed at Ads comment was quoting a comment re: the HSV brand.

Fun car none the less, my first lesson in overtaking was in that car, on my L's driving down the Sth Coast on a family holiday, the car I overtook had my Mum & sister in it,

"Now when I say its clear jam it in 3rd and floor it past your Mum."

Mum was shocked to say the least......me, I was grinning like an idiot for hours, still makes me smile thinking about it.

Just .... I did something similar in my SLR 5000 with mum, went to do a u turn and down a side street I did two big dirty donuts in the middle of webster rd in Stafford only because I put to much into the first u turn so I went around again forgetting I had mum in the car for that split second and the grin on her face is still tattoo into my memory to this day....

I my gawd...

Quote Originally Posted by nissanman View Post
    Have you guys seen the other new HDT? AWFUL.. absolutly AWFUL

What's with the VC rear spoiler throw that in the bin, don't mind the wheels, I would have to make sure I got air ducting to the brakes and change the exhaust tips to the 1 pce oval tip similar to the GT's.

I'd prefer HSV to do something like this with their new models, keep it clean and simple. Leave the 4 doors for SS's and make HSV's special not boganmobiles!

Last edited by shakespeare; 11-09-2009 at 11:17 PM.

I'm with you,when my lastest wheels mag arrived in September with the cv8,camaro and the coupe60 on the front page my thoughts were that they were going to produce the coupe60 and develope the HSV version but not, hench now I'm looking for a mint condition GTO/GTS Coupe in the new year.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast