User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tuning Results and dyno graphs

1. Default Tuning Results and dyno graphs

Stock standard Mazda 3 MPS with ChipTorque flash Tune. +23kW in power at the wheels and an extra 60Nm of torque at the flywheel

Worked Mazda 3 MPS
    Mods include:
    CES SRI, coverted to CAI
    CES twin DP and full 3" SS system
    Custom turbo manifold
    Custom FMIC
    K-Sport coil-overs
    RX-8 Rims in flat black
    ChipTorque Flash Tune = 203.5kw @ 16 psi

follow us on twitter - http://twitter.com/chiptorque

Thanks Chiptorque. Very informative dyno charts

Any 6MPS Dyno charts?- (ive seen the one you released of the Chiptorque 6MPS with the 'Mazda' update with only nm on the graph)
    -Stock vs Stock (flash tune)
    -K&N Air filter insert and flash tune results

I notice boost levels at Max power are both at about 13-14psi...
    With your FLASH TUNE are you able to get a stable 15-16psi through till 4,900-6,000rpm?
    Are these all tuned on 98oct fuel?

Thankyou,
    Last edited by nissanman; 08-09-2009 at 06:35 PM.

Current: 2002 Nissan S15 200SX SPEC R
    Previously: 2006 Mazda 6 MPS ,MY00 WRX CLUB SPEC EVO IV Hatch ,97' Nissan S14A 200sx, Nissan R34 GT-T, Nissan S12 Silvia

The modded car was tuned with 98 octane.

I think the turbo is the issue regarding boost (too small) and possibly the cams.

The bottom flash tune shows the boost being held @16psi for some time and only dropping to 13.5psi after 5200rpm where most std cars drop off in power anyway.

Personally, I try to shift at 5000-5300rpm anyway. My ETs have dropped by doing this.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by nissanman View Post

Any 6MPS Dyno charts?- (ive seen the one you released of the Chiptorque 6MPS with the 'Mazda' update with only nm on the graph)

I notice boost levels at Max power are both at about 13-14psi...
    With your FLASH TUNE are you able to get a stable 15-16psi through till 4,900-6,000rpm?
    Are these all tuned on 98oct fuel?

Thankyou,
    The boost drops off due to turbocharger efficiency, so no, we have not been able to hold the boost in the top end with the standard turbo. On the modded vehicle our tuners were unable to go higher than 16psi, we are working on increasing the boost for this vehicle once it returns for a retune for the new turbo. Yes both these vehicle's were tuned for 98 octane fuel.

Leah @ CT

Blog Entries

Awesome results

Great to see a Site Supporter putting up some great info like this

Maybe we can organise a Dyno/Information day in the future

I am planning on getting a Chiptorque flash tune done on my MPS6 after the exhaust and SRI go in (1.5 weeks to go). Not sure if I want to go to the extra expense of getting it dynoed at chiptorque before the exhaust goes in to set a true 'standard' baseline.

Does anyone know how much it costs for just a dynorun to establish a baseline? I assume I would have to get it done at Chiptorque so as to eliminate variations between dynos.

Quote Originally Posted by ChipTorque View Post
    The boost drops off due to turbocharger efficiency, so no, we have not been able to hold the boost in the top end with the standard turbo. On the modded vehicle our tuners were unable to go higher than 16psi, we are working on increasing the boost for this vehicle once it returns for a retune for the new turbo. Yes both these vehicle's were tuned for 98 octane fuel.

Leah @ CT
    Thanks for the answers

Turbocharger efficiency maxed at 16psi?...Looking at the Compressor map for the K04-2280 (correct me if im wrong on the MPS turbo )
    its well within its range at 16-17psi...

Seems to be around the 19psi mark where it loses it efficiency

Thanks again.

Previously: 2006 Mazda 6 MPS ,MY00 WRX CLUB SPEC EVO IV Hatch ,97' Nissan S14A 200sx, Nissan R34 GT-T, Nissan S12 Silvia

It could be the wastegate actuator that is maxed out, using the factory electronic boost controller that is.

