User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fifth Gear Car Wash Test

Default Fifth Gear Car Wash Test

Before anyone takes their car to a car wash. Suggest you watch this short presentation first.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PZjWkB_q2lE&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PZjWkB_q2lE&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Yeah thats an oldie but a good one .....Sqeegee FTL

3. Default

on the way back from a muddy drive i'll give the car a hose down with the pressure washers btu thats it....

but i'l never forget seeing this guy in a new black accord having an argument with the car wash attendant......even from a distance I could see MAJOR scratches in big swirl paterns across his bonnet and doors...i almost felt sorry for him...haha

What a waste of the wax BTW i'd kill for a layer of that on my beast

Interesting!!!!!!!!!

hmmmm!!!

so if im not to use a sponge, what should i use?

I know when Mr Nasa ( Antony ) was detailing my car they use these special cloths for a waterless wash, there must be a cloth that you can buy with water help me out Mr Nasa ( Antony )..

Quote Originally Posted by PerthMPS View Post
    so if im not to use a sponge, what should i use?
    A wash mitt.

Some sponges are ok though, just not the ones you find at Super Cheap for 50 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by ZAS View Post
    A wash mitt.

Some sponges are ok though, just not the ones you find at Super Cheap for 50 cents.
    Thanks Joel

Default Errr.

Im going to buy a water tank and wash my car at home after seeing that video!

No surprises there. I just keep my car well polished and then give a going over with the high pressure hoses regularly and shammy it. Keeps it nice and clean and no scratches. If you go through one of those old car washes or use a broom on it you deserve what you get.

Quote Originally Posted by 240MPS View Post
    I know when Mr Nasa ( Antony ) was detailing my car they use these special cloths for a waterless wash, there must be a cloth that you can buy with water help me out Mr Nasa ( Antony )..
    hahahaha!!
    hhhmmmm... ZAS is right!!
    you need to spend good money to get the good clothes!! AAANNND dont go to super cheap. there ccrraaapp!!
    thick ply clothes are the best! they are softer and hold and catch more dirt! and use heaps of them too!! i sell only the best! but im sure you will find thm in specalty stores too!!

Autoshine works only on certain dirty cars!
    if you take off to Land crusier park, i cant do anything but high pressure hose.
    i like to detail and maintain the cleaner city driven cars!!
    if used correctly Autoshines finish will blow the water finish away!!
    '
    'BRISBANE AUTOSHINE' MOBILE CAR DETAILING
    1300 35 65 95
    0406 427 269
    antony@autoshine.com.au
    www.autoshine.com.au
    GIFT VOUCHERS AND CLUB DISCOUNTS AVAILABLE**

it was only an Astra.....

so hand wash would have one if they hadnt used that crazy squeegy thing on the paint work. damn that even looked hardcore!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TheJunglist View Post
    so hand wash would have one if they hadnt used that crazy squeegy thing on the paint work. damn that even looked hardcore!!!
    Yep. Seems if they had of dried it with a waffle weave they would have won. I havnt seen the squeege in action round Sydney, its usually old chamois

One thing to take note of when you get your car serviced at the ever praised Mazda dealers of our world, is that they use "the broom" to wash your car after the service, so it looks like they've actually serviced it. I'm convinced that the people in the service department hate me for not accepting their useless mechanics, as I clearly wrote in big writing "DO NOT WASH", but hey, they still washed it! How's that for service?

18. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Team Green View Post
    it was only an Astra.....

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH TG FTW!

That was a surprising outcome, especially since alot of petrol stations are now getting the DIY thing with the brushes and jets

there was a line at the Mobil garage around the corner from work for the car wash

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast