User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Top Gear Australia Magazine can't handle the torque of an MPS!

What torque steer?
    Sure it's got a little bit, but I've experienced more in 4WD cars before
    For example, in a Subaru SVX, and a Mitsubishi Airtrek Turbo. So much for 4WD?
    Also my 1976 Honda Civic with a 1300 engine instead of the original 1170cc engine was vicious. You really needed strong arms.

I agree with you mpsmike, I bought the car knowing full well about the torque steer, I do believe it is a bit better on Gen 2 than Gen 1. It makes it a whole lot of fun. But I have noticed that on some of the crappy Perth roads you need to be careful as it seems to exacerbate the problem.

I love the torque steer.. its funny u put a RWD car driver say XR6 turbo/XR8 in a MPS 3 when they push the power they get a big grin and love it, as the wheel pulls left or right. than only after they say too much torque steer but wehn it happens they are smiling. but its never dangerous... i have some suspension mods , when i feed the power on i have no problems at the limit with understeer..... if anything it pulls it around..

Sorry whinge moment:

Almost everything Top gear, Motor and Wheels write about is the same as each other. They all share info. If one releases info on a group of cars the others will by the next month. Even the cars that aren't new release or are modified. It's budget + Advertising revenue VS content and content looses massively. So if one whinges about MPS a little the next will do the same or more. The writers are plagiarists and many of them write under different identities for all three mags. That and their point of view is often tainted by the 300 Porches they have driven/written about. I'd love for 'the mags' to leave Porche out of a competition they are generally far too expensive to compete in.

Sorry bout the last Porche bit :P I like em but 3 mags writing about the Panemera several times a piece. Pffft

/Rant off

Agreed

But i must say, i havn't read it fully, but flicking through the latest issue of wheels at the newsagent, the new MPS gets a much more realistic review against the GTi.
    The GTi tested is the base model without the expensive handling options, so its a more fair test.
    Last paragraph states that all that lets the MPS down is damping and interior quality. Its 8 stars, the GTi is 8.5 stars. I can't really complain about that

One word o describe those guys . . . . SOFT

this article was full of sarcasm which kinda ruined it for me....top gear Aust your a bunch of woosy wankers.

I'm a keen TG UK fan but TG Oz just hasn't got it.....

Blog Entries

What's the point in discussing an article from someone who aparently hasn't either read ther specification nor driven either vehicle? How do you not notice the 6th gear and then review stating 5 gears in the focus? How do you read through the specs and then review stating no LSD in the mazda?

Awnser : Don't actually drive the vehicles, or read specs in detail, just make it up using what you think you know (which is obviously not much)

And you can be certain there'll be some torque steer, so have a whinge about that while your at it. Don't actually drive either of the vehicles, or you might feel guilty about passing off fiction as a review.

At the very least the authour has not performed due diligence in researching the article. To write a review with such glaringly obvious factual errors about both vehicles : Not only have you not read the specifications, it is highly unlikely you have driven either of them, and absolutely certain that factual accuracy is not important enough to you for you to check it before publication.

"Shame, shame, shame!"
    Who was that dude with the beard again - oh yes that's right - Darren Hinch moment.

Top Gear Aust is rubbish.

i have test driven a 09 mps and a 09 xr5 i would say the xr5 had much more torque steer

Quote Originally Posted by mpsJOE View Post
    Here's yet another review between the RS and new MPS... Although this one is UK based...

Mazda 3 MPS vs Ford Focus RS | Car Group Tests | Car Reviews | Auto Express
    That was my verdict (taken out the character) after driving the gen 2 vs the gen 1 at the request of the dealer I got my gen 1 from. Still great value though.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234