User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Technical Enquiries

Any news on the release date for the Ezy-Flash ????..... is it actually going to happen this Feb or have alot of MPS owners got their hopes up only to hear... "we are still testing, it shouldnt take that much longer"...............
    Any info on what is ACTUALLY happening would be much appreciated as alot of us are not in a position to be able to drive to your workshop to get the tune done there, but are more than willing to spend their hard earned cash on their own Ezy-Flash tuner.
    Cheers,
    Ad.
    Last edited by AD07; 09-02-2010 at 04:50 PM.

i also would like to kno details on progress and can any1 tell me who is the chiptorque provider and tuner in perth?

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by aussiguy87 View Post
    does the XEDE Processor tune the ecu or just up the fuel rail pressure and timing?
    For common rail turbo diesels, our tuning adjusts fuel pressure and boost control to increase the boost for more safety by lowering the exhaust gas temperature and usually improving fuel consumption.

The XEDE Processor integrates with an existing (usually factory) Engine Management System. The operation of the XEDE is to modify the signals (Voltage or Frequency and Crankshaft Reference signals) before the main PCM/ECU sees the signals. By changing the values of these signals, the resultant outputs from the PCM will be changed. If, for example, we effectively reduce the voltage that the PCM sees on the MAP sensor wire at Full Load, the PCM will see a signal that equates to less load. Using this modified input signal, the PCM will open the injectors for less time as it expects the engine is under less load and therefore requires less fuel, thus leaning out the mixtures. Moving the crankshaft reference signal will move the ignition timing (timing advance).

Leah @ CT
    follow us on twitter - http://twitter.com/chiptorque

Quote Originally Posted by ChipTorque View Post
    For common rail turbo diesels, our tuning adjusts fuel pressure and boost control to increase the boost for more safety by lowering the exhaust gas temperature and usually improving fuel consumption.

The XEDE Processor integrates with an existing (usually factory) Engine Management System. The operation of the XEDE is to modify the signals (Voltage or Frequency and Crankshaft Reference signals) before the main PCM/ECU sees the signals. By changing the values of these signals, the resultant outputs from the PCM will be changed. If, for example, we effectively reduce the voltage that the PCM sees on the MAP sensor wire at Full Load, the PCM will see a signal that equates to less load. Using this modified input signal, the PCM will open the injectors for less time as it expects the engine is under less load and therefore requires less fuel, thus leaning out the mixtures. Moving the crankshaft reference signal will move the ignition timing (timing advance).

Leah @ CT
    And as requested the update on the Ezyflash?
    08 VW GTI PIRELLI DSG - 1 OF 400
    S3 HEART WITH 229 kw OF APR GOODNESS

SOLD - 06 MPS3 / CPE CAI / CPE HKS BOV / CPE HV2 BELLMOUTH DUMP & METALLIC CAT / CPE MOUNT / COBB SUSPENSION / DBA SLOTTED ROTORS C/W HAWKS PADS

5. Default

Yes I can read and I also understand everyone's anticipation about the Ezy-FLASH PRO for Mazda. I am awaiting an update from the technical dept. and once I have this I will be able to provide you all an update.

Leah @ CT

So how's the update from the "technical dept" going ????? We would ALL like to know..........

Quote Originally Posted by AD07 View Post
    So how's the update from the "technical dept" going ????? We would ALL like to know..........
    Ohhh

I think you have done it now
    08 VW GTI PIRELLI DSG - 1 OF 400
    S3 HEART WITH 229 kw OF APR GOODNESS

SOLD - 06 MPS3 / CPE CAI / CPE HKS BOV / CPE HV2 BELLMOUTH DUMP & METALLIC CAT / CPE MOUNT / COBB SUSPENSION / DBA SLOTTED ROTORS C/W HAWKS PADS

lol......not having a go at them, i (& everyone else) would really just like to know where they are at in reference to their " release date" without any BS.....

lol......not having a go at them, i (& everyone else) would really just like to know where they are at in reference to their " release date" without any BS.....
    Agreed.
    ^^^The message is up there stupid^^^

Hi Leah,

As you can see, many of us are hanging out for news on the Ezy-Flash Anything you can pass on?

If Lachlan gets it sorted there will be a rush on it, plenty of us are waiting in anticipation!

Hope it's all going well for you guys there.

Dan

I have heard rumours around the forum that the XEDE can't control fuel pressure in the MPS (as oppossed to other options). Is this true?

......anyone......Ezy Flash release...........update..........pleeeeease...... ......

he,he, anticipation ay?

Ditto tho...I can't wait either BUT they have to get it right.
    I got cash put aside.

yeah even though im super keen for it,i'd rather they get it right and their is no problems with it when we all get it done,because i'd be pissed if their were problems after,so it's worth the wait i say!!!

........anything..............updates............. ..please.....
    It CANT be that hard to give "potential customers" an update can it ???????

hey can u pm me details on a tune for a toyota corolla with a 2zz-ge thanks also what do u mod the boost to on the ranger/bt-50 as im on 17-18psi

17. Default Ezy-FLASH Mazda Development Update

Any news on the release date for the Ezy-Flash ????..... is it actually going to happen this Feb or have alot of MPS owners got their hopes up only to hear... "we are still testing, it shouldnt take that much longer"...............
    Any info on what is ACTUALLY happening would be much appreciated as alot of us are not in a position to be able to drive to your workshop to get the tune done there, but are more than willing to spend their hard earned cash on their own Ezy-Flash tuner.
    Cheers,
    Ad.
    Hi All,

Sorry for the slower reply, I had to wait for the Ezy-FLASH technical team meeting. So here you go, hot off the press:

Ezy-FLASH Mazda Development Update

Over the past couple of months the Ezy-FLASH development team have been working on several projects including:
    • Introduction of new model – the “Ezy-FLASH Pro” for the existing supported vehicle makes like Subaru. This has involved a change of hardware which allows us to incorporate support for various previous and current programming systems across multiple manufacturers including Mazda.
    • Creation and implementation of a licensed tuning software package to enable dyno tuners to custom tune vehicles locally utilizing the new Ezy-FLASH Pro product.

The implementation of this development to include the MPS Mazda range has presented some other unexpected difficulties that we had hoped might still have been completed by the end of February. The design team met again this morning to assess the Mazda release. Unfortunately, our timeline for beta testing in late February will not be met. Be assured, however, that we are working toward Beta testing in the near future and then release into the greater market as soon as possible after that.

Although it may appear to some that we are not progressing fast enough in getting a Flash tuning device completed for the Mazda 3 & 6 MPS, be assured that the development we have undertaken in creating a new Ezy-FLASH Pro hardware device and licensed tuning software are great advancements in getting ChipTorque a couple of steps closer to being able to supply the best product, Australia wide, that you guys can have tuned locally.

In the interim, of course, we are still able to provide Custom Flash Tunes for the Gen I MPS vehicles here at our Nerang, Gold Coast facility. Our experience has also progressed to the level of being able to support mail order Flash Tunes for basic modifications. More on this to come soon.

Leah & Lachlan

---------- Post added at 11:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:17 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by 2XS View Post
    I have heard rumours around the forum that the XEDE can't control fuel pressure in the MPS (as oppossed to other options). Is this true?
    Yes the XEDE Processor can control common rail fuel pressure. While we have controlled fuel pressure previously in applications that are appropriate we prefer to leave the commonrail fuel pressure unchanged provided that the power, torque and driveability results can be achieved without it. This is purely from our engineering perspective of minimum interruption to the standard operating characteristics of the factory ECU.

Lachlan
    follow us on twitter - http://twitter.com/chiptorque

thanks for the update chiptorque,even though it's not happening quite as soon as we all hoped for im sure it will be a great product.

Thanks for the update Leah and Lachlan

any news is good news im holding out on my tune til the ezy-Flash is good to go

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast