User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tuning Results and dyno graphs

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ChipTorque View Post
    We were actually unsure of the fuel type as the customer had literally just purchased the car from a car yard, modified it then drove to ChipTorque for a tune. The fuel was from the car yard, so I would think that would mean it's unlikely that'd be 98 octane.

Leah @ CT
    Jeez yet again I wish I had that much money
    Not Gone...just "busy"
    Quote Originally Posted by Street Road Laino
    It's not blue screen of death Kent, it's Auora Blue screen of death

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Nuliaj View Post
    Why does this Gen 2 MPS3 dyno fall off so much after 5500 rpm compared to the other MPS3 or MPS6 dyno?
    I would say it's due to air flow restrictions. Probably the first step to improve would be an exhaust upgrade, we haven't seen this mod on a Gen 2 as yet so it would be interesting to see how it improves the top end power.
    follow us on twitter - http://twitter.com/chiptorque

Quote Originally Posted by ChipTorque View Post
    I would say it's due to air flow restrictions. Probably the first step to improve would be an exhaust upgrade, we haven't seen this mod on a Gen 2 as yet so it would be interesting to see how it improves the top end power.
    In post #31 you have a dyno of a Gen 2 with only an air filter, BPV and xede that doesn't experience that problem. Considering the other dyno had a SRI, you would imagine the SRI one would run better.
    Nuliaj: Hatches are only really half a car anyway.
    shinslinger66: And you forgot to add that they are also a girls car!

4. Default Technical Response

The boost drops off in the top end of the vehicle with the CES SRI due to leaving the mixtures slightly richer, as this is our mail order base tune and needs to be safe. The other vehicle has a custom tune for that car. The way the XEDE works is by manipulating the input signals into the std PCM. The XEDE controls fuel requirements on an MPS via modifying the MAF(Mass airflow signal). On your vehicles this has four effects:
    · Changing the AFR mixture
    · Increasing or decreasing timing due to the PCM receiving a lower or higher load signals
    · Increasing or decreasing throttle opening due to the internal torque calculation of the PCM
    · Increasing or decreasing boost due to the internal torque calculation of the PCM

In the majority of cars we reduce the MAF signal to lean the mixtures and increase the timing. At the same time because the PCM believes there is less airflow it will increase its main torque variables (throttle angle and boost) hence the difference between the two cars.

Hope this helps
    Cheers Rob

WOW, so much involved in tuning a modern car.

I remember the days when it was fuel and timing that where the only things to worry about.

6. Default

Why does this Gen 2 MPS3 dyno fall off so much after 5500 rpm compared to the other MPS3 or MPS6 dyno?
    Given that this is an Xede tune only I would have thought the issue would be the throttle plate closing down at 5500 rpm. The graph shape looks fairly typical where there is no TP control.You can clearly see the difference in the graph showing where CT has done the flash tune. See my last graph from a Gen 1 MPS:

Dyno.pdf

That was kinda what I was thinking too.

Have there been any better readings for an mps6??195kw+??Thanks

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic3MPS View Post
    Given that this is an Xede tune only I would have thought the issue would be the throttle plate closing down at 5500 rpm. The graph shape looks fairly typical where there is no TP control.You can clearly see the difference in the graph showing where CT has done the flash tune. See my last graph from a Gen 1 MPS:

Dyno.pdf
    The question asked was replied on the perspective of comparing a late model 3 MPS with and without an SRI (that is how we understood it). Both vehicle's were tuned with an XEDE so they will both be experiencing the throttle plate closing.

Leah @ CT

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by esp22 View Post
    Have there been any better readings for an mps6??195kw+??Thanks
    This is the most power we have seen from a 6 MPS. This was tuned with the XEDE Processor

I'm just trying to understand this, but the custom tune is dynoing lower than the off the shelf? Now I know it's not about peak power, as it's the total area under the curve which determines how much usable power there is, but I would've thought a custom tune would have a higher potential than the safer off the shelf?

12. Default

Hhhm.... red lines on both dyno graphs are 'As Driven' which means the power with modifications prior to XEDE install and tune. Blue lines on both dyno graphs are with a custom tuned XEDE Processor. Top graph displays power and torque (bottom 2 lines are the torque). Bottom graph displays power and boost (bottom 2 lines are for boost).

Vehicle had a starting peak power of less than 170kW ATW, with an end result of 192kW ATW. This is a gain of about 20-25kW from the XEDE Processor and custom tune.

Make sense??

Leah @ CT
    Last edited by ChipTorque; 03-03-2010 at 12:48 PM. Reason: wrong word!

Yup I can see both cars 'As Driven' around ~165kw, but your custom tune is dynoing less than the off the shelf - 185kw vs 195kw?

What are you asuming the standard power level is? The graph is showing it's 165kW.

so a xede processor with a custom tune will provide more power than just a custom flash tune?How much would a xede processor with custom tune cost?and was that to pete's red mps...feel free to pm prices

Thanks

16. Default

Yup I can see both cars 'As Driven' around ~165kw, but your custom tune is dynoing less than the off the shelf - 185kw vs 195kw?
    I am having trouble following your comparison. Please advise me the post #'s where the graphs you are comparing are, so that I can reply. Thanks.

17. Default

Recent Custom Flash Tune on a 2006 3 MPS with CES turbo back exhaust and short ram intake

---------- Post added at 03:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:14 PM ----------

Recent Custom Flash Tune on a Mazda 6 MPS with CES turbo back exhaust and short ram intake

mmm....that 6 MPS dyno run looks familiar.

Thanks to Leah and Chiptorque boys for the good work.

19. Default

Mazda 3 MPS with CES short ram intake, muffler upgrade and chipTorque Flash Tune

Gee I bet they feel that last tune when they left that day.. 120kw to 184kw is a massive improvement.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast