User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Technical Enquiries

1. Default Technical Enquiries

Please ask all your technical enquiries about ChipTorque product and services in this thread. Our technicians will get back to you with your answer as soon as we can.

When do we get some lovin' in sydney?

^^^^What he said....again

What is the cost to do a dynorun at Chiptorque. I have a 6MPS

I plan to get a flashtune done, but will be getting an exhaust and pod filter put in at CES in 1.5 weeks time and find it hard to justify the extra expense to get a baseline dyno (if its expensive).

The only reason I would do it would be to help other members on the forum know what to expect at each stage of mods to an 6MPS.

Mine was $200/hr @5hrs tuning, for the flash tune.

I think the 4wd dyno is a little more, but don't quote me on that.

when you going to have a handheld flasher for the MPS..

for poor little old me over here in New Zealand

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 2XS View Post
    Mine was $200/hr @5hrs tuning, for the flash tune.

I think the 4wd dyno is a little more, but don't quote me on that.
    Thats not bad...

Just trying to see how much it would cost for a group as well, like a Dyno day, just dyno runs no tuning of course
    Not Gone...just "busy"
    Quote Originally Posted by Street Road Laino
    It's not blue screen of death Kent, it's Auora Blue screen of death

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
    When do we get some lovin' in sydney?
    Not entirely sure on timeframe (up to 1 year) but I would suggest once we release our licenced tuning package for flash tuning then our Sydney dealer will be tuning locally. They might be in the loop for beta testing so it could be sooner than the official release.

The software is still being developed, so when I know more about progress I will pass on what I know.

Leah @ CT

---------- Post added at 10:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Penguin740 View Post
    What is the cost to do a dynorun at Chiptorque. I have a 6MPS

I plan to get a flashtune done, but will be getting an exhaust and pod filter put in at CES in 1.5 weeks time and find it hard to justify the extra expense to get a baseline dyno (if its expensive).

The only reason I would do it would be to help other members on the forum know what to expect at each stage of mods to an 6MPS.
    ChipTorque's dyno rates are as follows:

2WD Power Run $100
    2WD Custom Dyno Tuning $200 per hour
    4WD Power Run $180
    4WD Custom Dyno Tuning $280 per hour

On average a custom dyno tune tends to take 4 hours for a standard vehicle or with and exhaust upgrade. More modifications, in particular CAI's and pod filters, that alter the air flow meter readings tend to take about 5 hours of tuning.

It would be great to see the vehicle stock for a base power run.

Leah @ CT

---------- Post added at 10:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:37 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ante View Post
    when you going to have a handheld flasher for the MPS..

for poor little old me over here in New Zealand
    You could be looking at up to 1 year.

Leah @ CT

---------- Post added at 10:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:38 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by tricache View Post
    Thats not bad...

Just trying to see how much it would cost for a group as well, like a Dyno day, just dyno runs no tuning of course
    Usually Dyno Day entry is $60 (min. 15 vehicles) and includes:
    ·Dyno Power Run
    ·Opportunity to sit in your vehicle while we're doing the dyno run*
    ·Laminated dyno graph showing power in kW at the wheels & torque
    ·Dyno graph/s (including extra graphs for torque and air fule ratio) emailed to you after the event +
    ·Be in the running to win lucky door prize
    ·Catering package like a BBQ lunch
    *enclosed footwear required if you're going to enter the dyno room
    +include email address on entry form for dyno graphs
    Leah @ CT
    follow us on twitter - http://twitter.com/chiptorque

What happens if I get the flash, then next service Mazda does a software upgrade?

Do I loose the flash, if so what is involved in getting the car reflashed (what will it cost, will I need a retune?)

I am sure it won't be an issue once the ezy flash is released, but what about until then?

10. Default

same price for both Mazda 3 and 6 MPS, so that's super value for 6 owners!

Blog Entries

Thanks again Leah...will keep you posted

12. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Rooballer View Post
    What happens if I get the flash, then next service Mazda does a software upgrade?

Do I loose the flash, if so what is involved in getting the car reflashed (what will it cost, will I need a retune?)

I am sure it won't be an issue once the ezy flash is released, but what about until then?
    Like all other model vehicles that we reflash, if an in service PCM upgrade is performed by Mazda they will overwrite the aftermarket flash tune. ChipTorque would charge $100 to re-insert your tuned file into the ECU. We log all tune file names by VIN for occassions such as this. We'd need either the vehicle or ECU (shipping charges additional) to return to our premises for this service. This would also include reading out the Mazda upgrade to determine if any updates need to be made to the vehicle's aftermarket flash tune. This would include these updates if required which will be determined at our discretion.

You are right that the Ezy-FLASH would take this process completely out of the loop.

Leah @ CT

Thanks for the update Leah.. fingers crossed i have the car in a year... (i get the itch and tend to get thru cars pretty quickly

Is it an easy question to answer if we asked why it takes so long to get the hand held unit going ? is there alot involved with this... i thought the process would be fairly standard for you guys now with having the XR6 range and WRX and Evo e.t.c. ??

15. Default

Quote Originally Posted by PaulG View Post
    Is it an easy question to answer if we asked why it takes so long to get the hand held unit going ? is there alot involved with this... i thought the process would be fairly standard for you guys now with having the XR6 range and WRX and Evo e.t.c. ??
    Although ChipTorque are now confidently able to Flash the ECU through our custom flash tuning service, we have a hurdle to overcome to be able to pair the Flash Tune software upgrade with the Ezy-FLASH hardware. Specifically the ECU recovery method is where our development focus is at present. This event could occur when users were reflashing their vehicle using the Ezy-FLASH.

Explanation: If there were certain critical events that occurred during the Flashing process using Ezy-FLASH, it is possible to corrupt the ECU data to a point where the ECU cannot be communicated with from the outside pins anymore. These events would include insufficient Battery Voltage, and disconnecting (or poor connection) of the programming cable at a specific point in the process. If these events all occurred at the wrong times, the ECU will become junk. With the EVO and Subaru application, before ChipTorque released the Ezy-FLASH, we had managed to find ways around these problems to recover from “Bad Flash”, using a recovery process in the Ezy-FLASH product, or worse case scenario, say if the programming cable was completely disconnected prior to the Ezy-FLASH recovery, by sending the ECU and Ezy-FLASH to ChipTorque. We are still working on this solution for the Mazda to ensure robust and trouble-free operation for our future customers and Ezy-FLASH users.

This is what is slowing down our development process. We hope to find a solution shortly and advise you all of the release.

Leah @ CT

when we come down next month, im looking to get a proper tune it seems to e runnung rich could you guys help then or i should re shedule another time

17. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Nasa View Post
    when we come down next month, im looking to get a proper tune it seems to e runnung rich could you guys help then or i should re shedule another time
    Are you meaning when you come down for the dyno day in November? If so, there will only be time for the dyno runs we will be performing. Each vehicle takes about 20-30mins to dyno run and that will be keeping our technicians on the go for most of the day. Obviously as we are running each car on the dyno, we will specifically be observing the vehicle's AFR (air fuel ratio) and the dyno technician may give you some feedback on what he sees during that brief time. But it would probably be best to reschedule for diagnosis and a full assessment to determine why your vehicle runs rich. i.e. could it be due to aftermarket modifications? so you may require a custom tune to correct.

Leah @ CT

wooo hooo nugget is booked in 9am tomorrow for a flash tune !!! cant wait

awesome keep us posted on the results!

and good luck

Do you have any more info regarding the Ezy-flash for the MPS? E.T.A etc.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast