User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Technical Enquiries

Ok, so its been 1 month since we were told that the Ezy-FLASH for the 3MPS was running behind schedule......we are all patiently wating.
    Is there ANY INFO you can give us in relation to a revised release date or anything NEW that differs from post 57 in this thread ?
    Cheers,
    Ad.

2. Default

Please give me til next week to get a proper update on where ChipTorque's development is up to. The main development tech has had the last 3 days on leave, so I will quiz him on Monday.

I know that the other development Ezy-FLASH projects that we have been working on are nearing completion, which will free up more time to concentrate on the Mazda area. The latest development has been related to the Tune Manager Pro Licenced tuning software, implementing a pass through programming technique, which will make the custom dyno tuning process quicker.

Thanks

Leah @ CT
    follow us on twitter - http://twitter.com/chiptorque

Hi Leah,

Is there any early indication on the pricing of the Mazda Ezy-Flash? I'd like a flash tune but don't want to get that now and then see an Ezy-Flash in a couple of months that would have only cost a little more and included a tune.

Cheers,
    Dan

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by AD07 View Post
    Ok, so its been 1 month since we were told that the Ezy-FLASH for the 3MPS was running behind schedule......we are all patiently wating.
    Is there ANY INFO you can give us in relation to a revised release date or anything NEW that differs from post 57 in this thread ?
    Cheers,
    Ad.
    Ezy-FLASH Development Update

ChipTorque's development team are completing the development of our licenced tuning software Tune Manager Pro which I have been told is about 80% complete. Our time is being spent setting up the software with one of the major tasks being the Pass Through Programming function. Pass Through Programming will be handy in the custom tuning of vehicle's as this will deliver a more streamlined process when custom tuning vehicles.

Mazda development is still going on in the background, and will be the sole focus of our development team once the above has been completed.

I am not quoting any timeframes, as I'd like to avoid disappointing the Mazda community. The team say that all development has taken longer than originally anticipated.

Leah @ CT

---------- Post added at 11:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by TallDan View Post
    Hi Leah,

Is there any early indication on the pricing of the Mazda Ezy-Flash? I'd like a flash tune but don't want to get that now and then see an Ezy-Flash in a couple of months that would have only cost a little more and included a tune.

Cheers,
    Dan
    Proposed Ezy-Flash Pro pricing for Mazda

Please note that the cost of the Ezy-FLASH Pro for Mazda is not definite. To understand the following cost scenario’s please firstly read the following definitions.

Ezy-FLASH Pro is a hardware device to store tune data for reflashing aftermarket tunes directly to the vehicle’s ECU. This device will also provide additional data log & diagnostic functions.

Custom Flash Tune is a labour service provided by ChipTorque, typically performed by our tuner on the dyno.

Tune Manager Pro will be the Licensed tuning software for Ezy-FLASH Pro. Other Dyno Tuning outlets will be able to provide custom flash tuning services to Ezy-FLASH Pro users once ready for use.

Tune Set is a group of alternative tunes installed into the Ezy-FLASH Pro. At this time these will be based on variations of the custom flash tune, to suit alternate boost level, fuel types and tune objectives.

2WD Dyno Custom Flash Tune at ChipTorque $1000
    4WD Dyno Custom Flash Tune at ChipTorque $1120
    Ezy-FLASH Pro device no tunes $895
    Ezy-FLASH Pro with 2WD Dyno Custom Flash Tune at ChipTorque $1895
    Ezy-FLASH Pro with 4WD Dyno Custom Flash Tune at ChipTorque $2015
    2WD Dyno custom retune of ChipTorque Custom Flash Tune $200 per hour
    4WD Dyno custom retune of ChipTorque Custom Flash Tune $280 per hour

For customers wanting their existing ChipTorque Custom Flash Tune integrated into an Ezy-FLASH Pro, ChipTorque plan to offer this at the cost of the purchase of the Ezy-FLASH Pro device no tunes, for a limited time once we have the product available. This will involve ChipTorque’s tuner creating the tune set for your car based on your custom flash tune and reflashing your vehicle back to its original factory tune prior to the installation of the Ezy-FLASH Pro. This means that we’d either need to see the vehicle or ECU at ChipTorque to perform this process.

Leah @ CT

---------- Post added at 11:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:17 AM ----------

Please use this thread for further Ezy-FLASH Pro discussion
    http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/chipt...pro-mazda.html

Thanks, Leah @ CT

Hi Chiptorque.......
    Whats the latest news on the Ezy-Flash for the MPS.......anything???

can u just buy the flash tuner with a stock tune but gets rid of the power limting in 1st 2nd n 3rd

^ dont you like traction? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    ^ dont you like traction? lol
    Surprisingly Doc, when I had CT tune my Gen 2, even with some of the boost restriction bypassed in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd, it still gripped really well.

I think it was all in the way they tailored the parameters.

The way it accelerated was nothing short of mind blowing, you could just be trundling along, then give it a boot full and it was like a slingshot.
    MPS is gone. Ghey Trail enabled....Not Happy. MPS 6 to come

just think if mazda took away the boost limiting in 1st 2nd and 3rd the mps would look more like this in stats 0-100 in 5.7 80-120 in 3.0 400m in 13.7 as a stock car

I really dont mind the bost limiting 1,2,3 what i really dislike is teh 5000rpm throttle limitation

11. Default

ChipTorque's custom Flash Tune can completely remove the torque clips in 1, 2, 3rd gears. We can also increase the limits for each gear without completely removing them, as this may be more driveable. Usually when we tune a vehicle it's in 4th gear, with a road test performed after the tune to assess and modify the changes to the torque clip. We aim to set up this adjustment for optimal driveability, but can certainly cater to individual requests during our tuning services.

Leah @ CT

Hey Leah does disconnecting the battery remove the flash tune?
    The reason i ask is i had you guys tune my 6mps back in November (going great by the way)
    but i will need to replace my battery soon and want to know if it changes anything in the tune.
    Cheers Todd

Disconnecting battery will not remove or effect a flash.

Quote Originally Posted by magoo View Post
    Thanks Magoo thats the answer i wanted to hear

15. Default

Quote Originally Posted by magoo View Post
    Agreed, disconnecting the battery will reset your ECU though, which will clear any learned data, so it could feel different to drive until the ECU learns to fuel type and driving style, etc. The flash tune would be removed if Mazda connected to vehicle and updated the ECU, they will over write the current flash. If this occurs you can come back to ChipTorque, we will locate your performance tune which we log by VIN number and for a small fee to cover labour, we can reflash your tune back into the ECU.

Leah @ CT

Thanks Leah

hi Leah,just wanted to know if you guys do log book servicing,my car is not under warranty anymore and i want to go somewhere where i know my car won't be flashed,i have one place in mind but i thought i'd ask you guys first being my 1st option?cheers

18. Default

Yes of course we can service your MPS. Just PM or email me the service specs, advise if you'd like to use genuine parts and if you have any preference for oil brand, etc.

awesome,thanks Leah.It will be some time before it gets serviced again,don't do a great deal of km's but will see you guys when the time comes,cheers!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234