I am discussing the actuator/aftermarket elec boost controller issue with them.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by tricache View Post
    Awesome results

Great to see a Site Supporter putting up some great info like this

Maybe we can organise a Dyno/Information day in the future
    For sure, ChipTorque host car clubs for Saturday dyno days on occassions so an event like this for the Oz MPS Club can be arranged. I will put some thought into the information demonstation and let you guys know. Any suggestions are welcomed as to the type of information you may be wanting to know (aside from the obvious product and service info).

Leah @ CT

Blog Entries

Thanks Leah I know Doug and Ward organised a infomation day a while back at Fulcrum Suspension and it was an awesome day so the same thing at CT would be great

Quote Originally Posted by tricache View Post
    Thanks Leah I know Doug and Ward organised a infomation day a while back at Fulcrum Suspension and it was an awesome day so the same thing at CT would be great
    +1 for sure
    Achievements
    2009 Jamboree Street Compact Winner
    Aust. Quickest and Fastest MPS
    12.3 seconds @ 111Mph.
    Proven over the Qtr mile

Another Mazda 3 MPS - Almost fully bolted - Waiting for a turbo upgrade - The weekend hack.
    Toyota Yaris - Coilovers, rollcage, raceseats, harnesses, 18s - Also waiting for a turbo upgrade.
    2011 AWD Territory - White and Slightly lowered on 22s - The tow car.
    2011 RWD Territory - Black on black and slammed on 22s - The family transporter.

Blog Entries

Already put a EOI thread up in the cruise section mate

CT, with torque increase up by 60nm on stock thats enough for more to drive across the Nullabour for. BIG THANKS for the info!!

our turbos dont hold boost either......and they are so small with a custom tune anything more than `16psi is just blowing hot air.

speaking of which

just got the xr5 back with some meaty editions..........

would love a crack at ur time 2xs TBA

15. Default

The standard turbo's are efficient up to 18psi, check the flow chats on the turbo.
    as for the closed loop system on these, the wastegate & solenoid work fine, right you to a semi race spec, with the right map.The tri-point setting takes a bit of mucking round, but once as its right there's no going back to a stock tune.

Quote Originally Posted by mpsgarage View Post
    The standard turbo's are efficient up to 18psi, check the flow chats on the turbo.
    as for the closed loop system on these, the wastegate & solenoid work fine, right you to a semi race spec, with the right map.The tri-point setting takes a bit of mucking round, but once as its right there's no going back to a stock tune.
    Why would you want to go back? I've voided most of my warranty anyway.
    Achievements
    2009 Jamboree Street Compact Winner
    Aust. Quickest and Fastest MPS
    12.3 seconds @ 111Mph.
    Proven over the Qtr mile

Another Mazda 3 MPS - Almost fully bolted - Waiting for a turbo upgrade - The weekend hack.
    Toyota Yaris - Coilovers, rollcage, raceseats, harnesses, 18s - Also waiting for a turbo upgrade.
    2011 AWD Territory - White and Slightly lowered on 22s - The tow car.
    2011 RWD Territory - Black on black and slammed on 22s - The family transporter.

17. Default

Quote Originally Posted by nissanman View Post

CT or anyone else with this flash tune. Obviously this would increase acceleration further but has anyone tracked a 0-100kmph out of curiosity?

Quote Originally Posted by mpsgarage View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ChipTorque View Post
    Thanks Chiptorque. (seems like a healthy figure)

As stated earlier, i agree with mpsgarage, turbo efficiency cant be the cause.
    Any ideas on this?

20. Default

Here's another 6 MPS for comparison, with a healthier power firgure! Something of note if you are looking at the modifications of this vehicle, the design of the Hyperflow CAI means that the vehicle's intake air temperatures after driving on the road was significantly hotter than what we've seen on the dyno. When considering this type of upgrade, select a cold air intake designed to fit as close to the headlight or inner guard. This will achieve cooler and more consistent cold air intake temperatures.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast