User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tuning Results and dyno graphs

Quote Originally Posted by nissanman View Post
    As stated earlier, i agree with mpsgarage, turbo efficiency cant be the cause.
    Any ideas on this?
    You can't just say "Turbo is efficient to 18PSI". Sure it might be that efficient when it's only flowing a relatively small amount of air, but as the revs increase, and the amount of air flowing increases, the pressure it can push while still remaining efficient drops off. The Standard turbo is DRASTICALLY too small for the MZR engine to make good power in the top end. Mazda have deliberately made it so small so that it has a lot of torque down low. The cars go so well in the lower rev range because the turbo is so small. You will not tune more boost at higher revs, the turbo is flat out.

I agree with you. But if you look at the compressor map for this turbo it does still seem to be efficient up to 18psi whilst pushing that extra air within a higher rev range...

A compressor map will give you 'boost pressure' by 'RPM' vs 'efficiency'

Do you have a link to the map?

I'll try grab it and post it up. It's floating around the us forums.
    Cheers, has been a good discussion thus far

Cant remember if its this one or not.

i swear u guys tuning in qld need a bloody wind tunnel

I plotted the points on the graph. I'm pretty confident of my calculations. Red line is @ 16PSI, Green line is @ 19PSI. You can see the red line goes nicely straight through the efficient part of the map, and falls off the cliff at 5500 RPM. 19PSI is another story, only really gets efficient around 4500. All the numbers above that are hypothetical because it cant get to them anyway due to it being to far outside it's efficiency range. Pretty conclusive to me. The numbers don't quiet line up to the markings, but you get the idea.

Thats the map cheers for that,

Nice plotting mate. I do agree with you. But if you look at the "19psi" point of the map... Ive put a red and orange ring around where i actaully think its still within its efficiency range. Its not great, i know lol but still able to push about 18psi i believe and not create a mass amount of heat...
    Especially seeing as though our 6Speed boxes need changing up quickly.

Do you agree? Or sort of see where im coming from?

Please dont take anything im saying as an attack neither is it aggressive. I do actually enjoy learning and discussing matters like this with people.
    The only way to learn or readjust what we know is by research and talking to others that have the knowledge.

Cheers
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ms3compressormap1done.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	84.7 KB 
ID:	1844  

Current: 2002 Nissan S15 200SX SPEC R
    Previously: 2006 Mazda 6 MPS ,MY00 WRX CLUB SPEC EVO IV Hatch ,97' Nissan S14A 200sx, Nissan R34 GT-T, Nissan S12 Silvia

I can see where your coming from but I can't see the car actually getting to that point. If you imagine the lines falling down as they go past the most efficient point, they progressively make themselves worse.

---------- Post added at 09:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:05 PM ----------

I would imagine the curves look more like this.

---------- Post added at 09:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:13 PM ----------

I cant explain it very well, sorry, but I will try to prove it. I'll wire my waste gate shut and film it and show you my car only pushing 14PSI above 5500 RPM. I'll just have to be careful lower in the revs.

oh yea I see what you mean. You might be right.
    Would be interesting to see your turbo spool to maximum with wastegate shut.
    And yes perhaps be very careful from 2,500 onwards lol

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    I can see where your coming from but I can't see the car actually getting to that point. If you imagine the lines falling down as they go past the most efficient point, they progressively make themselves worse.

---------- Post added at 09:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:05 PM ----------

I would imagine the curves look more like this.

---------- Post added at 09:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:13 PM ----------

I cant explain it very well, sorry, but I will try to prove it. I'll wire my waste gate shut and film it and show you my car only pushing 14PSI above 5500 RPM. I'll just have to be careful lower in the revs.

Previously: 2006 Mazda 6 MPS ,MY00 WRX CLUB SPEC EVO IV Hatch ,97' Nissan S14A 200sx, Nissan R34 GT-T, Nissan S12 Silvia

11. Default ChipTorque XEDE Processor on MY10 Gen 2 3MPs

I, Rino and PostieDan know whose MPS3 Gen2 is the one above

Great result

13. Default MY10 Gen2 Mazda 3 MPS XEDE & CES SRI Kit

This kit is available from ChipTorque Gold Coast for local install or mailorder supply.

XEDE Processor Kit includes:
    XEDE Processor with base ChipTorque tune
    Wire-in harness and installation wiring diagram
    XMap tuning software and tuning guide
    XEDE Processor sticker decal
    $990 - freight installation and dyno tuning extra

CES Racing SRI Kit includes:
    Mazda 3 MPS CES short ram intake pipe (painted high temp paint)
    K&N pod filter
    Aluminium heat shield
    $400 – freight and installation extra
    Ceramic coated intake pipe $100 extra

Leah @ CT
    follow us on twitter - http://twitter.com/chiptorque

14. Default Mazda 6 MPS with CES SRI & Exhaust + Flash Tune

17psi... 180awkw... not bad... would have thought could have made that with a little less boost perhaps...??

IS that on 98 oct fuel?

Quote Originally Posted by ChipTorque View Post
    Why does this Gen 2 MPS3 dyno fall off so much after 5500 rpm compared to the other MPS3 or MPS6 dyno?
    Nuliaj: Hatches are only really half a car anyway.
    shinslinger66: And you forgot to add that they are also a girls car!

Blog Entries

You run something other than 98 in a MPS???

Base tune is designed for 95, 98 is pointless if the car is stock.

Quote Originally Posted by tricache View Post
    You run something other than 98 in a MPS???
    i only ever run Shell 98 or BP 98... but as stated by Luke below.... Base mazda tune is for 95, 98oct fuel wont give you much...

If its hot weather or bad batch of fuel, at least the 98 i put in may help

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    Base tune is designed for 95, 98 is pointless if the car is stock.
    Agreed...
    One MAJOR part of basically any after market 'TUNE' for power is using 98oct fuel, thats how they get the xtra power from it... by utilizing the better fuel with better timing etc etc etc

EDIT: Although you can get better results from using the standard 95oct with tuning...

And thats why i asked the question

20. Default

Quote Originally Posted by nissanman View Post
    17psi... 180awkw... not bad... would have thought could have made that with a little less boost perhaps...??

IS that on 98 oct fuel?
    We were actually unsure of the fuel type as the customer had literally just purchased the car from a car yard, modified it then drove to ChipTorque for a tune. The fuel was from the car yard, so I would think that would mean it's unlikely that'd be 98 octane.

Leah @ CT
    follow us on twitter - http://twitter.com/chiptorque

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast